Why do all the versus movies have to be shit? Why do they fuck them up so fucking bad? Alien vs. Predator, Freddy vs...

Why do all the versus movies have to be shit? Why do they fuck them up so fucking bad? Alien vs. Predator, Freddy vs. Jason, Batman vs. Superman, King Kong vs. Godzilla. ALL FUCKING TRASH I CANT TAKE IT

>AvP
5/10. loved it as a kid. could have been a lot better.
>Freddy vs Jason
7/10. i liked it.
>BvS
7/10. flawed but goddamn enjoyable.

>Whoever wins, we lose

Scott pilgrim was good.

I was just about to make a thread about the AvP2 and how comically bad it was. How could they let those characters be used in such an amateur film?

>Batman vs. Superman
>pretentious patrician can't even get the name right when he saw the movie
\thread dropped

"What about us?!"

>are the monsters gone?

fuck that movie was bad.

If you smoke some good weed and turn your brain off, they're pretty cool

>I haven't smoked weed in years, it would make me mentally slow and lethargic

What was wrong with Kong vs Godzilla?

Also Abbott and Costello meet the Wolfman

i will watch this and love it

Cockneys vs zombies is good.

>Freddy vs. Jason
>shit
its arguably the best of any of either franchise

Cause they're obvious cash grabs. The only reason people go see these movies is to say
>OH DUDE BRO THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!!

Its like SyFy level bad and it doesn't do it ironically. I don't understand how it was allowed to happen. It like not a single competent person was on board during the making of the movie. I can't believe it didn't kill both franchises.

I think part of the problem is the boring matchups. Why not Alien vs King Kong? Or Predator vs Freddy.

/thread

I loved this shit as a kid. My dad (RIP) took me to this.

i was pretty disapointed.
>incompetent predator
>dawsons creek bullshit
>literally too dark
>dumbest fuckin story

and then they had the balls to leave a semi cliff hanger.

tucker & dale vs evil
>your point is invalid

sounds like a cool guy. i made my senpai take me to see it 4 times.

holy shit, thats what senpai means? family?

I'm more critical of AVP, but generally this is /thread.

Freddy vs. Jason is pretty good. It's better than a late horror sequel could be expected to be.

Batman v. Superman is one of the most interesting mainstream films in years just for its sheer audacity.

We spent decades waiting for an Alien movie set on Earth in the present day and it was wasted on a pair of borderline-unwatchable Asylum-tier films.

I will never stop being mad.

I really don't know how execs didn't step in and do something about AVPR. Letting out a film that unbelievably terrible could have permanently tarnished two valuable IPs.
I think it pretty much did damn the Predator franchise to oblivion.
Alien only survived due to being a higher-quality series to begin with and following up the lowbrow AVP and AVPR with the at least quasi highbrow Prometheus and bringing back Ridley Scott.

Its crazy it hasn't become a meme in some way. Did no one see it?

My head canon has Alien & Blade Runner occurring in the same universe since both were directed by Ridley Scott.
I always wanted a BR vs Alien or more actually Tyrell Corp vs Weyland-Yutani showing what REALLY went on in the off-world colonies.
Promotheus sort of scratched the surface with Peter Weyland subbing for Eldon Tyrell(who want's more life).
But replicant hit squads running amok on a colony ship fighting xenos while debating why they are even doing this for the humans would be pretty cool.

when?

when?

Hell no it isn't. It's a bad Nightmare, a bad Friday, but a good crossover and the only "versus" flick that delivers on its promise as the last third or so of the movie is Freddy and Jason trying to kill each other.

No.