I have been recommended this movie for a few years, and i finally get to watch it. The story doesn't make sense at all...

I have been recommended this movie for a few years, and i finally get to watch it. The story doesn't make sense at all, yet its fucking hillarious.

>That scene when the gangster wannabe got beaten by the villagers

Only flaw is probably that old girl friend/romance sub-plot which feels kind of unnecessary and doesn't work for me. But overall i still like it.

What Sup Forums think? What other good chinese made/related movies i should try next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eDr1MD2a1aM
thesupernaughts.com/dvdblu-ray/kung-fu-hustle-tenth-anniversary-reviewfact/
youtu.be/VIpsJreyOTs
youtube.com/watch?v=jskKf5YDDAI&ab_channel=ToySoldiers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shaolin Soccer. It's one fo the best Kung Fu satires ever made.

Actually one of my favorite films

It's kino

Any of his other films, actually. This is one my favourite films of all time, especially dubbed. You did watch it dubbed, right?

There's a torrent called chow movies that has 40 + them. Million dollar cop and God of cookery are some of my personal favorites.

This film effortlessly achieves the mix of styles that Quentin Tarantino tried, and failed, to include in Kill Bill. It's nothing short of genius.

same here

Is The Mermaid good?

It's nothing like what Kill Bill was attempting to achieve but nice try. It's chinese slapstick or xiju which has been a part of street performance in China for centuries.

Great movie

Not really. Has some fun moments though.

i gotta learn the Axe gang dance

Came in this thread just to post this; it has the same director as Kung Fu Hustle.

It was achieved in real life.

Xiju and "traditional street performances" are completely different things.

Is it all in Cantonese?

Source to torrent?

>satire
You're using that word wrong

Kung Fu Hustle is legit perfection.

>Only flaw is probably that old girl friend/romance sub-plot which feels kind of unnecessary and doesn't work for me.
That's the best part, you degenerate faggot.

Stephen Chow managed to pull off with just a 2 minute sub-plot and a broken lolipop what schmalzy Hollywood triple A love dramas/rom-coms couldn't achieve in two hours; being touching and heart warming.

If you don't get a raging will to right evil with your fists while watching this you are probably dead inside or a woman.

youtube.com/watch?v=eDr1MD2a1aM

>Strongest kung fu master/assassin in the world

Kek. I love this movie.

The only films that should be watched dubbed are so bad, they're good B-movies.

But then again I'm not american

How does it not make sense? The plot is exceedingly simple.
Have you ever seen a fist this big?

God of Cookery > Shaolin Soccer > Kungfu Hustle
Fight me cunts

Sorry, fighting the mentally feeble is against the law here.

CJ7

Reminder that his fight style is literally Pepe

epic xD

Chow has a lot of kung fu comedies and all are worth your time (as long as your time is as worthless as mine). guys have mentioned shaolin soccer and that's probably his best. Fight Back to School (police officer goes undercover at high school) and The Royal Tramp (guy with no kung fu sleeps with kung fu babes and has them fight his battles) are also good.

Looks like E.T meet Pokemon user

I watched that in the cinema here in England when it came out and it was a blast. Couldn't believe what i was seeing, but after i started looking into more kung fu movies and got into John Woo movies.

Great movie for edgelords and kids, like American Psycho.

>watching dubbed movies

Never like dubbed version either most of the times. But KH and Shaolin Soccer dub actually make the movie even more hillarious. Though if you prefer authenticity, its true, just stick with the original.

>the fight between the couple and the beast
>the bell megaphone that wrecks everything

Kung-fu Hustle is one of the best movies I've ever had the privilege of watching in my lifetime. Here's my 10th anniversary review.... thesupernaughts.com/dvdblu-ray/kung-fu-hustle-tenth-anniversary-reviewfact/

youtu.be/VIpsJreyOTs

Literally me

Rank your favorite Stephen Chow movies that you've seen Sup Forums.

1. Kung Fu Hustle
2. Shaolin Soccer
3. God of Cookery
4. Journey to the west
5. Fight back to school

I cannot comprehend how people can enjoy stephen chow movies without understanding cantonese.

half the time the English subtitles makes no sense and another half the time the jokes are butchered beyond recognition in the sub.

>kung fu hustle
>edgy

huh?

The mermaid is funny af although some of the gags are used more than once in the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=jskKf5YDDAI&ab_channel=ToySoldiers

Kung Fu Chefs was another movie I really enjoyed.
It stars the legendary Sammo Hung. Worth checking out.

>Royal Tramp
Chow didn't direct it though, he just acts.

am i gay for wanting to bang these guys!?