I watched this when I was really young

I watched this when I was really young.
I shouldn't have, because it fucked my head up at night.

The first and second ones.

What movies did you watch at a young age that you shouldn't have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-U15x0MdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

arachnaphobia when i was 3 means arachnaphobia for life

Here's another one.

I don't know why I had nightmares from this one.

I was about 6 at the time. Maybe it was the idea of unnatural structures and their eerieness.

Or maybe I was retarded.
Maybe I was retarded.

Could you even remember that? When do children develop memory?

I remember a movie about giant mosquitoes, I can't remember it though.

after years of severe arachnaphobia living in australia even the tiniest fucker freaked me out big time i think i was 17 or 18 at the time then it came onto tv and my mom casually said "oh yeah you watched that as a kid and cried the whole time haha" and I had all these flashbacks and realized how insane it is to be scared of spiders. I still hate them with a passion but at least i can kill thwm now

That shit is no joke down there.
Those motherfuckers have health bars over there.

>And they start with blue

yes, years of suffering man I fucking hate spiders

I watched Robocop when I was seven. That opening scene made me feel uncomfortable in ways I couldn't articulate at the time.

I watched blood diner when i was around 9 and it gave me nightmares in a big way. Its not even scary or good, it just fucked me up.

Shit man, look at shit doesn't even have to be scary to mess your head up.

That man got blown away. I remember that clearly; it was scary to me, but definitely memorable.

Pooh's Grand Adventure has this constant, oppressive feeling of fear that makes it a better horror movie than most horror movies

I watched it when I was about the same age but I found it funny

I was sitting there with my friends laughing at it, but inside it made me squirm. I've had the same feeling later on, when watching 3guys1hammer. Only those two things though, and I am completely fine when watching Robocop now.

Freddy Kruger movies, the Thing, all sorts of 80's horror movies because my aunt was 16 when she was babysitting me and liked to watch this kind of shit with her friends.

Fucked me up enough to be a regular on this site but it did spoil my tastes for future horror movies.

pic relate also
dosent help that my dad had terrible experience when i was 13 having his tooth removed and the dump bitch put some medicine from which the wound was non stop bleeding for hours he was sitting in the bed spiting blood in old jar i had to go with him at 2 after midnight to the emergency because he was feeling super weak and afraid he may crash we moved super slow the dentist there fixed him and told us to sue the whore

now im a grown ass man and because of this movie and the dad story when i go to dentist i have to have family member or gf with me and have to take some anxiety pills prior shit really fucked me up no joke

Austin Powers introduced me to the concept of sex amongst many other things.

The first horror movie I saw was The Others when I was 9 years old and it fucked me good. I was afraid of the dark for a solid 6 months.

For some reason a snippet from The Simpsons also really bothered me when I was around 7 or 8. I wasn't allowed the watch the show and saw it playing at a friends house. Basically a cat was shoved through the digestive system of a cow and then eaten by a mouse.

Other than that, I was fairly sheltered.

Small, seemingly normal things can really fuck people.

Parents had this on VHS and would put it on all the time since it was a cartoon. Fuck me.

Jumanji?

Apparently my parents brought me to Fantasia when I was like 3 and I lost my shit and they had to haul me out. I have a vague memory of dancing elephants and terror.

Two that defined my childhood in a bad way, both when I was around five or six.

The first was Alien, and I lived in constant fear that a xenomorph would burst out of my chest at any time.

The other was that terrible sequel to The Howling where the werewolves are Australian. It also made me believe women had marsupial pouches for the longest time

the people hanging from bondage harnesses in Sogo... jesus, i was 7 years old when they showed this on local television.

i'm pretty sure showing that to children is against the Geneva Convention.

gibe saux plox

Fantatic Planet. I still have the tape.

> fantastic planet
> french science fiction
> fucks you up

> barbarella
> based on a french science fiction comic
> fucks you up

maybe they're on to something.

scared to death of big guys
can't ever got on a plane ever again
thank you, Nolan

I watched The Fly at 6. Never been more terrified in my life, had sleeping problems ever since.

anyone who would let their six-year-old watch a god damned Cronenberg film should be reported to community services.

You know, my dad once did an experiment or whatever when I was five. He let me watch two horror movies, one old black and white one and one new Stephen king one, just to see which one actually scared me. Stephen King didn't bother me at all, but the black and white one was terrifying. I wonder what that one was. All I remember is a witch was locked in a basement and got out obviously and was spooky.

I was only 6 and the older kids in my neighborhood made me watch this movie, it seems, it seems silly now but I was scarred for years
youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-U15x0MdU

It wasn't exactly like I was allowed to.

report yourself to community services!

what was the movie where spiders would lay eggs inside people and they would hatch from people's heads?

This mother fucker ruined me.
And this is a KIDS movie. Well....family movie.
I could watch horror movies and be fine.

I watched the Tales from the crypt episode where that diner guy kills and cooks people. I still remember that mutilated fat guy in the freezer, I thought it was pretty cool though, I was 10 at the time so I could tell movies and TV were not real.

I got nightmares from things like Child's Play, Stephen Kings It and the portrayal of The Joker by Jack Nicholson. Still hate clowns to this day.

The part where Joker burns that guy alive with his ring and leaves his smoldering corpse in the chair fucked me up. Thanks for reminding me user.

>Antoine got a little hot under the collar.
>HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH

I remember Fantastic Planet. I thought it was absolutely fucking terrifying.
I would have been permanently afraid of the Gmork if it stayed still. Perhaps I was fortunate it made such a hilariously awkward and unconvincing lunge at young Atreyu.

The exorcism of emily rose.

For a kid boring(the court parts) but also scary as hell. After that movie i was so afraid for the so called witch/demon hour 3am for a while.

Well it WAS a giant puppet fired by a CO2 canister.

y'know, I've thought many times people who say they're scared of clowns are full of shit but they can't all be lying, some of you must be telling the truth about it

It might've been this same Pooh film that made me anxious as fuck. The cave part and Pooh getting stuck in the crystals without anyone being able to help or hear him, and the general feeling of being lost in a cave was terrifying.

I also had nightmares about the Labyrinth, being all alone in the maze with the goblins chasing me with murderous intent.

Jesus
Wept

The Ring when I was 9 or so, at a friend pijama's party. It was the idea of his stupid mom. Couldn't sleep well for years.

I wasn't exactly a kid when I watched this, but it's the only horror film to have a long lasting effect on me.

I would hear the breathing in and out of a dude wearing a gas mask, when I tried to go to sleep at night. This happened every night for like a month.

Watched it when I was 7 or 8. Haven't been able to watch zombie films since.

>What movies did you watch at a young age that you shouldn't have?
Exorcist. I snuck out of bed and was hiding behind the couch while parents were watching this.
I just remember losing my shit at the barf scene.
But my parents didn't shelter me much, i watched all kinds of movies inappropriate for my age and the most my mom would just tell me to cover my eyes... The scene in robocop where the dude gets melted by acid terrified me from the sounds alone.

user just think about the creepy weirdo that chooses to be a clown irl.

Pussy millenial fuck

Child's Play. I used to never be afraid at all of the movies until my friend put a doll on my face while I was asleep, after we'd watched Chucky. I remember those eyes when I woke up, still can't watch Chucky.

Yeah, I watched fucking Hellraiser when I was 7 and it horrified me.

Others:
>Willard
>It

A Nightmare on Elm Street especially freaked me the fuck out. Where I live in Canada, there were a lot of pedophiles and kids getting abducted when I saw that. Walking home from school was the scariest shit because I was afraid of being kidnapped/raped/killed.

That fucking tape in The Ring.

I feared more the portal lazors in that movie. But I have tons of friends scared shitless by that wolf.

>cheeses swept

what did he mean by this? was he stuck in his own personal hell where he has to sweep up cheese only for it to reappear every time?

Horror.

And look at the way he's stuck, there's no way he would get free. Makes me think of

Jaws

I can't remember anything

faces of death.

Pooh got out. What about this guy?

Awh thats kinda cute user, I adore that movie.
The dude that ended up like that in robocop was way more disturbing imo

My mom still can't watch Jaws specifically. For my aunt it was ET. For me.... The Thing. Which is a fuckin shame because I love his films. Fuck that stomach scene.

Is because they did not send enough paramedics.

I know Pooh did because its a childrens cartoon, but the prospect of ending up like that irl is .

When The Strangers came out I was 10 and the trailer fucked up so bad. For months I was scared shitless and the trailers and posters would be everywhere. I remember walking through a train station and the poster was on a board and I felt like crying

Cannibal Holocaust and August Underground's Mordum on Google Video in middle school. Also Faces of Death on VHS in elementary.

I still get sad whenever I hear If We Hold On Together.