A.J.: You people are fucked. You're living in a dream. And you still sit here talking about the fucking Oscars...

A.J.: You people are fucked. You're living in a dream. And you still sit here talking about the fucking Oscars? "What rough beast slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?" Yeets. The world... Don't you see it? t's like America. This is still where people come to make it, it's a beautiful idea and what do they get? Bling? Come on's for shit they don't need and can't afford?
Tara Zincone: You're all over the place I don't know what you're trying to say

Was AJ /our guy/

Ass bump

CRRRRRRRAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

the second coming is a pretty good poem but im a sucker for that overwhelming bleakness of WW1-era art & literature

F-emale B-ody I-inspector

bravochase

>it's a Paulie acid flashbacks from the 60's episode
even wackier than Test Dream desu, what was Chase thinking with that one?

:(

They say there's no two people on Earth exactly the same. No two faces. No two sets of fingerprints. But, did they know that for sure? Because they would have to get everybody together in one huge space, and, obviously, that's not possible, even with computers. And, not only that, they'd have to get all the people who ever lived, not just the ones now. So, they got no proof. They got nothing. Mrs. Soprano may have passed, but who's to say there isn't another Mrs. Soprano just like her? Or, will be? Maybe not with the same fears and paranoia, but the same.

>tfw I was a teenager I used to use books quotes I remembered out of context that weren't applicable to the subject of discussion to make myself seem smart

Cringing as I remember this

How has this never been used as a Sup Forums banner?

This will never cease to make me chuckle

oscars do suck, though

>david chase tries to write AJ as an angsty ridden teenager, bored of his existence and not challenged by school at all
>the actor is fucking shit at portraying underlying intellect and so he's written off as a spaz

good arc though tbqhwymf, better than meadow's

When had the AJ character ever demonstrated underlying intellect? I think you're blaming a performance for something that isn't there.

reading and quoting nietzsche at a relatively young age, questioning institutions alongside being a vandal and a problem child.

if i saw a kid who was interested in philosophy and was also unengaged by regular education/societal conventions i would assume they were of above average intelligence. that's certainly not typical behaviour for someone in their middle school years and i don't reckon chase got a character that wrong.

No, that's just the sign of an adolescent that lacks the self-awareness to realize how stupid they are in their efforts to affect intelligence.

I'm guessing you're a dumb pleb who picked up Nietzsche when you were 16 and thought you were smart for it

>I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor, Mom. That's my dream. That's my nightmare: crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor and surviving.

jesus christ AJ, what the fuck?

Just like Tony often shows moments of self-awareness and questioning things, but his upbringing and the world surrounding him always limit him, and he falls back to his old ways. He was smarter than the other gangsters, but never cared to explore his own intelligence. AJ has the same potential but he's too confused and also lacking self-awareness.

Meadow was less held back by those self-imposed limits but she was just a big hypocrite and ended up being a moron as well.

you missed the point you moron. he was genuinely disillusioned, he wasn't trying appear as anything. tony got all cut up because aj had the same depressive/anxious tendencies he was coming to terms with.

i've never read nietzsche but i judge people who have. btw: nice projection kiddo

He was reading Nietzsche in college. The only thing I recall him reading in adolescence was that Robert Frost poem he needed Meadow to explain. When did he questions institutions?

Everything he did was the actions of a frustrated teenager being introduced to some new ideas as a college freshman.

He never demonstrated any intelligence.

>all this projection

Tony had several things over AJ that I would equate to raw brilliance such as excellent people/communication skills, natural charisma and drive/ambition - at least in his later years. Most importantly, Tony was view the world around him with perspective.

AJ seemed as though he had the ability to comprehend some pretty complex ideas for his age and I agree with you that he got lost or overwhelmed by feelings of futility but that seemed to almost come out of nowhere in later seasons. He went from young disaffected youth, to sports star, to failure of a son. Again, I really liked how much of a fuck up he became and how much Tony grew to hate him, but his earlier character didn't seem to gel with his later character.

>He was reading Nietzsche in college

it was in season 2 or 3 where he was quoting him and the older kids were making fun of him subtly