2nd place rankings

lets do math with many variables Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008_qualifying_Group_F
football-rankings.info/2017/09/fifa-ranking-october-2017-preview.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only results against teams not finishing last in the group counts and the last place team is determined in every group but group A(Belarus or Liechtenstein)

>math
imageboards can't even count to 10

it doesn't matter
we will lose to ukraine
bet everything you have, i know i will

Wales looks like losing out when factoring in that 4/9(FranceToSweden,PortugalToSwitzerland, ScotlandToSlovakia, BosniaToGreece) of the teams in pic related will probably change and 2/9(CroatiaToUkraine, WalesToIreland) could maybe change. imo only Denmark,N.Ireland and Italy are sure coming 2nd

you sure about that? 1..2..3..4..5.. ..6..7.. ..5(?)9 reeee

We'll place last and miss the playoffs.

Now watch as the buttmad Zlatan hater will call me out.

if we beat cyrpus we either need ireland to beat wales, scotland to draw or lose against slovenia or croatia to draw

>World cup at Eastern Europe for the first time ever.
>No eastern european qualified yet

you will end up with 13points when you win this evening and you face last lace Gibraltar in the last round so it will stay at 13 points in the 2nd place rankings, if Croatia and Wales draw they will have 12 points in the ranking, if Ukraine, Slovakia and Ireland overtake to 2nd place in their groups i have no idea how many points they will have in the 2nd place ranking. maybe one of them will have bellow 13p

I am expecting Croatia, Serbia and Poland. Am I deluded?

>most groups have 6 teams, a couple have 5
>discount points/games against the team finishing last
>then Gibraltar and Kosovo get added, every group has 6 teams
>Still going to discount the last placed team

Some real bullshit if that affects the final ranking

my bet would be that Wales or Croatia becomes worst 2nd on 12p which they will end up on in the 2nd place ranking if they draw. Slovakia will end up on 12p in the 2nd place rankings if they end up 2nd in the group(they win vs Malta, Scotland lose or draw) but got a decent goal difference

udated

please stop making fun of my culture

>updated
>teams played 9 matches out of ten
>this stuff shows only 7
Meme shit senpai

>tfw all of these teams could comfortably kick Italy out

Matches against the lowest-ranked team in each group are discounted. I don't know why.

it counts played vs the teams finishing last so 8 played is all played

anyways can someone redpill me the ranking for the playoff draw

Will the 8 teams be seeded for the play-offs draw?

Yeah. The 4 highest in FIFA rankings are seeded.

yes, but how its counted is the q im wondering about

>France

fucking lol

how many spots do these play-offs give?

thanks lad

>the absolute non-state of scotland

Read the tournament rules, retard.

There's not a uniform number of teams in all qualifying grops meaning some teams pkay less games over the qualifying tournament. This means you can't compare the groups based on points unless you shave the matches down somehow.

Slovakia winning Malta at home and Scotland drawing Slovenia away is the most possible scenario in my opinion
Ukraine - Croatia draw also seems fine to me but I honestly hope Croatia does not end up in the play offs because we 3/4 teams will be Swiss/Croatia/Italy which makes our chances to qualify literally 25%.

I think this thing needs to stay put.
In the last pot there is Gibraltar and teams like Georgia who is far more than just competitive than a pot 6 team. It would be unfair if 2nd placed teams could build up GD and take free 3 points against weak Gibraltar and Liechtenstein while someone has to play against Georgia

Except the rule was invented before Gibraltar and Kosovo were accepted and it was a retarded decision by FIFA not to change them then. I'm still right for the next cup, kys.

>There's not a uniform number of teams in all qualifying grops
There are now though. Every group has 6 teams.

The best 3rd place team should be added for an extra playoff game. UEFA is hardest by far to qualify from. More teams should be going

No, Serbia and Poland are nearly 100% in and many others stand a good chance still (Ukraine, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovakia).

read my post that makes some sense

What about seeding?

this

Scotland cant practically finish worst 2nd, draw or lose and theyre 3rd/4th in the group. Win and theyre at 14p in the ranking. This ranking is heard to read to say the least

Portugal, Italy, Croatia and NI would currently be seeded.

>another world cup qualifying loss to poortugal
no

how hard can it be to beat that fucking garbage team?

So we need Ukraine to win vs Croatia. Fuck sake. That or France dropping points. I guess drawing NI would be nice too, but that's a 1/4.

this implies Croatia winning away to Ukraine

the have ronaldo, the annihilator of andorra

If they win on Tuesday Switzerland take their spot as a seeded team, since they're only a few spots below Portugal in the ranking and the second highest ranked team that haven't booked their spot yet. That being said, considering they've got a winning streak of 9 games, haven't lost a competitive match in regular time in over 2 years, and just beat Hungary 5-2 with their B+ team, they're not exactly a preferable opponent.

Will Ukraine be in the top 4 in FIFA ranking?

>A team can win two games in qualifying total and qualify for the World Cup. Out of 12 games!

Nice 'sport' and 'qualifying' you got there.

>UEFA is hardest by far to qualify from

Sweden are above them. If Croatia fuck it up Sweden would be seeded.

>*kneels*

Northern Ireland would be tasty.

Name me one team that s going to the play offs with 2 wins only.

Murican't too dumb to read a thread

You know... except for CONMEBOL where at least one top 16 team is not going to qualify...

Wales according to that list in OP. But that doesn't count 6th place teams which traditionally are an easy 6 points for European powers. But we all know countries like USA, Mexico, Costa Rico would struggle against Europeans juggernauts like, Andora, San Marino, Gibraltar, Lichtenstein etc.

Only have to beat shitty memeway

For sweden to be seeded:
Switzerland/Portugal, Wales, N.Ireland, Italy, Slovakia and Croatia are the 6 possible 2nd place teams above us in seeding(fifa rankings) so 3 needs to go, either its 3 of these not making it to 2nd place in the groups(can only happen with Wales, Croatia and Slovakia, all need to happen) or its 2 of them not making it to be 2nd in the group + the 1 (of these 3) actually making it finish worst 2nd place team which his tbqh likely, Wales, Croatia and Slovakia are likely to be at 12p last in the 2nd place ranking.

>Sweden forgetting we won on aggregate in the last group when they had a far better team
Hope we get Scotland though

Best realistic case to hope for then is Ukraine winning over Croatia, Ireland winning over Wales away and Slovakia becoming the worst nr.2

a bit less likely but some chance is Scotland winning away to Slovenia, Ukraine winning over Croatia and Wales drawing becoming worst 2nd

Vad spelar seedningen för roll? Det viktiga är väl att inte bli värsta 2:an?

Om de lagen du räknar upp är bättre seedade så betyder det väl bara att de lottas mot de 4 sämre seedade lagen i playoffs? Jga hade gärna mött N. Irland, Wales, Slovakien i playoff.

Missa Italien och Portugal ep.2

>Welsh cunt acting the big shot

Shut your hole mate, I hope we draw YOU. We'll smash you up, you've had two dogshite qualifying groups in a row

I hope we recall Charlie Adam just to break Bales shin again

you are very fat

wales has four wins and could qualify if they get a fifth win next week (and if serbia fails to win), they're also undefeated. the table in the OP doesn't show wales's two other wins because they are excluded for the purposes of the playoff spot qualification tally.

Croatia and Serbia aren't eastern europeans

Låt oss hoppas på tur den här gången. Mot N. Irland, Wales och Slovakia har vi en god chans. Viss chans mot Kroatien. Minimal chans mot Italien eller Portugal.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????

You are using the cold war definition of "eastern europe".

Eastern Europe ends in Poland.

Croatia and Serbia are in the Balkans

Eastern Europe starts with Poland.. What is Ukraine, Russia, Belarus if not Eastern Europe?

Ends in Poland when we are in a Russian point of view, dumb dumb

we are southern europe

>yfw Wales, Scotland and Norn Iron all get through playoffs

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008_qualifying_Group_F

Northern Ireland soft cunt here

Possible outcomes according to data from football-rankings.info/2017/09/fifa-ranking-october-2017-preview.html

Points if L/D/W and FIFA ranking points if (L/D/W). O = out. Q = qualified / wins group.

Group A
Sweden 13/14/16 (872/914/999)

Group B
Switzerland 21/Q/Q (1134/1195/1317)
Portugal 18/19/Q (1344/1378/1446)

Group C
Northern Ireland 13/14/16 (889/924/994)

Group D
Serbia 12/13/Q (786/813/866)
Wales O/12/14 (1072/1131/1249)
Ireland O/O/11 (no data?)

Group E
Denmark 13/14/16 (958/1001/1089)

Group F
Scotland O/O/13 (776/821/910)
Slovakia O/O/12 (838/854/885)

Group G
Italy 14/15/17 (1014/1047/1114)

Group H
Greece 13/13/13 (635/651/682)

Group I
Croatia O/12/14 (914/929/961)
Ukraine O/O/14 (818/875/987)

Italy and Switzerland/Portugal will be seeded. If we assume that Wales doesn't lose to Ireland then they'll get seeded as well.

The fourth spot will then be between:

*Denmark gets seeded if they win against Romania or draws while Northern Ireland fails to beat Norway.

*Northern Ireland gets seeded if they beat Norway and Denmark loses to Romania.

*Croatia/Ukraine will only get seeded if they win in their meeting and Denmark loses, Northern Ireland doesn't win and Sweden doesn't win.

*Sweden gets seeded if they win against Netherlands and Denmark loses.

The most likely seeded teams will be Italy, Portugal/Switzerland, Wales and Denmark.

You, Greece, are. The Yugos and the Albanians are not, however.

big if tru

Actually its Portugal Wales Italy Croatia