Republican ex-Treasury chief Paulson slams Trump, to vote for Clinton

reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-paulson-idUSKCN0ZB00R

>Henry Paulson, a Republican who was U.S. Treasury secretary during the 2008 financial meltdown, on Friday called a Donald Trump presidency "unthinkable" and said he will vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton.

>Paulson joins a growing list of establishment Republicans who say they will not cast a ballot in the Nov. 8 election for Trump, the party's presumptive nominee and a political neophyte whose populist rhetoric runs counter to many long-held Republican principles.

>"When it comes to the presidency, I will not vote for Donald Trump," Paulson, who was chief executive of Goldman Sachs before becoming Treasury chief under Republican President George W. Bush, wrote in an opinion piece in the Washington Post.

>"I'll be voting for Hillary Clinton, with the hope that she can bring Americans together to do the things necessary to strengthen our economy, our environment and our place in the world," he said.

>Paulson accused Trump, who has touted his business acumen as a real estate developer during his campaign, of taking "imprudent risk" and then disavowing his debts when ventures fail.

>He also took aim at Trump's opposition to trade agreements, which Paulson said have created U.S. jobs and fostered innovation and competitiveness.

>Brent Scowcroft, a national security adviser to two Republican presidents, endorsed Clinton on Wednesday, and Richard Armitage, a deputy secretary of state under George W. Bush, said last week he would support her.

>Paulson, who helped steer a $700 billion bailout of the financial system through Congress during the financial meltdown, said Trump is a "phony" who is unfit to be president.

>"I can't help but think what would have happened if a divisive character such as Trump were president during the 2008 financial crisis, at a time when leadership, compromise and careful analysis were critical," he said.

Why are so many Republicans turning against Trump?

Other urls found in this thread:

cepr.net/documents/publications/dereg-timeline-2009-07.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any republican against Trump at this point, I simply assume he/she is Establishment/NWO supporter. A gentile bastard traitorous cunt.

Any liberal against Trump at this point, well . . . you know.

>literal ex-Goldman Sachs whore hates Trump

stop the presses

>who helped steer a $700 billion bailout of the financial system

Oh right the trillion dollar wall street (and Goldman Sachs) bailout

Because that was a really popular move.

They really don't want that fed audited do they?

This only further proves that there is literally no difference between the Democrats and GOP, they're all owned and funded by the same people.

Americans need to take their country back by force.

the globalists are really exposing themselves this election

I don't get the obsession with this

the FED literally creates money and hands it to the banks. This isn't secret it's publicly stated policy.

Maybe not popular, but assuredly necessary.

I'm not sure.

Me neither. Why won't the allow an audit? It's not like they have anything to hide.

>Goldman Sachs hates Trump

Shocking news!

Just goes to further prove Trump is the right person to vote for.

kill yourself globalist kike

The wall street bailout was literally nothing but handouts to the very bankers that destroyed the economy with sub prime mortgage fraud.

>Republican establishment closes ranks.

Wow, I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

The process by which they come to the decisions they make isn't publicly known. Or privately really. Some people believe congress should know everything They discuss and make it public record. Others say congress should keep their know nothing cunts out of the mix. Personally I don't trust the Jews at the Fed. But I trust the complete fuckups in congress even less.

>ery bankers that destroyed the economy with sub prime mortgage fraud.

Ehhh. Not quite how it went down.

The American people are seeing that the republican and democrat establishment are the same people.

With the recent DNC rejecting all of Bernies ideas, its making an already likely Trump presidency definite.

>It's not like they have anything to hide

Their policies are stated public record

Give shitloads of money to the banks so a few wall street elites can make out like bandits.

Of course it should be public record

but that's different from "auditing"

Crypto-Jew hates Trump? Shocking.

Trump will simply add him to the list to be dealt with in the next four years. There's plenty of prison cells to go around. Iowa is a big place, after all.

How did it go down then?

>a growing list of establishment Republicans

>OH SHIT THE SHEEP AREN'T DOING THE PLAN FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK

It's exactly what happened.

Wall street began shelling out toxic mortgage left and right after former Goldman Sachs employee Robert Rubin changed the CRA so they could lend to illegals and No Income blacks and revoked Glass Steagall under the Clinton administration.

>but that's different from "auditing"

In this context that's what auditing means. The Fed has been audited multiple times before. But never a "full audit". Meaning Congress doesn't have access to the decision making process. That's what's being asked for. The hows and whys they do what they do.

What's wrong with his left pinky?, it's always bent like that.

> The hows and whys they do what they do

Right. Well I'd prefer the term "oversight" but whatever. Obviously the FED shouldn't be allowed to have it's secret clubhouse hidden away from elected representatives and hte public.

Clinton: Hey bankers gib money's to niggers for houses
>Bankers: fuck no niggers don't pay back their gibs
We're introducing legislation to make you do it
>here's a billion dollars to lobby against it
What if Fannie May backs the loan?
>lulz you dumb nigga. Fuck no
What if we let your regular banks speculate on the loans?
>goddamn you're fucking stupid. don't you remember why you stopped letting us do that in the first place?
What if we let you bundle up all those bad mortgages and sell them to the Chinese?
>yeah that's gonna fuck us all long term
We got ya
>shit.
>ok

Except for the part where the banks lobbied against all that shit until the deal was literally too good for ten to pass up.

Yes, but. The flip side is those chucklefucks on the Hill can dip their dicks in it all. If you think our monetary policy is all fucked up now, just let assholes like Rubio get their say.

>Found the shill

Hank Paulson is the one that payed all them banks and kept all his buddies out of prison. His head belongs on a spear somewhere with Alan Greenspan and Bernanke

>Henry Paulson, a Republican who was U.S. Treasury secretary during the 2008 financial meltdown, on Friday called a Donald Trump presidency "unthinkable" and said he will vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton.
Keep in mind this evil piece of shit is pretty much the mastermind of stealing trillions of American tax payer dollars and tanking the whole fucking economy.

I can't blame him alone, but he was the face of it. We were almost in total economic collapse, and he and other like him took full advantage of that.

If he's voting for Clinton, he can go fuck himself. I can't fucking believe I'm this tempted to vote for Trump.

All of Trump's critics are fucking evil NeoCon cunts and opportunistic globalists and blood thirsty Zionist Jews. They act like they are going to convince me to vote otherwise.

NO YOU FUCKING KIKES, you are convincing me to vote for him. If these are his enemies, then Trump is our friend.

THIS MOTHER FUCKER was all tied up with the 2008 financial collapse and then decided who were going to be the winners and helping ensure taxpayers were the losers

He can stick his vote up his ass

What utter horseshit. Maybe some Jews needed to become poor from that fuck up. Most of them needed to go to federal prison.

Remind me why some fuckwad who was in favor of corporate handouts and gave 700 billion dollars in bailoutbux endorsing Clinton is anything but good.

This just solidifies to establishment globalism vs non establishment nationalism theme of this election

>banks lobbied against all that shit
>just happened to support Rubin, an Ex Goldman employee making all those changes while Secretary of the Treasury under Clinton
>we dindu nuffin we gud bois

If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you.

>Most of them needed to go to federal prison

Yeah

instead they all got huge bonuses for stealing trillions of dollars from actual productive Americans. Then idiots defend them online. What a world we live in.

>With the recent DNC rejecting all of Bernies ideas, its making an already likely Trump presidency definite.
Fuck Charles Koch. Both parties are corrupt shit and they are the same.

incompetent moron makes another incompetent public decision

hilarious to see these guppies biting desperately at Trump's toenails

Kochs are just multinational corporate globalists anyway

They were only ever worthless neocons to begin with.

I was a fully functioning adult in the 90s. I remember the debates on it. The banks knew a bad deal when they saw it and lobbied against it. It actually fucked more than the bailout helped. And the banks knew it was going to happen.

>we're introducing legislation to make you do it

Let's see an actual law here

>sell them to the Chinese

You mean sell them to shekel grubbing jews in Wall Street?

Reminder that gentile run Wells Fargo didn't buy into any of this, and was doing fine with liquidity throughout the recession.

Any bailout should have involved a return of Glass Steagall legislation, the rampant speculation that ensued after its repeal is exactly what we saw in the volatile 19th century markets and in the lead up to the Great Depression.

I'm not generally a fan of government regulation, but finance is one area that needs it badly.

This is a human flaw where we are forgiving and obedient to "leaders" who are just as hapless and stupid as the rest of us. It's embarrassing how we elevate the fucking people. World-wide we have a leadership problem. They're all incompetent. Look at the EU.

This is absolute nonsense

The bailout handed trillions to wall street corporate execs for literally worthless toxic debt, it was possibly one of the greatest robberies of all time.

This was entirely in wall streets interest and the deregulation of wall street was completely lobbied for by wall street. This isn't even up for debate, it's historic fact along with all wall street deregulation.

cepr.net/documents/publications/dereg-timeline-2009-07.pdf

Paid wall street insiders who gained political influence used influence to grant further power and leverage to wall street.

>They were only ever worthless neocons to begin with.
I fucking hate their "social experiments" where they fuck with local governments and laws for their "ideals" and libertarian dogshit that they don't even live by.

But he's voting for Hillary Clinton. Doesn't that TOTALLY make you hate Trump and vote for Clinton now?

>Let's see an actual law here
Various revisions of the CRA starting in 1992.

>You mean sell them to shekel grubbing jews in Wall Street?
that too

It's just neoliberalism designed to disposes the white working class through poverty and unemployment all while they ship in cheap labor and ship jobs overseas.

>which Paulson said have created U.S. jobs
When was the last time a trade agreement actually did this?

Well they do create jobs

but the jobs are in China.

hence the "U.S."

>He also took aim at Trump's opposition to trade agreements, which Paulson said have created U.S. jobs and fostered innovation and competitiveness.
Yup another globalist scumbag.

Trickle down economics works great. For China.

Yes. It benefited Wall Street. The ones who were bailed out before they went bankrupt anyway. That's not in dispute. The end result, I'm not disputing. What I'm saying is the banks were lobbying against it. Mostly it was insurance companies lobbying for it and one bank lobbied for it, Citigroup (enter Rubin), after they broke the law and merged with Travellers. It was all a government move.

You get to stock the shelves at Walmart with all of the cheap shit that was manufactured in China.

all i can see from republicans like this

>im going to sabotage the nominee
>that way NO ONE will trust us ever again, 50 years of democrats is what i want!

OK, genius. No argument that the investment banks are a bunch of greedy fucks, but what would have happened to the world economy if they had all failed? I doubt you'd be able to afford the computer you are using to shitpost right now.

Just like with Brexit - we are seeing now two sides. Nationalists vs Globalists.

It is good to see all the maggots squirm.

>all i can see from republicans like this

You misinterpret their strategy.

They believe the presidency is lost, but NOT the Senate or the House. So, what they are doing is playing their cards in such a way as to paint Trump as an unelectable madman who does not represent the party at all. By this, they hope that folks will still vote Republican in the Senate and House races.

They want another eight years of lame duckiness insofar as Hillary is concerned. Basically, they are just trying to keep the status quo.

kek forgive him, we dont want his blood on our hands. just spare this one person, please. save your fury.