So I've been getting more into watching films lately...

So I've been getting more into watching films lately, meaning I'm watching a lot of classics that I should have watched a long time ago. Recently I've been working through the Nolan Batman trilogy so I'll be getting to TDKR very soon. I also intend to watch Drive.

My question is, what are some of the other big "meme films" on Sup Forums? I don't mean that in a negative way, just in the sense that they've caught on massively around here for one reason or another. I know those two are some of the biggest, but I'm curious what else there is that I should see that Sup Forums loves. Hit me with anything, I probably haven't seen it. Image unrelated, just a random Sup Forums-appropriate picture.

GAHAHA look at that guy's FACE!!!

neon demon and /lewd neck/ shitposting is comfy

Robert Altman's OC and Stiggs.

back when this was a normal board you could actually get some decent responses.

This is a good start. I dont know if its on there or not, but Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas is a personal favorite. Hunter S. Thompson is somewhat of a personal hero of mine.

lots of these are shit btw but some are really fuckin great

Oh, I have at least seen that one. Great film. I've read the book too which is also great and I have to say it's basically a perfect adaptation. Thanks for the chart as well.

>tv
>normal board
>ever

i mean, kind of? i guess there was just more discussion

Film sucks, don't bother

I don't know where you get the idea that there isn't discussion on Sup Forums. There's not a single board on this site where I haven't been able to get people discussing things if I create a thread about an interesting subject and keep it bumped until people arrive.

the hobbit? is this a joke?

First Hobbit is quite comfy. Then they went in a weird direction with the other two, but I can't deny the quality of that first film.

Nani?

>classics
>Drive & TDKR

Kys, OP.

They are considered classics by Sup Forums.

The Silence Of The Lambs is such an amazing film. Definitely in my top 5.

The VVitch.

I don't think anyone except for the biggest plebs out there would ever call either movie a classic. Both are pretty new, and so are you OP.

Կոմիտաս (Ասկարյան, 1988)
ボクサ(寺山修司, 1977)
Al primo soffio di vento (Piavoli, 2002)
వాల్మీకి (దుంగన్, 1945)
Игpoк (Бaтaлoв, 1972)
Galini (Markopoulos, 1958)
香雪海 (費, 1934)
O Desafio (Saraceni, 1966)
ምርት ሦስት ሺህ ዓመት (ገሪማ, 1976)
Ko puca otvorice mu se (Babac, 1965)

Calling someone a new or OP just because they disagree with you is the sign of a newfag.

Calling Drive and TDKR's classics is so egregious that I think you are trolling.

>egregious
What the fuck?

You're either showing your age or how retarded you are. I'd say a bit of both.

OP asked specifically for "meme films" and here you are talking about "classics." If anyone's retarded, it's you.

>So I've been getting more into watching films lately, meaning I'm watching a lot of classics that I should have watched a long time ago.

Can you fucking read?

Nice non-sequitur, cunt.

Classics:
>The Godfather 1 & 2
>The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
>Alien & Aliens
>Star Wars original trilogy
>Blade Runner
>Terminator & Terminator 2
>The Goodfellas
>The Silence of the Lambs
>Pulp Fiction
>Jurassic Park
>A.I
>Saving Private Ryan

Modern:
>Pirates of the Caribbean
>Spiderman 1 & 2
>Watchmen
>LOTR
>Harry Potter movies
>Children of Men

>Anything modern Scorcese
>Anything modern Tarantino
>Anything Nolan
>Anything Wes Anderson

Personal recommendation:
>The Hunt
>Rush
>The Raid 1 & 2

>I've watched a lot of classics
>RECENTLY i've watched blah blah
OP could have watched Citizen Kane, Schindler's List before moving on to less esteemed but popular movies

OR he could be using a less formal definition of classic

you're a stupid cunt and you should kill yourself

Doesn't matter how you want to parse it. OP still called TDKR and Drive classics. If that isn't obvious, you are either dodging or mentally ill.

Why do you insist on trying to get the last word when you have been proven wrong time and again?

> Recently I've been working through the Nolan Batman trilogy so I'll be getting to TDKR very soon.

DIRECTLY CARRIES ON FROM

>So I've been getting more into watching films lately, meaning I'm watching a lot of classics that I should have watched a long time ago.

You are the retard.

all the capeshits, especially Avengers, BvS and Raimi's Spiderman
Harry Potter films
Recently Cat with the Hat
Ghostbusters remake
Star Wars episodes 1-3 and the new ones

>Kingdom of Heaven
>Braveheart
>Ex Machina
>The Fifth Element
>King Kong (PJ version)

STAR WARS PREQUEL TRILOGY

I don't see The Cat in the Hat in that list/.

The Witch, The Hunt, The Thing, Fellowship of the Ring and Groundhog Day are all pretty popular meme films around these parts.

Seems like you are doing exactly what you're accusing me of. Fuck off faggot.

Two different sentences. You'd be right if OP said
>I've been watching a lot of classics like TDK and Drive

But even then he might not mean "classic" in the sense that you perceive it, he might be referring to films that are prominent on Sup Forums

Please don't reproduce

Why is Groundhog Day a meme film?

And you once again attempt to have the last word. You just can't accept defeat with dignity, can you?

word

>What would you do?
threads.

The Thin Red Line gets a bit of love here.

>The Thin Red Line gets a bit of love here.
Isn't that the name of Arakune's theme? Was it named after that film?

“The meaning of the Thin Red Line of Courage” As firefighters are periled, they place their lives second to those they protect. They are forced to face their own fears and grasp for every ounce of courage to perform the necessary task. “

Well, I have no idea how that relates to Arakune but that's pretty interesting.

THE HOBBIT ON THIS LIST ARE YOU FUCKING MAD THE HOBBIT THREE WAS THE WORST CINEMA EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE NEXT TO CHICKEN LITTLE

I find it hard to believe that a slow but otherwise completely unoffensive movie was the worst cinema experience of your life.