Obama WRONG on Brexit

abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-loses-reliable-partner-faces-uncertainty-brexit-40123835

>President Barack Obama could count on Britain to back him at nearly every turn during his first 7½ years in office. He knew British leaders had the global clout and shared perspective to be powerful U.S. partners.

>But as Obama approaches the final months of his term, that sense of certainty has been shattered by the United Kingdom's decision to leave the European Union and by the resignation of Prime Minister David Cameron, a close ally.

>In his public reaction to the vote, Obama offered assurances that the two countries would remain "indispensable partners" and that the special relationship would survive. He said he respected Britain's decision and that he was confident in an orderly transition from the EU.

>Yet before the vote, Obama had warned in no uncertain terms of the consequences for Britain leaving the EU. He put the U.K. on notice it would become a low priority on trade while pushing back on the isolationist and anti-immigrant sentiments that have taken root in the U.S. and elsewhere and now seem to be tearing at Europe's seams.

>Vice President Joe Biden was blunter, saying that Britain's exit was "not how we would have preferred it to be."

>The incongruence between Obama's comments before and after the vote reflected the difficult spot in which the president finds himself.

>With U.S. and global markets reeling, Obama wants to avoid the perception that U.K. relations will suffer. At the same time, playing down the significance of the exit could undermine his calls for Europe remaining integrated.

So much for improving relationships with the world. What an idiot he is.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4381775/vladimir-putin-russia-brexit-uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trump loves the UK. He will not let them suffer economically if there is anything we can do on our end.

Hillary on the other hand....

if if if you leave the EU.... i-i-i if if if if we listen to a bunch of... oke doke... just because the tweets are funnier... more provocative... then we're not gonna build on the progress that we started

I would like to point out that everything he's said about Brexit the entire country has ignored except Remain shills.

You could almost collectively hear "who fucking cares what an outgoing POTUS thinks".

Remix please.

Shouldn't have come here and lectured people like a schoolteacher

He along with the rest of the remain campaign totally failed to offer any positive case for remaining in the EU

The special relationship is a bond of brothers.

I think we all knew Obama would back remain as it meant he could use the UK as a proxy for EU trading, but deep down our ties are deeper than that and they won't be severed so easily.

> Trump
> Sends a big message of congratulations for democracy and promises to support Britain to explore their newfound world. Also promises to continue to invest in Britain professionally if he doesn't win.

> Hillary
> Uh okay we didn't expect this we'll make it work out somehow?

I know which President I'll be hoping for.

My aunt decided to vote Leave because of his intervention, not even joking.

Storm in a teacup.

Brexit doesn't have to signify better or worse for US/UK relations if the two countries don't will it that way themselves. That's the point.

So the UK abandoned a large slice of globalist ideology? Who cares, the US has been betraying the same ideology themselves for decades. In fact they never committed to it the way they expected others to, thus their economic success and the downfall of places like New Zealand.

Sup Forums BTFO by Putin:

time.com/4381775/vladimir-putin-russia-brexit-uk/

Wasn't he one of you guys?

Wasn't the Holy Trinity you edgelords jerk off to Farage-Drumpf-Putin?

Why is Putin saying Brexit was a result of arrogance from British leadership then?

ALL THIS GOD DAMN OKE DOKE

>time.com/4381775/vladimir-putin-russia-brexit-uk/
Quote from Putin:
>He said the vote to leave was a result of “nothing other than arrogance and a superficial approach from the British leadership to issues that are vital to their country and to Europe as a whole.”

Awww, Kazakhstan is angry guys. How do we make him better?

There was nothing wrong with what he said.

Your reading comprehension sucks

He's right. How is Sup Forums btfo?

>time.com/4381775/vladimir-putin-russia-brexit-uk/

can you not even read? Putin is saying the British leadership failed its people, and the people said fuck you and bailed.

Butthurt much? Damage control? :^)
Stay mad, island monkey.

How do you even have Internet in Almaty?

Commies don't play by the rules so why should free nations? Sounds like ass hurt to me.

>putin says british leadership was completely out of touch with the british people

how is he not agreeing with us?

I know two English people who did the same. Boy, were they pissed off. One is a Tory youngish male, other is an old Labour backer, female. Funny that all it took was Obummer pushing them around to make both of them agree on something for once.

brexit gives me some hope that all of this bullshit globalist shit will end with in the next 5-10 years. Just when things start to get bright...then the next problem will be over population with automation.

Shit never ends

It's a problem because unity prevents large wars like we had in the previous century.

More division means more hostility.

He sent back a bust of Churchill, wasn't diverse enough.

globalism and trade blocs like the EU aren't inherently bad it's when you get the dangerous mix of unelected officials dancing to the tune of corporations...