So...

So, is there any way a Protomen movie could be made without sacrificing the music or Hollywoodizing it beyond recognition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8pywyGywWg
youtu.be/TZsUAqaOiHU
youtube.com/watch?v=ElgWu34Xi2o
youtube.com/watch?v=wCIrPJ6SBl4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is act 3 ever coming out

They've released a couple tracks and it's confirmed Roll will be in there but I haven't heard any news on it in a while.

Wasn't Light Up the Night cringeworthy enough for you?

Wait what

How have I not heard of this

I'm fucking tired of 80s revivalism.

It's just revivalist for the sake of being revivalist (usually from people that are too boring to fabricate their own style) and as it is the 1980s were just a worse version of everything we have now.

It it's supposed to be genuine admiration for the 1980s then you're an idiot because that decade was horrible and if it's ironic revivalism then that wears thin really quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8pywyGywWg

I don't even see Protomen as an 80's revivalist thing, it's just a damn good rock opera that happens to feature vidya characters from the 80's. Seriously, give this shit a listen.
youtu.be/TZsUAqaOiHU

I guess Perturbator could be considered revivalist? It doesn't seem like he's trying to be le 80s though, I don't care though, I really like his stuff and the aesthetic of it but I can't stand those over the top shit tier things like Kung Fury or other stuff like that.

I don't know how I've never heard these guys before. Mega Man's always been my favorite game series.

They were pretty popular like 8 years ago when they were actually releasing shit and not just covering 80s songs.

holy boring

I told you it wasn't good.

What's with amateur filmmakers thinking a ten minute video needs five minutes of credits?

I want to like it but damn, it just doesn't hit for me.

Their Wily looks way too strong and powerful, just look at that fucking jawline. Light looks pretty great though.

Should have been more colorful and almost anime-esque. The album rides on big emotions and a filmed version should reflect that.

Also what was that shit about a robot beating a dude?

I'd much rather see it as a stage play.

I see what they were kinda getting at. They were aping(and failing at that, too) Streets of Fire's style, which is super evident in the bits with the band. It just felt too much like someone trying to do that than anything organic.

Sacrificing the music and Hollywoodizing it beyond recognition would honestly be the best thing that could happen.

It's going to be shit since their Doctor Wily quit the band to become a farmer.

It's going to be shit because it's The Protomen.

I haven't seen Streets Of Fire but I know that that's what the cover art for act 2 is referencing. Is it pretty good?

Also I still can't get over the idea of THAT nigga singing The Hounds. He doesn't have the fucking face for it. Way too 1984.

I would have loved to see a Jesse Eisenberg-type play Wily, just a clearly and blatantly psychotic genius somehow convincing everyone that he's what's best for their city.

Streets of Fire is so good. And I get what you're saying about their Wily, but my issue is just that he's simply not Wily at all to me. Wily should be like an evil Einstein, dammit.

Streets of Fire is what The Protomen try to do, only it's actually done well.

>Wily should be like an evil Einstein, dammit.
Fuckin' A.

With The Protomen's approach though I seriously think he should be like a theatrical weirdo, someone you can totally buy growing into an Einstein-type role instead of being there immediately. Not this Michael Fassbender lookin' ass nigga.

What this guy said
>youtube.com/watch?v=ElgWu34Xi2o
>youtube.com/watch?v=wCIrPJ6SBl4

>tfw the Protomen will never be at Act I levels ever again
That music video was one of the biggest train wrecks I've ever seen for a music video.

Well, Protomen was just a musical adaptation of the Megaman games. So, there a probably will be a movie at some point, but it won't be called "Protomen". It'll be called "Megaman".

Fuck me, that actually looks fun as hell. Has that The Warriors aesthetic and I can totally fucking dig that.

>Quality songwiting
>Quality musicianship
>Quality singing
>Quality production
>Quality mixing
>Quality acting performances

The Protomen are a preschool play compared to Streets of Fire.

It really does. There's this whole feel to it where everything's just different/fun enough to almost seem magical/fantastical.

Yeah, that heightened reality shit. I dig that, tried to write a script around that sort of thing once but really it just ended up being one fight scene.

I'll watch Streets Of Fire at some point. The subtitle "a Rock And Roll Fable" kinda feeds into my idea of America really needing Punk Filmmaking right now (see: Repo Man).