ITT: Movie scenes that got you severely spooked

Goddammit M. Night Shyamalan, I was not at all ready to see this thing all of a sudden charge at her

ahahaha what the fuck that looks so fucking stupid

It's more spookier with sound

>Those Dog barking sounds

>Eventually the secret of Those, etc., is revealed. To call it an anticlimax would be an insult not only to climaxes but to prefixes. It's a crummy secret, about one step up the ladder of narrative originality from It Was All a Dream. It's so witless, in fact, that when we do discover the secret, we want to rewind the film so we don't know the secret anymore.
>And then keep on rewinding, and rewinding, until we're back at the beginning, and can get up from our seats and walk backward out of the theater and go down the up escalator and watch the money spring from the cash register into our pockets.

Based Ebert's takedown of this dogshit movie was hilarious. Definitely worth the read.

Are you joking? That looks like something from either a shit ass B-movie or some youtube parody video.

Fuck Ebert. The Village is kino.

I watched this movie knowing the plot twist and enjoyed it

>It looks like a shit costume!
>It turns out to be a shit costume a villager is wearing

Wooooow

This. It has one of my favorite romantic couples in film.

The film is a patrician's work

This scene was spooky

It's more than just the shit costume, m8. Everything about that scene looks goofy. But it's more the fact that OP said it got him "severely spooked."

I wouldn't say kino, but I seriously do not understand the ass pain people had over the twist.

It seems that people just wanted to attack the growingly expected "Shayamalan twist" formula and would have complained no matter what. Had sixth sense been his 4th movie they probably would have treated it just as bad as The Villate

>He was dead? Fuck off, what a cheap cop out.

remember that time when the retarded guy stabbed someone and dressed up in the monster costume to scare people with no other real motivation other than being retarded?

he was a good friend.

>with no other real motivation other than being retarded?

It was a village leadership ploy to keep the Villagers scared of leaving their little community and finding out the secret of the outside world.

Did you even watch the movie?

I guess he didn't.

Literally a great film story that deserves more appreciation

>that based cop who helps her out at the end

>Did you even watch the movie?
did you? he only wore it at the end after they locked him up, the rest of the times it had been the elders themselves wearing the costume. there is zero indication they put him up to it and it wouldn't make any sense anyways.

This. The village is effectively spoopy despite the twist and has great atmosphere.

THE VILLAGE RIPPED OFF THE BOOK "RUNNING OUT OF TIME"

M NIGHT IS A HACK AT LEAST FOR THIS MOVIE

Old copypasta:

Not only are both twists awful, but they're both predictable.

You're sitting there watching this movie, and you're pretty sure you know what is going to happen, but you're hoping you're wrong. Then it happens, and you can't even feel the satisfaction of figuring out ahead of time, because it's such a tremendous let down. You knew it was going to happen and it STILL bummed you the fuck out.

I have to hand it to M Night Shammydoos. It's almost genius in how bad it is. Seriously. I can't think of another movie that manages take a perfectly good concept, all but tell you it's going to fuck it up, then fuck it up, and not even let you have the satisfaction of knowing it was going to fuck it up.

The Village is two hours of that feeling you have when you wake up on a weekday twelve minutes before your alarm is going to go off.

never saw this what was the twist spoiler it for me

This movie was trash and I can't believe they kept letting M Night make movies after this.

The Village is great up until the obvious twist is revealed. M. Night really couldn't come up with something better?

The haters didn't even get the movie.

SPOILER ALERT
The whole time you think it takes place in the past but really it doesn't

i bet they regret not shooting this in the dark

M. Night has always stolen his best ideas.

Literally the entire plot to Sixth Sense was ripped from an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark.

>I am a youngster and didn't watch The Village during its release or subsequent years
vacate to reddit

Everyone could guess the plot twist just from seeing the trailer. The movie still had some great atmosphere and suspense.

It was a metaphor for W. Bush lying to his citizens in order to go kill Islamists. What did Shitbert say about Nolan's right-wing-y message in TDK? He gave it a positive review. And yet they're the same moral plot. The Elders were what the village deserves, but not the one it needed right now.

>i bet they regret not shooting this in the dark
nope it worked very well in the sunlight.

Remember: the main character is blind so she can't tell night from day

>The movie still had some great atmosphere and suspense.
I think people are too afraid to call this movie a "Gothic Romance" when it technically is and isn't so much of a horror movie as the trailers led us to believe.

To me the movie is perfect with how it is.
>A blind girl only wanting to live for the man she loves and will do anything to save his life
Also that shot when he grabs her hand and they run slow motion into the house is "KINO" with the emotional music

having them be people in costumes was just unsatisfying, thats all. the rest of the movie was good

>having them be people in costumes was just unsatisfying
No that was perfect. This movie is like symbolic of adults lying to their children about Santa being real etc

Only massive plebs didn't like this

THIS is how cinema is done

>David Cronenberg on M. Night Shyamalan: “I HATE that guy! Next question.”
is there a more based horror director??

I liked the film, but that paragraph was funny. Now I like both.

How come there hardly is any fan art of this movie online?

I'd think someone would make some anime drawings of the couple or something

>is there a more based horror director??
no there is not

Im so glad that the most famous critic of recent memory died of jaw cancer. Talk about irony.

Parasites, the lot of them.