NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%

>washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-nfl-now-least-liked-sport-core-fans-down-31/article/2636837

>NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%

>Over just one month of player, coach, and owner protests of the flag and National Anthem, the National Football League has gone from America's sport to the least liked of top professional and college sports, according to a new poll.

>From the end of August to the end of September, the favorable ratings for the NFL have dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent, and it has the highest unfavorable rating – 40 percent – of any big sport, according to the Winston Group survey provided exclusively to Secrets.

>Worse for football, which was already seeing lower TV ratings and empty stadium seats, the month of protests and complaints about them from President Trump drove core fans, men 34-54, away, the most significant indicator that NFL brass aren't in touch with their base.

>The Winston Poll from the Washington-based Winston Group found that the attitude of those fans went from an August rating of 73 percent favorable and 19 percent unfavorable to 42 percent favorable and 47 percent unfavorable, a remarkable turn against the sport.

>According to the poll analysis, "more critically for the NFL, the fall off in favorables occurred among important audiences. Among males, NFL favorables fell 23 percent, going from 68 percent to 45 percent. In looking at a more specific audience, males 34-54, NFL favorables fell 31 percent, going from 73 percent to 42 percent. Among this group the NFL has a surprising negative image, as it went from +54 percent in August to -5 percent in September."

If this continues it's going to be the biggest case of Brand Suicide in history.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/nfl-now-least-popular-sport-us-poll-shows-680168
thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/354365-poll-nfl-drops-as-favorite-us-sport
kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article177565326.html#storylink=FB_staff
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like the NFL but it would be funny to watch this sink.
It is too big to fail, though

I hope they keep protesting and fans negotiate a max price for tickets because they are bullshit

NFL is not a sport, it's a league. Imagine saying "Champions League least liked sport"

If we kill or deport all black people they will no longer be oppressed in the United States

the cardboard man has a point you know

kneeling nigger refball league

Americans are stupid, leave them be.

I don't care about kneeling, the real problems with the league are much bigger. The amount of ad breaks is ridiculous, especially around scoring plays. You have the TD, then an ad break, then they kick the extra point, then an ad break, then they kick off, then another ad break, and then finally you get to watch a few downs before the next ad break (unless of course there's a flag/injury/timeout). The refs are way too involved too, every time there's a big play you have to hold your breath for 5 minutes to make sure there's no retarded penalty that negates it, or it isn't reviewed and overturned despite there being no definitive evidence of it not being complete. By time all of that is done (along with the associated ad breaks) the excitement is gone and you don't feel like celebrating so much.

This is good. Now we just need MLS and soccer to take over and all the subhuman faggot nigger worshipping Cletus's from Sisterfuckingville, Kentucky can kill themselves when they see niggercrash die.

Loud mouth niggers gonna kneel their way out of a job. At least they got a free college education

People say that shit, but they're still watching the NFL. They're just virtue signalling faggots.

NFLFL when

Ratings are down across the board, and continuing to drop every week.

>lets be uncreative and just copy everything from eruope because we are too weak on our own.

*kills your sport*

Wtf I hate the nigger felon league now

I do get the impression that viewers are starting to notice just how much time is devoted to adverts - the game is basically designed to facilitate advertising. I wonder what it would take to make them take the financial hit and move to less intrusive adverts. American Football is lauded as being a very cerebral sport with plenty to analyse on almost every play and yet they forego the opportunity to do so until late in the game when ad quotas have been fulfilled. The British coverage actually jumps back the studio (albeit quite clunkily) for some analysis and even that is far better. For example, there are some clips of Romo quickly deciphering formations which really adds something to the commentary. I would much rather they try and involve the fans more in what is going on beyond the spectacular action instead of shoving another fucking truck commercial down my throat.

That said, I am still looking forward to watching the Lions beating the Panthers.

Damn, who would have expected making everything political could ruin people's enjoyment of your product?

> there are people who support Donald Trump
> these people are literally having an effect on the world

Please CIA, just pull the Trigger

>wants to convey kneeling
>posts a picture with no knee on the ground
>white man
dumb ass Brits ladies and gentlemen

>washingtonexaminer

Why couldn't the Las Vegas gunman have been in that room right before the picture was taken?

Are these people totally unaware of how cringeworthy they are?

it's like mainstream autism

>>NFL now least liked sport
pretty sure that's still bullfighting

Could you imagine if Trump died in office? That shit would be like 4 JFKs and a MLK at once.

>washington examiner

>yfw when the NFL becomes the new XFL

>the NFL will literally die after Tom Brady wins another owl

Why is this shit so popular in USA?

So, in other words, it's never gonna die because Brady will never win another SB you dumbass.

Hey Chink, mind your own business.

Thank you fucking niggers and liberals. This is the greatest gift you could have given me. Finally the most cuck sport that celebrates big nigger bulls is dying LMAO. At least whites don't pay their niggers in college football, but I hope that dies when we find a way to test for CTE while alive.

You mean the mickey mouse league with gay pride flags everywhere and numales? I'd agree if the people in power in America's soccer system weren't already a bunch of cucks. Bring on rugby desu.

Why is so popular? It doesn't make sense because it's so unpopular in the rest of the world. No one knows who Tom Brady is.

Not an argument. They didn't conduct the poll, they're reporting on it. Just because it didn't come from HuffPo doesn't mean it's not true, you bunch of pathetic faggots.

Of course not. They're sucking dick for better roles and they have people sucking their dicks for a better role. It's Hollywood.

>why is rugby popular in kangaroo and coconut islands?
>why is cricket popular in poo in loo slums?
>why is hockey popular in canada?
>why is baseball popular where it is (the strangest collection of nations out of all sports)?
Inertia, they were popular before, because of that the are popular now.
Collegiate Coon Crash is tolerable since there is usually at least one big game per week.
Professional Powder-burn Percussion is unwatchable when full game highlights take three minutes to watch.

This is what you can get over seas. In 2020 the US TV channel contracts end. If they brought this over to the US, would it help with the cord cutters?

Like Said it's a league

Personally I'm grateful my countrymen aren't mindless retards and LA proves that , the fanbases throughout prove that

When the protest are over and prices are back to $40 I'll probably go

The decline in fans has nothing to do with kneeling, everybody knows muricans only watch it because of le funny ads and it's a game of stopping every single time, so that means a lot of le funny ads

you're talking about the super bowl.

the commercials on regular game days tend to get really repetitive.

good get all these faggot fairweather fans out of my fucking sport.

should take them all out and shoot them in the heads the fucking pussies.

Fine.

The Winston Group's designation of "core fans" as being males aged 34-54 reeks of arbitrary specificity designed to massage the numbers and maximize results.

>muh favorability

I have an unfavorable view of men eating soy but that didn't stop me from dumping soy sauce on my ting fried rice just now

>muh favorability

I have an unfavorable view of LGBTs but still sometimes let them nut inside my stinky man-rectum

It's more due to the fact the product fucking sucks. The games are rarely entertaining, couple that with the political nonsense.

>muh favorability poll

I have an unfavorable view of McDonald's but still eat there once every 2 weeks

>muh favorability

I don't watch sports but that doesn't stop me from shitposting on Sup Forums just now

this

>muh favorability

I have an unfavorable view of Trump but will probably vote for him again

>Washington Examiner, a populist rag not unlike the UK's Daily Mail

>The Winston Group: The Winston Group is a Republican survey research...

Hmmm.

I'm not saying the protests have had some impact on ratings and fan interest, but it's been massively overstated.

OP is from Canada, who the fuck gives 2 shits?? However, it's fun too see the beer-gut, neck beard, mouth breathing, knuckle walking, inbred cock suckers blow a gasket about 'muh favorite past time (besides fucking sheep)'. Let the good times role.

lmao @ you thinking they're the only news source reporting it
newsweek.com/nfl-now-least-popular-sport-us-poll-shows-680168
thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/354365-poll-nfl-drops-as-favorite-us-sport

fuckng moron

They're citing the exact same thing

>OP is from Canada, who the fuck gives 2 shits??

We're people too!!

When did Sup Forums become reddit 2.0?

Says who??

Fake fans. All of them.

Anyone who would stop watching a sport that they love (if they even fall into that camp) because a washed up reality show star told them to is not a real fan. That's what happens when you put something as trivial as nationalistic pride ahead of your own personal interests.

I swear it's the funniest thing to see a cuck piece of shit pretend he's better because he likes watching a pussified sport that has just as many nogs simply because it isn't football

It's funny when people disagree with Trump just for the sake of disagreeing with him.

I remember when liberals loved the Patriots because they convinced themselves that hating them was for dumb conservatives. Then Brady, Belichick and Kraft revealed they were Trump supporters. If you look at a shithole like Deadspin you can see exactly when liberals did a 180 and it's hilarious.

face it, bud. your kind is dying out. may as well kys desu senpai

Trump's opinions are not and have never been worth taking seriously, at any point in his life. So I don't see any problem.

This.

And this mass exodus of fans due to player protests is being blown way out of proportion. The mid-00s/early 10s rating spike the NFL had was unsustainable as entertainment options diversify more than ever due to smartphones, the ubiquitous availability of high speed internet (making the access to streaming options of movies, tv shows, etc easier than ever before), and the fact you can follow your fantasy players from anywhere.

Sure, the protests and product have siphoned off a few ratings points, but nothing significant. The above factors played a larger role.

ICE didn't catch you yet, Paco?

At least he makes libshits cry, which is welcome after 8 years of all their shit under Obama.

Trump isn't a real conservative. No real conservative would let his son play soccer.

Trump is simply an entertainer playing to his key demographic, like Rush Limbaugh or Stephen Colbert.

>Yeah guys he's completely inept at being the most powerful man in the world but he's a le ebin trol so I like him xD

Yellow snow flake. Hah!

Not having politics shoved into my sports is in my personal interest retard.

I'd be willing to take the protestors seriously if any of them had an intelligent viewpoint. But every single one of them honestly believes that all blacks are saints and all white people are out to get them.

whites have been bending over backwards for niggers for decades, I think a lot of them are starting to get tired of the shit.

Why though? Nobody said or did anything wrong. You're not offended are you? That'd be embarrassing.

I can't imagine being this insecure about my own culture or race. What's it like being a total pussy?

They did do something wrong actually, they took my time and used it to promote their own agenda and then there's the retards like you who think no one is allowed to disagree with such behavior and resort to redirection because you know your argument is flimsy as fuck

There is no agenda, there's only reality. There isn't really anything to disagree with.

But hey, that's what happens when you allow an ideology to define the way you think instead of facts.

>every day I go to a hot dog stand and enjoy its hotdogs
>one day the dude suddenly puts mayo on my hotdog
>I didn't ask for it. I didn't want it. Hotdog is ruined
>Second day he does it again

Should I keep going back? Or should I find a new place to eat, you fucking cuck.

Again, it's sad that you allow a nothingburger of an issue that has literally nothing to do with the sport to affect the way you view it to the degree where you think this is an appropriate analogy.

Sports is escapism for most people. If you can't understand that - or why people are upset with the unnecessary injection of politics into the games - I don't know what to tell you.

You're resorting to double talk now and you haven't even addressed my point, still resorting to that redirection as if it will sell your argument when it just makes you look stupid.

I'm at the point where I only watch the iggles and then do whatever the rest of the day. It's been like that for a few years already so I can't blame it on the protests

That's because you have no point

lel fucking casual

There is an agenda, a desire for attention is the agenda.

There is plenty to disagree with if you feel that martyrdom of criminals is stupid

You keep talking about not letting ideology influence thinking when ironically your ideology is what's influencing yours, never mind that you seem to be incapable of understanding the reality that people aren't always going to agree with yoy

>Players should protest on their own time

>Durr that's not a point, u r stupid

a lot of people will want to blame Kaepernick for this mess, and he surely does shoulder some of the blame, but the primary culprit of this slow rolling disaster is this fucking faggot right here

the early games are the only games worth following. all the afternoon games are snoozefests or blowouts and SNF is just meh

>when ironically your ideology is what's influencing yours,
I don't have an ideology, I look at everything as objectively as possible. I live in the grey area, which is the only "side" worth being on.
>never mind that you seem to be incapable of understanding the reality that people aren't always going to agree with you
Well anyone who disagrees with me is wrong, so...

Considering that there's no reason to be offended by the protests and, by extension, no reason to care where or when they do it (they're all humans, after all), yes, your point is barely existant.

Watch CFL football (if you can find it)Britbong. The talent is sub par by NFL standards. The rules of play means all three phases of the game are crucial to victory and that makes for much greater entertainment. The way it plays would lend itself more to your liking.

There's plenty of reason to be offended if I don't want political posturing in my sports and status as a humans doesn't excuse your actions, the fact that you want to act as if you're the final authority of what someone should be able to do just makes you look even dumber.

I enjoy it when fans boo during the national anthem as if the as less disrespectful than bending the knee to the flag.

Everything is optics.

You are thinking rationally. Humans are not rational. The vast masses of people don't even know why the dudes are kneeling and get super fucking pissed.

You have to think differently about the MASSES of people to understand them. It's not that they hate black people either. They tune in to football and see the kneeling and then interpret it. Most people don't follow sports or media about it and just tune in on Sunday.

kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article177565326.html#storylink=FB_staff

It's fucking ridiculous we have these baboons squatting near us doing fuck all but crime.

Baseball is fucking back!
Glorious!

:^)

Good. I don't want the 20 to be worth 12

I'm black and thank God Jackson is staying on, fuck libcucks, they will be the death of this nation.