Is anybody hyped for the 3rd one? now that we seen the second

Is anybody hyped for the 3rd one? now that we seen the second.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W56p3AZEFPY
youtube.com/watch?v=1ogdhLOwP3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

No, couldn't possibly be less hyped. Fuck off, shill.

there was a second?

There was more then one?

Is this a ruse?

Apparently his new movie Split is in the same universe. I haven't read up on it so I don't know the connection but yeah.

Bruce Willis is tossed in at the end to make a shitty movie seem more interesting.

shit movies general?

Alright it's a pretty big spoiler for Split but here it goes:
At the end of the movie, after they show the title, there's a scene in a diner. There's TVs all around discussing how the main guy's still at large and that he's become known as "The Horde" thanks to his split personalities. Some woman comments "Y'know that reminds me of that one guy in a wheelchair they put away a while ago, what's his name?" Suddenly you hear Bruce Willis' voice say "Mr. Glass." and the camera zooms in on him. Cue audience flipping the fuck out.

>After Kevin Wendle Crumb (James McAvoy) makes his escape, the film moves to a bar, where a news broadcast recounts some of the events of the film. A man with multiple personalities kidnapped three young women and held them captive — and police have given him a name: The Horde. Someone in the bar remarks, didn't authorities have a nickname for that man in a wheelchair who caused trouble 15 years ago?

Pan to Bruce Willis' Unbreakable character, David Dunn, who says yeah, "Mr. Glass."

Yes, Split is set in the same world as 2000's Unbreakable, which starred Samuel L. Jackson as the villain. For years, fans have hounded Shyamalan about a potential sequel to Unbreakable, and here, he can finally speak publicly about it, revealing he hopes for a film that would feature characters from Unbreakable and Split in one movie.

Man that dialogue sounds shitty. What the fuck was M Night thinking?

So after all these years David Dunn's archnemesis is a generic 90's Batman villain? Sweet. Thanks M.

youtube.com/watch?v=W56p3AZEFPY

the autism "cue audience flipping out."
more like nobody fucking remembers unbreakable or Mr Glass. Hurr durr wasn't there another weird guy 15 years ago christ what awful dialogue. If shyamalan wanted to create some kind of universe it's way too fucking late.
It's kinda like TDKR in the sense that batman fought the joker and ras al ghoul and then retired for 8 years. Was no one else in the Unbreakable universe besides james mcavoy and mr glass? The fuck was willis doing for 15 years after learning he's invincible? Waiting tables?

It was pretty shitty but I feel like he was trying to do an Avengers-style sting and didn't know how to insert it in without it being hamfisted.

>more like nobody fucking remembers unbreakable or Mr Glass.
Yeah, this. My audience had zero reaction and every just kind of shuffled out confused.

The execution of the scene is dogshit anyway though so even if they remembered there wouldn't have been too much of a reaction.

Yes,I just saw split on sunday and it takes place in the same universe.

At the end of the film we see bruce willis sitting in a diner and he references "Mr Glass".

"Split" was a pretty damn good movie and definelty Shamalns best movie since "signs"

>The fuck was willis doing for 15 years after learning he's invincible? Waiting tables?

How about the exact same thing he was doing in the movie? He didn't lose his powers and he wasn't down on his luck in terms of money or anything. There's no reason he wouldn't just continue on.

Nope. That character was actually in a draft of unbreakable. You're just pissed he out tweested you.

>That character was actually in a draft of unbreakable.
And? Who gives a fuck?

Love how you nigs who never saw the movie talk about the diner part when the hint about it being unbreakable is before that.

Splitman is looking into a mirror realizing that he is near invulnerable. Laughing and smiling...suddenly the music from unbreakable kicks in. Then..nigga..you realize that not only were you watching a thriller/horror/exploitation film but you were actually viewing a super villian origin story. No one saw this coming...no one.

Then boom david dunn appears in a diner after a news report about the beast/horde.

My dick came

Says him. It's probably bullshit.

Ok nigga. Keep hating on shymalam like a good sheeple.

Huh? He's a shit director who hasn't made a good film in over a decade. I'd say the hate is more than justified.

Why do you have such shit taste? Who the fuck would get hyped over that horribly written, acted, and directed fan-fiction garbage?

For reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ogdhLOwP3s

Why is the dialogue so autistic? I'm still laughing at how the lady in the diner pulled that reference out of her ass. The two events seem very unrelated. Still, it's probably my favorite part of the movie because it's so goofy and out of left field.

>that woman is the blue dress

Shyamalan is dead. He died after Signs came out and Shamalamadingdong took over his body. Hasn't made a good movie since and he knows it which is why he hamfisted the connection in at the last minute most likely.

This. Connecting this movie to Unbreakable reeks of desperation.

i will admit, the dialogue was fucking awful in that scene, but fuck it got me hyped. well done

>Superhero resolves conflict with the supervillain by calling the cops on him and having him arrested
worst Shamalamadingdong ending yet

OH SHIT, IT'S A LEGIT SEQUEL??

Unbreakable is unironically one of the greatest capeshit movies of all time.

>mfw I was the only one to get it in the theatre

I think if M. Night really wanted to go deep he should have had Bruce in by the third act.

>Danny walks over the trash can
>He bumps into someone in a rain poncho
>Guy turns around, its David Dunn
>Fast forward to the cage scene where the girl is scared
>in the background the David in a poncho sneaks up and straight up chokes Dennis out.
>He swoops the girl away and leaves her outside
>Goes back to maybe kill Dennis, hes gone.

Thats if M. Night wanted the audience pissed, but the fans of his work to cum.

But what happened to his wife and son?

Signs