The Neon Demon is the single greatest pleb filter of our decade

The Neon Demon is the single greatest pleb filter of our decade.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

tasteofcinema.com/2016/7-reasons-why-the-neon-demon-is-a-great-cinematic-accomplishment/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree, however it is the ones who praise it who are the plebs.

I was disappointed on how dialouge-heavy this movie was. After Drive and OGF I was expecting another visual-heavy kino. Still liked it tho

The word you were looking for is 'magnet', not 'filter'. I agree otherwise.

>implying this 5min sequence with no dialogue wasn't kino

>5min

You're right. I'm completely wrong. This movie is practically dialouge-free

but yeah, it was great

this slow blinking whore bored the fuck out of me

I was so disappointed at this movie I left the theater without applause

no peewee herman theater hijinks either

and what was with the moon/blood out of vagina scene

made no sense, night wasted 7.2/10

I only see or here this talked about on Sup Forums

this, it's too misogynistic for us smart sjws

How many Godard, Rivette, Cassavetes & Akerman films have you watched OP?

I bet you think that Enemy is an underrated film.
KYS

there was nothing visually impressive about the film and the screenplay was terrible fyi

How many Snyder, Nolan & Footfetishmongoloid kinos have you watched user?

>Goddard
I bet you think that Godard is an actual filmmaker.
KYS, you don't belong on this board

I bet YOU enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

>meme shitposter thinks Neon Demon is a good movie
ah makes sense. back you go

That Kick-Ass girl is morphing into a fish.

>"How many X films have you seen?"
>X=filmmaker poster likes
>"I bet you enjoyed Y."
>Y=filmmaker poster doesn't like

This is not a criticism. It's even more of a meme than what the other poster said.

Do you have any actual criticism of the films or are you just going to try and feed your superiority complex?

ahaahaha the commie eurofarts I sniff are more repulsive than the american counterparts, therefore I'm more of a connoisseur.

this.

>mommy i told them exactly what you told me to say next time they started talking in that faggoty brain language again mommy

fannings with chokers is ultra boner material

>any criticism of the neon demon?
I'll be fair, if you like it then whatever. I hated it, made me think nwr became so indulgent of his own style he decided to metaphorically wank himself off. All the bad parts of OGF amplified with the only good thing being the way the film looks.

>t. tranny with 5000 shitkinos logged on letterboxd that watches 3 feminist commie films a day

this was actually one of the only interesting parts of the movie.

What did this scene mean? Were the multiple Jesses supposed to imply the coming of age?

There was heavy emphasis symbolism in The Neon Demon, which I believe is one of the most attractive aspects of this film – and also a reason I and others had to see it more than once.
The moon, eyes, predatory cats, triangles, binding, strobe lighting, the number three and other symbols could be considered code for characters and/or were often foreshadowing of future events in the film. When combined with colors (also "symbols" of sorts) the story starts to unfold in layers.

As for your specific questions:
a) Ruby was the head of a three pronged (triangular) coven. She is an Elizabeth Bathory-type character. There are many references to witchcraft, ranging from this example to the significance of the moon (another topic that has several layers).

b) Although I can't comment on the specific tattoos, there were circles, symbolizing the envelopment of Jesse via the contrast of black and pink. This theme played out twice during the Neon Demon:
**Pink had earlier been used in dirtier (or a more salmony) pink on the motel walls – noting the clashing of Jesse’s naivete and the grittiness of her environment. When she witnessed the horrific occurrence in the next room, the pink area became encircled by a much darker force... BLACK, and shrunk down as her innocence was disappearing.
**Note that black was used again encircling Ruby’s (pink) nipples in the bath and the garden scene (evil surrounding youth/beauty/virginity)

1. The demonic RED is appropriately the dominant color. I think that Ruby (noting the name) had some article of red clothing in every scene until she was literally bathing in it; this was then followed by black, then pink/green. Flashing red lights during the stage demonstration as ‘Demon Dance’ was playing may have represented a warning, and Jesse saw herself in the red triangles during the pivotal and hypnotic runway scene.
2. BLUE represents narcissism from Narcissus, Caravaggio's classic Greek mythology painting. We see significant shifting between blue and red in phases many times throughout. I think the most poignant (and beautiful) use of blue was in the final scene. Sarah, previously seen as "beige" and rejected in the test scene (see the below beige reference), had just “eaten the competition.” She tried to hide her confidence as Jack asked for her to replace the other model in the poolside (also blue) shoot. It was at this time her eyes were incredibly blue, accentuated by a blue curtain in the background. As Gigi became sick, she entered a blue-tinted area, vomited the eyeball (the iris of which was blue), which was consumed by Sarah.
3. WHITE was the dominant color in the early and brief scene in which Jesse is walking in the corridor of Roberta Hoffman’s modeling agency. She was still pure at that time, only to subsequently relinquish to conformity (albeit temporarily)…..

4. BEIGE: the non-descript color of ‘undifferentiation’ was used as the mannequin-like models awaited their opportunity to separate themselves from the others in front of the judges.
5. GOLD, associated in both Eastern and Western culture with perfection, is the paint color that Jack chose after gazing at Jesse. It was at this point that Jesse was starting to buy into the hype about her beauty.
6. GREEN is a color of serenity, used heavily for the first time with Ruby in the garden, likely representing the first time that she is at peace. [Note also that Ruby's prone position on the grave was consistent with Jesse's life force (4th Chakra in the Hindu religion, with dominant colors of green and the below pink)]. There previously were hints of green in the pink flowers given to Jesse by Dean - noting that she had discarded them earlier in casual act of hubris.

She falls in love with herself, just like narcissus. She sees the supernatural nature of her beauty. The neon demon awakens.

refn's colorblind. Stop this copypasta.

Refn is colorblind which is why he always uses colors that contrasts each other in shots. This doesn't mean that he doesn't know what color is, you idiot.

tasteofcinema.com/2016/7-reasons-why-the-neon-demon-is-a-great-cinematic-accomplishment/

>red
>blue
>white
>gold
>green
>analyzing what the author meant by every particular color

Refn can't tell those colors apart you dipshit,

>HURRRRFFF DURFFFFF WE URRRR MUUUVIEE CRITCSS

>people actually criticise movie
>get upset and go into spastic mode

for you

The main girl was too plain and weird looking for me to buy she would really be this insanely gorgeous model that hellbeasts wanted

Destroyed all SoD for me honestly

No, that would be Only God Forgives. I love the movie and I still can barely watch 20 minutes of it without getting distracted with something.

It's pretentious "lol dude so creepy and violent" garbage that was made for the exact purpose of making plebs like you think they're patrician for "getting" it.

>colorblind people can't tell blue and green apart
Yes they can you retard. They're not literally blind to colors.

>lame trolling

c'mon homo, up your game

>colorblind
>not literally blind to colors