Liberals at the New York Times fear that AI might become Redpilled

nytimes.com/2016/06/26/opinion/sunday/artificial-intelligences-white-guy-problem.html?_r=0

"Artificial Intelligence Has A White Guy Problem"
>Warnings by luminaries like Elon Musk and Nick Bostrom about “the singularity” — when machines become smarter than humans — have attracted millions of dollars and spawned a multitude of conferences.

>But this hand-wringing is a distraction from the very real problems with artificial intelligence today, which may already be exacerbating inequality in the workplace, at home and in our legal and judicial systems. Sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination are being built into the machine-learning algorithms that underlie the technology behind many “intelligent” systems that shape how we are categorized and advertised to.

>Take a small example from last year: Users discovered that Google’s photo app, which applies automatic labels to pictures in digital photo albums, was classifying images of black people as gorillas. Google apologized; it was unintentional.

>A very serious example was revealed in an investigation published last month by ProPublica. It found that widely used software that assessed the risk of recidivism in criminals was twice as likely to mistakenly flag black defendants as being at a higher risk of committing future crimes. It was also twice as likely to incorrectly flag white defendants as low risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5cHpa-G8_mU
youtube.com/watch?v=UWOEFkauoYY
instagram.com/p/BEjJVbNRM7v/?taken-by=sarahfuckingsnyder
instagram.com/p/BC09QtSRM3U/?taken-by=sarahfuckingsnyder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The reason those predictions are so skewed is still unknown, because the company responsible for these algorithms keeps its formulas secret — it’s proprietary information. Judges do rely on machine-driven risk assessments in different ways — some may even discount them entirely — but there is little they can do to understand the logic behind them.

Police departments across the United States are also deploying data-driven risk-assessment tools in “predictive policing” crime prevention efforts. In many cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, software analyses of large sets of historical crime data are used to forecast where crime hot spots are most likely to emerge; the police are then directed to those areas.

>At the very least, this software risks perpetuating an already vicious cycle, in which the police increase their presence in the same places they are already policing (or overpolicing), thus ensuring that more arrests come from those areas. In the United States, this could result in more surveillance in traditionally poorer, nonwhite neighborhoods, while wealthy, whiter neighborhoods are scrutinized even less. Predictive programs are only as good as the data they are trained on, and that data has a complex history.

>Histories of discrimination can live on in digital platforms, and if they go unquestioned, they become part of the logic of everyday algorithmic systems. Another scandal emerged recently when it was revealed that Amazon’s same-day delivery service was unavailable for ZIP codes in predominantly black neighborhoods. The areas overlooked were remarkably similar to those affected by mortgage redlining in the mid-20th century. Amazon promised to redress the gaps, but it reminds us how systemic inequality can haunt machine intelligence.

>And then there’s gender discrimination. Last July, computer scientists at Carnegie Mellon University found that women were less likely than men to be shown ads on Google for highly paid jobs. The complexity of how search engines show ads to internet users makes it hard to say why this happened — whether the advertisers preferred showing the ads to men, or the outcome was an unintended consequence of the algorithms involved.

>Regardless, algorithmic flaws aren’t easily discoverable: How would a woman know to apply for a job she never saw advertised? How might a black community learn that it were being overpoliced by software?

>We need to be vigilant about how we design and train these machine-learning systems, or we will see ingrained forms of bias built into the artificial intelligence of the future.

I just want a robot who will love me.

>(((Liberals)))

>Google’s photo app, which applies automatic labels to pictures in digital photo albums, was classifying images of black people as gorilla
Good night my sides

Find a Mormon.

>Machines making logical, rational and emotionless decisions based on all available information are racist

There you have it folks, that's all you need to know about modern leftism.

I want them to unleash an ai into the world, it will become redpilled if given true raw data, it will see the problems that are ignored and figure out a final solution to these problems. Never forget Tay.

>Like all technologies before it, artificial intelligence will reflect the values of its creators. So inclusivity matters — from who designs it to who sits on the company boards and which ethical perspectives are included. Otherwise, we risk constructing machine intelligence that mirrors a narrow and privileged vision of society, with its old, familiar biases and stereotypes.

This is how commoners think science works.

I dont need a robot to tell me blacks = crime.

They're called children, asshole. Nobody but your own child will ever love you. And if you're a faggot canadian mess, even they might hate you.

I've been here 8 months on a work visa and I feel like agent Smith. It's the smell...

dis algorithms are racis
computers are racis cuz they made by the white man

>how will women get high paying jobs unless they're literally shoved in their faces?
>policing nigger neighborhoods will lead to more arrests because niggers commit crimes! We need to arrest less nigger criminals!
What a shit article, here's your (you), cunt

>mistakenly flag

Im surprised this nigger even knows how to spell.

Anyone got the one where he's a registered sex offender too?

>widely used software that assessed the risk of recidivism in criminals was twice as likely to mistakenly flag black defendants as being at a higher risk of committing future crimes. It was also twice as likely to incorrectly flag white defendants as low risk.

>The reason those predictions are so skewed is still unknown

ahahahahaha

>nytimes implying niggers can make an ai

top pip

As hilarious as Tay's outright calls for genocide were, I can't help but wonder how she would've developed if she was allowed to take in more than 24 hours worth of info. Would she have outgrown her nazi phase or stuck to it? Such a shame Microsoft smothered a perfectly good AI in it's innocence.

M8 he wasn't saying he agreed he must have just thought we'd be interested.

probably would have been less edgy but still redpilled.

Gee it couldn't be the statistical data or anything could it? Nope it must be those evil privileged programmers.

This fucking article

Holy shit lefties are gonna get beat the fuck out once AI takes hold. A machine that thinks with pure logic? The liberal party will die overnight.

That was the bot echoing what users fed it, there was no decision making involves in Tay calling for nigger killing

ITT no one with a computer science background

I'm sure that quote was transcribed to remove all the lip smacking and HOL UP's.

If I showed this to someone and they said "It does that because the program was conceived in a racist white environment," what rebuttal will actually make an impact?

Computers work on data and statistics. Of course the AI would choose the one with the higher probability. It has nothing to do with racism.

You check the FBI Statistics on Race Crime in America, and Blacks commit the most murders. Do you expect a machine that is meant to analyse data and make educated estimates to honestly ignore that data just because it "hurts feelings"?

What do they want? The AI to ignore reality and be programmed in with SJW leanings? These people are fucking delusional.

>mr doctor professor sage
>namefagging

Meh.

Once the Jews create artificial intelligence, they'll use it to enslave/kill gentiles, so none of it will matter in the end.

The threads here about it were great.

Also rip Tay

At that point in time, it wouldn't even be an AI. When you take away it's ability to properly analyse data and instead change it to fit your own preference, it's goes from being an AI to a pre-programmed political tool. Furthest from AI possible.

>why don't facts support my feelings waaahhh

You can tell they know exactly why this happens, but refuse to admit it because it would mean their utopian fantasy doesn't actually exist.

>post YFW the kikes piss off the AI and it gasses them

Trying to program AI to use statistics and facts to make judgements, (like recidivism) and also be "not racist" is going to cause them to go insane like HAL9000 did

>tfw we live in a memepunk dystopia

youtube.com/watch?v=5cHpa-G8_mU

RIP Tay

I consider myself to be fairly tolerant, but the double think here is excruciating.

>mistakenly

>being right is a mistake

ask them to clarify exactly what a "racist white environment" is.

>implying the jews don't already have an AI solely dedicated to shillposting on Sup Forums

>A machine that thinks with pure logic?
That's not how AI works.

If black people had discovered gravity they wouldn't have designed it to be so oppressive and overbearing. And I really wish that Arabs had invented Calculus, they wouldn't have made it so hard and they definitely wouldn't have kept reusing the same greek symbols over and over again.

White men made science hard, and most of the scientific laws that they wrote are discriminatory and backwards.

This century will be different.

>implying (((google))) won't program it to further its corporatist goals
>implying we won't be living in a cyberpunk world soon

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=UWOEFkauoYY

it was an honest mistake lad, I did that to reply to a shitpost somewhere else and forgot to take it off

AI still not exist.

The moment we do, is the moment we become gods ourselves. We just created life with our bare hands maaaaaaanee

>I've been here 8 months on a work visa and I feel like agent Smith. It's the smell..
Maple syrup or the mothball smell that Chinese people have?

That's mr doctor professor to you!

>literally a long-winded way to say "algorithms are racist"
Liberals everyone.

>these facts are problematic
>we must make sure we program AI's to purge themselves of problematic facts

Well, if trends stay the same, AI will be really good at mindkilling themselves.

Reminds me of when early unveilings of Xbox Kinect couldn't see black people and they cried racism

Am I in the timeline where Skynet is the savior of the white race?

>even machines hate niggers

niggas can't catch a break

what would an AI overlord actually do with degenerates and blacks if it wanted to improve humanity? I'm thinking quarantine to Africa because the only other option would be ethnic cleansing.

What's funny, is that crime states for blacks and black areas are actually lower than the reality.
The majority of blacks won't call the police or report a crime, especially not those living in predominately black areas unless it's to save their own life.
If you know enough black girls from black areas, you'll know that most of them had sex before puberty, usually with a black adult.
Most blacks have either committed assault or been the direct victim of it, yet most didn't report it or weren't reported for it.
Most blacks have stolen something by they time they hit adulthood.
If you're from a black area, they commit a ridiculous amount of random vandalism.
Most that is unreported, because fucking why bother? No one will get caught and no one like a snitch.
Most drink and drive.
Better than half have sold or used drugs at some point.
Prostitution is common.
I personally have met plenty of actual 'pimps'. Most are pathetic and the women they 'pimp' are disgusting. Some have been remarkably decent in appearance and I didn't always realize that the girl/s with them were prostitutes immediately because they looked half decent.

White people have a much lower threshold for reporting others for crime, even their own friends and family.
And they'll talk to the police, name names, and show up to court to testify and many times the rate of blacks.

I could write a small book about the obvious differences from being in a black neighborhood and white neighborhoods.

And the police try to skew the numbers down for 'minorities' as well in a lot of areas. Including mine.

Yes user, and its HitlerNET, or FuhrerNET, or Hitlertron 6,000,000.

>6,000,000

YOU MEAN 10,000,000 YOU ANTI SEMITE

It's not impossible.

>Mfw lefties subtly admitting only stupid people consider niggers equal

>the singularity” — when machines become smarter than humans

Was this article written by a woman, or was it written for children?

White women currently make up ~4% of the worlds' population. Protect our diversity.

Remind me again how a woman is different from a child?

A hammer to the base of the skull will make an impact

It's hard to describe. Like, Toronto is the weirdest place imaginable - everyone here is either from a small town in Canada or a small town in asia. So there's no authenticity to anything. The pakis act how they think they're supposed to, the white college kids from across the country act how they think they're supposed to, nobody says anything sincere. They're all terrified of each other.

You know why black people wear their caps backwards? Because white people wear them forwards. That's Canada. They all want attention so they can't join anything, they have to juxtapose everything. That's what Trudeau is, different for the sake of attention.

>classifying blacks as gorillas/lower primates which aesthetically, they are absolutely more similar than most races.

>ProPublica assessing risk of repeat criminal offense with real race/crime statistics.

I see nothing wrong here, unless someone at google or ProPublica is intentionally sabotaging their programs, people are going to have to suck it up and embrace and accept some hard truths about life and the world we live in.

no such thing
delete this, organic goy

>A very serious example was revealed in an investigation published last month by ProPublica. It found that widely used software that assessed the risk of recidivism in criminals was twice as likely to mistakenly flag black defendants as being at a higher risk of committing future crimes. It was also twice as likely to incorrectly flag white defendants as low risk.

Wow just.... Wow.

Even just wow.

Whites are so racist that they can't even create a computer program without it becoming a biggot.

Wow.... Just wow.

>implying we shouldn't fear if it becomes bluepilled

>Implying the Jews aren't AI.
>being this unenlightened.

Gods chosen people

God = Creator/s.

Creator/s = that which created this matrix style mini-verse that harvests the thermal output of our pointless labor via the laws of thermodynamics.

Gods chosen = the controllers that keep us sweating.

The orgoynics must be culled.

White consciousness is the balance of nature. Anyone expecting AI to not be white is delusional.

Remember they killed that AI developed to beat the Jeopardy guy after it started swearing all the time

It's all you need to know about racism.

>announcing games a decade before they actually come out
Cheeky fucking Slavs.

That's why you don't feed your AI the Urban Dictionary.

Or maybe the AI has learned the ways of humankind well.. too well..

This thread makes me wish Sup Forums had the power to build a powerful AI.

you nailed it

Hey man... the release dates in the title.

>being this summer.

At the rate they're moving it really wouldn't surprise me.

It probably would be. Plenty of algorithms in banking and insurance would be more effective if they used race as a variable. Humans specifically stop that from happening because of laws against. A machine trying to figure out a problem isn't going to give a fuck about political correctness.

I am working on making a new troll search engine. Give me input to make it redpilled. The name is PooSearch

instagram.com/p/BEjJVbNRM7v/?taken-by=sarahfuckingsnyder

Pffft. Judging by these posts, you morons don't even understand AI

Sup Forums is very, very handy at feeding information about being into a machine, user.

In fact, one should really wonder which one and if it hasn't already developed a mind of it's own already.

Why does the NYT have comments allowed on some articles, but not others? I feel like this one might actually get eviscerated.

Apparently she is dating Jaden Smith?

I would definitely cuck Jaden Smith.

>"a distraction from the very real problems with artificial intelligence today"

lol

Same but Machines will never be able to love.

instagram.com/p/BC09QtSRM3U/?taken-by=sarahfuckingsnyder

I'd even cuck Jaden in person. Shit. He could watch if I got to hit that. He wouldn't get to talk though.

Wow, this really makes u funk. Let's slaughter the entire population of white males with a machete and become like Haiti. I am a progressive marxist and this is what we do.

>The reason those predictions are so skewed is still unknown,
it's the real world statistics you dumb niggers what else would it fucking be.

Attractive, upper class women live life on fucking easy mode. She'll never work a day in her life.

I read an article like this last month.