This is a Best Picture nominee

>This is a Best Picture nominee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVU4HURKEXs
youtube.com/watch?v=C_vRQv0cbao
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY&t=5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Still better than the Martian.

When was the last time a comedy was nominated for best picture?

S-shut up! Based Mel beating Hollywood at their own game by making a patriotic film about pacifism in ww2
Mel will save us all

What the fuck was Mel thinking

nothing wrong with that, its a jump scare pure and simple, could be straight out of mad max. Webm misses out on the build up and what follows, its fine

i'd take this schlock over the cock sucking they have over at lalame land. 14 nominations equal to Titanic, c'mon

>Sup Forums shows up and defends a shit movie because the director shit talked jews
I shit talk jews all the time but I don't expect medals for it
>inb4 bear jew "you get that for shit talking jews"

GIDF pls

Is it too much to ask for a war movie that's realistic?

>Webm misses out on the build up and what follows,

You mean this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeh sure, stuff that could be right out of mad max, you know where mel learnt from miller. Its pulpy and over the top at times but come on thats great to watch. also webm doesnt showcase the sound

youtube.com/watch?v=cVU4HURKEXs

This seems like a thing that really happened but was unbelievable in real life so it looks stupid in a movie.

this, read with the old breed, its fucking insane

Yeah no, the human torso isn't bulletproof in the slightest, and one hand hip firing a BAR while moving is nearly impossible.

were ww2 grenades really that weak?

And now I desperately need to see this kino

Real grenades don't make huge fiery explosions, they're designed to throw shrapnel and the blast is closer to a loud pop.

That being said it did make a huge fiery explosion lol

why would no one shoot them as they were clearly taking out the grenades

they actually had to tone down some of his heroics

at one point after this he gets off a stretcher for a more wounded man, gets shot in the arm, fashions a splint out of a rifle stock, and crawls 500 yards to the medical area

the scene that gets me is the hari kari scene

This happens fairly often. War is complete chaos, and anything can happen. You have to consider what an audience is willing to believe. Most movies tone it down, but Mel just didn't give a fuck.

>bullets go through bodies

>bullets don't go through bodies

I don't get the problem here at all
It surprised me at the cinema but I don't see this scene being a flaw at all. The buildup to it was immense and even the "jumpscare" was something you could picture happening.

it seems inconsistent, but crazy things happen in war and the reality was probably even more insane so we shouldn't criticise perceived logical gaps

Why hasn't anyone shaped Evans into this?

No, around 19 metres is the immediate blast area, you can get killed at 100 metres distance to the grenade by the shrapnel that blasts up in the air and strikes down very fast

There's no reason why those bullets would pierce flesh in one scene then stop piercing flesh in another scene.

stop talking shit about things you dont know ANYTHING about.

Go to youtube, search "Hacksaw Ridge Ambush"

t. same BAR expert guy who's posted in all the other Hacksaw Ridge threads since the screener released

This looks like a spoof. Was it meant to be a comedy?

There are multiple people on Sup Forums who held a BAR before and if you did, you would know just HOW fucking heavy that thing is.

not him btw but I also shot one.

no, because they're different bullets
only some bullets pierce flesh

7 kilos mate that's pretty heavy for one hand

Maybe they were in a different place getting shot by different guns that shoot different bullets :^)

yes

he looks like he shot more than 20 bullets

stop defending this just because mel directed it

this schlock is straight out of windtalkers

you are retarded what the fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=C_vRQv0cbao

kek

And which caliber would that be? In world war 2? Where the standard-bullet for all armies was a medium-sized cartridge because the world didn't yet understand the value of small bullets?

Please, nigga.

And no, it wasn't a HURR mp40 or a Type 100 SMG because you clearly saw tracers in the webm which indicates it was fire coming from a LMG.

type 100s were so incredibly rare too. only around 25k were made, probably with a more significant number going towards china than the pacific islands. 99.9% chance that any fire going on in these clips is rifle ammo, with the .01% MAYBE being an officer with his piece of shit nambu, likely missing everything anyway

you're fucking retarded. only smaller bullets left tracers because their smaller size meant they traveled faster. logically nothing should be piercing flesh in this movie.

Literally autistic.

idc that you're not a specific guy. Every fucking thread people post the same BAR thing.

Post something fucking original for once.

knows his shit

doesn´t know his shit.

pistol-caliber tracers weren't a thing in World War 2 you mongrel.

>La La Land, Hidden Figures, and Arrival are best picture nominees

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY&t=5s

>logically nothing should be piercing flesh in this movie.

Nigga, you just went full retard.
Every standard-service rifle of world war 2 penetrates up to 3 bodies, guaranteed.

Source: I own every standard service rifle of ww2

stop shilling your faggot channel all over Sup Forums you huge newfaggot

provide a source before you talk shit you fucking pseudointellectual /k/tard. of course pistol caliber tracers were prevalent in World War 2. you can't competently operate a sniper post without tracers showing you where to shoot, and you can't keep your head exposed long enough to fire a rifle round to preface every sniper shot you take.

typically it went
>blindfire pistol out of your foxhole 9-10 times
>quickly bring your sniper up and use the scope to see your tracers
>fire
>sit back down or get clocked in the head by an enemy mp40 with an extended clip
fucking retard

you got ripped off because it's a well known fact that WW2 era rifles didn't perform very well because they were often made from reclaimed utensil-metal.

Based Mel gives no fucks. He's going to make the damn movie he wants to make regardless what pussies like you think.

you can't spell hacksaw with hack

lololol and now explain to me why the fire in the webm SHOULD NOT PENETRATE A SINGLE BODY mister master physician

I hope you get banned from this board and your mother dies of herpes.

heres a (You)

have you ever liked a movie?

because it's a movie

do you seriously think every war flick you see is grounded in reality?

>>blindfire pistol out of your foxhole 9-10 times
>quickly bring your sniper up and use the scope to see your tracers
>fire
>sit back down or get clocked in the head by an enemy mp40 with an extended clip

Okay, so you blindfire your pistol which has a range of about 100 metres out of a foxhole (which a sniper doesn't utilize) to see the tracers of a gun that has about 1/9 of the range of your sniper rifle?

thx for proving you are retarded

>i've played all of the call of duty games therefore i'm an expert on ww2 weaponry
Sup Forums needs to leave this fucking board

It's the symptom of a pseud when ypu think something must be realistic or accurate to be good. I bet most of you cry in Amadeus for it "histurikal inacc*spits*uracies"

Most obvious samefag I have seen in a while. You are also severely autistic and probably dont leave your room very often. Your opinions, which is all you are spouting, are worth less than nothing and you should have been gassed at birth.

Like I've said, I own all ww2 service rifles and EVERYTHING you said is outright fantasy.
No sniper uses his pistol tracers to see where he is shooting at, as the ballistics of a pistol caliber are not even remotely comparable to the ballistics of his rifle.

You.
Are
Retarded.

Now that we're on crazy war movies, my dad told me about a war movie where a pitchers is drafted to throw grenades and a batter is drafted by the other side to counter him. Any ideas?

look at my photoshop skillz newfaggot

>i own shitty replica rifles that probably aren't even made out of reclaimed forks therefore i'm an expert
you wouldn't have lasted a day.

:^)

t. triggered DCuck/JIDF

>>i own shitty replica rifles that probably aren't even made out of reclaimed forks therefore i'm an expert

wat? replica?

You do realize that real guns have real stampings and markings and you can write the company who made them back in the day and they even identify them for you?

how old are you?

check out global rule 2

But that's how it is you retard. Not all guns or bullet types have the same penetration

Yes, but not in WW2 where the service rifles had medium cartridges and only officers had pistols and SMGs weren't even used by the japanese, except for a few thousand prototype type 100s and 800 paratrooper rifles

In WW2 metal production was decreased because of lower amounts of healthy young men to work in steel plants, so for rifle metal the rationing board would collect forks from american citizens in "victory bins", melt them down, and use this metal to make new guns. This means that no authentic WW2 rifles are stamped or marked. You clearly didn't live through world war 2.

>This means that no authentic WW2 rifles are stamped or marked.

Ok, wow, I'm outta here.
Guess the K98K my grandfather gave me isn't real, then.

Your grandfather gave you a fake.

I know.
pls no bully 4 fake nazi K98Ks
I just got the news.

>get btfo
>make some shit up that the gun he owns is fake
wew lad this board is depressing

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I CAN'T FUCKING BREATHE

ayyyy lmao

>typically it went
>>blindfire pistol out of your foxhole 9-10 times
>>quickly bring your sniper up and use the scope to see your tracers
>>fire
>>sit back down or get clocked in the head by an enemy mp40 with an extended clip

Why did you invent such a ridiculous story?

for laughs tbqf

Funny, but Hacksaw ridge is everything Private Ryan will never be, a good war film.

>Directed by Sam Raimi

I honestly don't really care if this happened irl, its just fucking ludicrous. I still enjoyed the film regardless.

I liked it. It's certainly better then hidden niggas.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

how the fuck did people think this was good?

>tfw when you can't even tell anymore

this works with the music and everything else it's just weird that doss shows up out of nowhere to kick the grenade away in slow motion
this is just stupid

Was that his movie.....pitch?

I'd say he hit a homerun

It reminds me of the book the things they carries specifically the chapter how to tell a true war story. It says how the most bizzare shit can happen such as a hearing a ball room party in the jungle every night and everyone swears to god that its true

What is so bad about it?

I enjoy these threads immensely.

Where's the one with Vince Vaughn being dragged on the blanket?

Fuck, I was nervously waiting for the Crypt Keeper or sometime to pop out of the ground the entire time.

Fuck man, why'd you remind me of this.

>Amerifats think this is a realistic depiction of actual war