Oscars - HAHAHAHAHAHA

>giving a fuck about the Academy Awards, since 1977
>Rocky beating Network, All the President's Men, Bound For Glory and Taxi Driver to win Best Picture of 1976

What a hilarious joke. And to think, you cunts STILL watch this shambles.

Rocky is the best one of those films by far. Just because something is accessible doesn't mean it's bad, you'll understand that once you grow up a bit.

Taxi driver is just as accessible and is more nuanced. Fuck you

Get the fuck out of my thread, you cunt troll.

Are you seriously suggesting Network and Taxi Driver were better than Rocky?

Network, Taxi Driver AND All the President's Men. All THREE were better. Now fuck off, cunt.

Rocky is great though.

kek, this triggered idiot. Sorry about your shit taste.

Taxi Driver was decent, but Network fucking sucked. I turned it off when they started spending too much time on that pointless romance.

Just because something is more nuanced doesn't make it better. Simple, classic tales are powerful for a reason, and Rocky is one of the greatest ever made.

GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!

He is right. Rocky was original at the time and masterfully written. It spawned an entire new genre. Taxi driver was really the only competition but still I would give to Rocky because its a triumph for the human spirit

That's a tough fucking year. Network should have won, doesn't mean Rocky isn't a great movie.

Rocky was the best of the bunch though.

>tfw all the bad shit in Network actually happened and is happening

Couldn't that be why network didn't win though? Because back then it was seen more as a satire movie, the reason why it's so highly praised now is because it came true, but back in the 70's audiences and voters would have no way of knowing that.

Taxi Driver is for faggot edge cucks, kys

That's some fierce competition, to be honest.
I'd give it to Taxi Driver but Rocky isn't an unreasonable pick

Actual pants on head retarded Oscar snubs: The Artist over The Tree of Life
And 2001 didn't even get a nomination kek

Bound for Glory > Rocky as well.

>2001

It deserved no nominations because it is a shitty boring movie

what the fuck am I supposed to do, download all the winners at cannes?

fuck that

Back to call of duty kiddo

hes right tho 2001 is boring as fuck and hard to sit through

the atmosphere is great but the pacing is nails on chalkboard tier

cannes, venice and berlin

I dont like Taxi Driver. Its boring. Travis is a shit character. Zero emotional depth. Jodie Foster was the only good part.

After 2005 I couldn't take the Oscars even remotely seriously anymore. Fuck Crash.

Rocky is fantastic its the movie my dad lived his life by Rocky is basically my dad

>giving a fuck

Look, if you are still unable to discern what you like and what you don't without reviewers, recommendations, or awards, you're done. It's over. You're hopeless, and forever a slave to having your opinion given to you by others.

Rocky is the best one of those films by far. Just because something is accessible doesn't mean it's bad, you'll understand that once you grow up a bit

>2017
>People still act as if the Oscars is a genuine mark of quality

W E W laddy.

I cry every time I hear >Adrieeeeeennnneeee

Micky's acting (Tom or Paul Burton was it) was perfect.

Apollo Creed was a great anti-hero that you could both admire and sort of hate.

Philly like the movie had a perfect combination of Shitty and comfy.

Also, unlike any of the other movies, Rocky sticks the landing. Perfect ending.

Network is overrated.

Rocky was the right choice you turbo contrarian.

But Rocky deserved it's win.
Taxi Driver was good too and Network's speech was nomination worthy alone.

I agree, unironically caring about the Oscars is the sign of a pleb.

If I live in Detroid and I leave my car in a drug run alley and I leave it there for 3 weeks, stolen, I can rest easy knowing there's nothing I could have done to change that outcome! If I drunkenly stumble into a classmate's houseparty with a couple 20s peaking out my front pocket and a couple of 50s peaking out my back, and someone jacks that money from me, guess what? 0 percent my responsibility!