Celebrating a wartime pacifist

>celebrating a wartime pacifist

Our grandfathers are literally rolling in their graves so hard right now that they're spinning.

They're literally spinning.

What next, movies about the brave men and women who converted to Islam right after 9/11?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trmG0mgrkM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This chap probably saved more people from death than your grandfather ever did.

the point is to kill people though

and he saved people who would go on to kill more

While less of your men succumb.
And in that, Garfield was about as useful as any other soldier.

Just because a movie is made about someone, doesn't mean it's celebrating them, especially when it's supposed to be a true story.
If you think he's being celebrated, it just shows how insecure about your own faith (or lack of it) and values.

>the point of an army medic is not to save the lives of his fellow American soldiers
How can you be this dumb?

the idea is that despite not having it in him to kill people he still wanted to serve his country in some way and he did, more than you ever will faggot

No, the point is in strategical territorial gain that aims to limit your enemy's options to further push them into peace talks and ceasefire.

As long as you keep your guys alive your guys will kill people, he killed by proxy pham

Did you see the film?

>as soon as you're treated in the field you get back into the fight no matter how grave the injury

>celebrating a wartime pacifist that still had the courage to go on the front lines without the means to protect himself to save his fellow Americans
FTFY

doubtful
mine was a medic that didnt want to fight.

mine was a dead eye killer with a tooth collection

Yeah, they were so pleased about all the people they killed.

youtube.com/watch?v=trmG0mgrkM8

> what is Sergeant York

now gay marriage and addadictamies, now those have them spinning

You should watch more war movies/read a book.

Literally nobody had a good time in World War 2. All those guys that came back to medals and parades had no choice but to accept the fanfare for all the fucked up shit they did and went through. Imagine you're some 18 year old NEET that has to go off and fight and you come back and you're a hero. You'd go fucking autistic with the attention and the glory. That's the only reason those old fucks let us keep propagandizing all their suffering. Half of them ignore it, hoping that at least some good feeling of victory/patriotism comes out of it, even though they know that just leads to more kids being caught up in their situation. The other half strut and show their medals as much as they can before they go to bed alone in the old folks home and pray they don't choke on their spit in bed and die.

>"I will not hold a gun"
>"Will you hold something thats actively firing a gun?"
>"Yeah, I have no problem with that."

>alt right future school shooter thinks killing people is so cool xD

kys

then let start by killing yourself

Your grandfathers would whish to have someone like Doss next to them in battle

this movie is hardcore propaganda

>implying 4tards grandpa wasnt a nam draftdodger.

sure thing!

Not OP but I can vouch that my grandfather actually did save more than Doss in WWII

>Nam

But the movie was set in WW2

>oy vey you stupid goyim! why aren't you murdering other white men because your masters told you to?!?!

did he burn some important papers

You're confusing war with your video games.

Did not he get the Medal of Honor?

the poitn of war isnt to kill people you retarded fuckhead.
holy shit pls go back playing "free for all" on cowadooty.

Shows what you know . My Grandfather dodged the draft because he said "no Nazi ever called him a nigger"

Which is odd because he's Scottish

kek

Reminder : only Roosevelt , the Jews, and the British wanted us in world war 2

We had zero interest in going over there and fighting

It wasn't a "good war"

The draft is slavery
And every man has the absolute right to dodge it

lol'd out loud

Nobody here is old enough to have a WWII grandfather.

>nips
>white

the usa had even less interest in ww1. some day the jews and their lies will be exposed

I am. My mother's father served in the Navy in WWII.

I'm 25 and my grandfather did.

My grandfather (may he RIP) did. Tho he was an infantryman on the eastern front (Ukraine?) during the latter part of the Nazi invasion and was sent back home after the frost froze his feet.

Mine stacked zipper heads 10 shitheads high in Korea. Army core of engineers don't fuckin play.

And to keep your own forces fighting for longer than the enemies. Good medical care of the wounded does that, as well as improving the morale of the troops (they know they will be looked after if wounded) and the morale of the population that backs the war. Also allows you to maintain the image of being 'in the right' after the war, meaning your people will back further conflicts and your defeated opponents less likely to hate you and start another one.

It's completely plausible that 25 year olds have WWII grandfathers, retard

>Celebrating wartime a pacifist
what's wrong with that?
As long as we aren't shunning our grandfathers for the war why should you care, they have holidays and special days when they're remembered, give the pacifists this movie.

i'm 20 and my grandfather served in 1939-42 when he was 17, then he lost half of his face, hearing and left arm

he died 10 years ago though

It's not that.

It's the thought of someone going freely into a warzone WITHOUT a weapon, and survives. It goes against the normal war-movie, which makes it pretty cool.

It doesn't talk against your grandfathers. It's just another warstory

The movie also goes against the usual (non-critical) depiction of pacifists, where they're shown to refuse to carry a weapon because they're incapable of bringing themselves to kill.

Doss is clearly shown to be very capable of killing people from the start of his childhood, it's the fact that he's afraid of those murderous urges that he refuses to carry a weapon, or to even use one to shoot paper targets during basic training. Because if he unleashes it he's afraid he won't be able to switch it off. Even shooting a paper target might make it flare up and turn him into a full-fledged killer. He's not the perfect angel who doesn't have it in his nature to hurt, he's the beast afraid of his own nature.

Much more interesting than another "dude is physically incapable of killing another man so he dies, or someone dies because of him" depictions you usually get.

This movie was ruined by the cartoonish battle scenes.

my grandfather was in the Luftwaffe

This movie was ruined by the cartoonish battle scenes.

>muh kdr

get rekt fag

my grandfather was a security guard as auschwitz

died when he fell out of a guard tower

F ;_;7

Nigga you dumb and underage

My grandpa was a resistance fighter and later joined regular army towards the end of ww2

Jesus fuck this got me

>making a movie around the pacific theater and ignoring the fact the US knew absolutely everything the japanese were doing, will do, could do, etc, because enigma was so broken the japs might as well have been hand delivering all their plans and positions to the US

Though dude saving as many lives as he could that were being thrown at a literal decoy operation was pretty cool.

That's so good it has to be a quote from something.

This, and:
>ignoring that 9/10 of the Japanese soldiers stationned in the Pacific ocean died of lack of water or of starvation
I don't seek to fluster any Americans, but there wrren't that many fights in the Pacific theater, barring for the ones for essential islands, as for the remaining ones, the US Navy would sink all Japanese conveys and strand the Japanese forces stranded.

>Telling the punchline of a joke before the setup
>Why the fuck would you do this?

hey fuck you, okinawa was why my grampa drank 2 beers before breakfast every morning. i wonder if he knew doss at all, that would be weird.

Your grandfather's a piece of shit cuck who gave his life so that jews can continue destroying the West. A goddman race traitor, I hope he, and all WW2 veterans are burning in hell

Unronically please end yourself. Your parents won't cry. You are a piece of human waste and deserve nothing more than your genetic pool to be whipped out from the planet.

>implying people use that as a joke any more

Nowadays it's just a way to virtue signal to the alt-right by showing your grandpa was "one of the good guys".

>From a guard tower, I assume.

Was it autism?