Now that the corn has grown...

Now that the corn has grown, how do you rate the ending to this film and the reality that water from Earth kills the Aliens?

Was it reasonable or do you think a better 3rd act could have made it better?

>aliens

You mean demons?

>aliens

>aliens

Everyone quotes Mel accidentally blessing all the water in his house as evidence for them being demons but that's doesn't explain how they were defeated literally everywhere else on earth.

>ALIENS

An ancient way to kill them was found in the middle east.

Daughter blesses water

Preacher finding his faith through realization of prophecy

They say that the secret to destroying the aliens has been found in three small cities in the Middle East, i.e. the birthplace of Christianity.

I always assumed the aliens didnt know water was so deadly to them. they just showed up and found out and were fucked. Its not like the recon aliens had any communications or ways to get back. In fact for a, invading alien force they were pretty archaic. They just showed up in groups of 2-5 with no weapons,vehicles or anything.

The only thing im mad out is the family made no attempt to defend themselves. They didnt buy any guns,supplies or have any plan other than putting ply wood on the windows and waiting it out

Its so clearly DEMONS though

Maybe it is Demons but why does water hurt Demons?

Because it's holy water.

t. simpletons that can't comprehend different layers in film. At face value, they're aliens. In the movie universe, they're aliens. Allegorically and subtextually, to us, they're demons.

I think it could have been a great film if not for a few really dumb, cringy decisions.

>In the movie universe, they're aliens

they really aren't though. they have no technology no weapons and no vehicles. it's never indicated they came from space or the sky, just that there is an impenetrable light in the sky at the time they appear. all the knowledge the family has about the "aliens" in the movie is from television or Morgan's book about conspiracies. In the book there is a picture of the family's house, which would have been impossible if it wasn't a Sign from God. the audience and the townspeople assume that the invaders are space aliens, because they have cultural knowledge about space aliens. there is no actual indication that they are.

> water is fatal to your race
> visit planet that's 70% water
> where water condenses in the atmosphere and falls from the skies
> planet is covered in lifeforms that are 70% water

what could possibly go wrong

>also lets not wear any personal protection equipment lets go butt naked lol :-)

>they really aren't though. they have no technology no weapons and no vehicles. it's never indicated they came from space or the sky, just that there is an impenetrable light in the sky at the time they appear. all the knowledge the family has about the "aliens" in the movie is from television or Morgan's book about conspiracies.
This doesn't mean anything, we don't have to know everything about something to understand what it is

>In the book there is a picture of the family's house, which would have been impossible if it wasn't a Sign from God
That's literally just a horror device to make us feel uneasy and give a sense of overwhelment, don't read into it because it doesn't fit with your narrative either

>the audience and the townspeople assume that the invaders are space aliens, because they have cultural knowledge about space aliens. there is no actual indication that they are.
Except from the fact that they are?

I don't know how they didn't instantly disentigrate as soon as they stepped into those humid as fuck farmbelts

So this movie is only considered good/scary in any way by christfags right?

Was there anything stopping people from just shooting them? Mel even cuts one's fingers off with a knife so they are clearly vulnerable to physical trauma

Why didn;t Mel own a gun? He could have just blasted them in the face as they came through the door

Its not like they had weapons of their own, they couldnt even break down wooden doors themselves.

why though? what makes them aliens?
they aren't weak to water. Mel's daughter had consecrated the glasses of water she leaves around the house
Yeah they aren't really implied to be invincible or anything, they don't really give much information as to how other people fought them. It kind of makes sense for Mel to not have a gun in the house because he was a reverend. The reason they can't pass through doors is because old testament demons couldn't either

>why though? what makes them aliens?
The fact that it's an alien movie. They look like the alien stereotypes. They came from the sky in spaceships. They are reffered to as aliens by the news. Why are you being so obtuse? They're clearly aliens that represent demons

Taking over this thread

It's a movie about a lost preacher finding his faith again, of course they are demons

DUH DUH ENDING

One of my favorite M. Night films, I dont get why people get so flustered about the water, it seems interesting.

Probably one of the most grounded alien movies too. I liked the third act too, pretty creepy, emotional and the 'swing away" was a cool tie in.

The news castor at the end says

"We know the battle turned around in the Middle East. Three small cities there found a primitive method to defeat them. We have no further details at this time."

Birth place of Christianity found the way, there would be no reason to randomly choose this place to mention for any other reason.

They were rounding up humans and taking them, so they clearly had a purpose for them.

If you need humans for some vital reason, you're going to have to go to the only planet that has them, regardless of the risk.

This guy right here explains it

>tfw the dog bark jump scare gets me everytime
Fuck the aliens

>spaceships
Where did you see these?