Gay anons, what's your opinion of this kino flick? Were you able to identify with his story...

Gay anons, what's your opinion of this kino flick? Were you able to identify with his story? I'm legit curious if things were this bad for you, growing up.

Propably for a lot of black gays. The black community is exceptionally homophobic. I personally grew up in a very conservative white Southern Baptist family and they were fine with me coming out. My life was perfectly normal but I don't have any outward indication of my love of cock so that might be a large factor. All being gay has meant to me is that I don't have to deal with women, it's bretty gud.

No I didn't live in the black hood getting handjobs from other dudes.

>grew up in a very conservative white Southern Baptist family
>fine with me coming out
goodness. you got extremely lucky.
I meant the bullying and labeled outcast.

The aspect of him being so sexually repressed definitely resonated with me, being in the closet growing up totally fucked my ability to sexually communicate with anyone.

I just took being an outcast like a man and never said a word to anyone. That definitely fucked my social skills but blah blah blah i was a misanthropist.

>goodness. you got extremely lucky
Yeah, my parents did a complete 180 on their beliefs of homosexuality when I came out. They trusted me more than the preacher, which is nice.

This flick was really racist

Oh. I've not seen the film, but i got fucking madly bullied for it as a kid. I wasn't even out, people just kinda guessed i suppose. It really destroyed me for a while. I'm still only out with close friends.

fuck off disgusting faggots

>Yeah, my parents did a complete 180 on their beliefs of homosexuality when I came out.
You're very lucky. I've known people from my church that would've disowned their child on the spot.
>The aspect of him being so sexually repressed definitely resonated with me, being in the closet growing up totally fucked my ability to sexually communicate with anyone.
If it's not too personal, at what age were you finally able to open up sexually to another person? I assume you're still in your 20s(or early 30s) Was it something you spent over a decade or two having to deal with?
that's sort of what happened with the MC. he was too young to understand what homosexuality was. the other kids sort of guessed, or just called him a faggot because they hated him. not sure any of them really knew, and were just doing it to be mean.

I only ask because I grew up with a gay friend. We were really close, but he never talked about school life before we met(we were in the 10th grade when we started hanging out) I knew there was something he didn't want to tell me, but I never pushed him about it.

Come make me big boy ;)

>he was too young to understand what homosexuality was. the other kids sort of guessed, or just called him a faggot because they hated him. not sure any of them really knew, and were just doing it to be mean.
iktf
fuck ;_;

I don't want to get aids

>tfw 21 yr old gay virgin

You won't. Just let me suck your dick. I'm the only one at risk then.

People act like this film is some devastating takedown of how homophobic black people are, which I think indicates they haven't watched it. There are multiple named characters who are sympathetic and supportive of Chiron after finding out (Juan, Teresa, Kevin), as well as school kids who bully him plus his abusive mother. It shows nuance like anything else, it's not a million miles away from a movie about a white gay kid in that regard.
It does do something far more interesting and complicated, which is taking the ubiquitous image of the hardened thuggish black dude and interrogating it as a performance that conceals deeper things within, like fatherly feelings in Juan's case or severe repression in Chiron's. It quietly suggests that this performance isn't one with room for non-heterosexual desire, and it can end up stunting and warping that into a void.

I know that exact feeling. We'll make it someday pal.

>Grow up thinking sex is sacred and idealizing monogamy
>Give my first blowjob at 19
>Realize I didn't even feel guilty about casual sex and become a slut
>Still never feel "empty" like I was always told I would

It's not true for everyone. Lots of guys need emotion with their sex, but you should just go suck a dick and see how you feel.

Well guys in general need far less emotion with their sex compared to women. Sure there are plenty of sluts taking dicks left and right without giving a fuck, but the average woman needs some romance, sappy gestures and a dinner date before putting out.

An average looking woman would just need to go to a man and ask for sex and 90% of the time she'd get it. She wouldn't need to take him out for a coffee to get sex.

Kys redditcuck

indeed. great watch, but I'm not convinced it will win the oscar. I still have 3 more films to cross off my list before I'm caught up.

I just mean that if the hangup is about waiting for the right guy, they should just give it a shot with someone they're comfortable with.

im just scared of my ass getting taken to pound town and being told to get out the house :(

>24 yo gay
>had casual sex
>dont enjoy it
>just want a loving boyfriend for a monog relationship
why's it so hard bros?

Television & Film

reported for gay niggers

>reported for actual film discussion
checks out

you were saying?

Talk to someone and ask them if they like cuddling after sex. If they do, they won't do that.

Because gays are a small minority of the population, so unlike straight people, it's far less likely to organically meet and connect with someone compatible. As a result, we've resorted to club scenes and now apps which connect everyone in a way that promotes quick, casual relationship based on first glance appearance. Most straight couples I know started out as friends or coworkers. Most gay couples I know started out as hookups. It's a sad reality for people who don't like doing the fishing with their dicks.

This. So much this. I didn't ask for this to be my culture.

It's not so much "culture" as it is "I'm horny and I'm not waiting for Mr Right to come charging out of the 3% of the population he possibly could. Moving to a gay neighborhood and having an active social life is one potential solution, but then you really do have to deal with gay culture.

You kinda did when you tried to turn a sexual preference into a culture.

Yeah that's kinda what i mean. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, especially where i live where the second solution is not an option.

I didn't do that though. I can't help being gay desu

Nobody made a conscious decision to do anything like that. Gay people started living in the same neighborhoods years ago for both safety and dating convenience. A culture naturally developed from there like it does in all groups. And as straight people are so quick to point out, there are plenty of mannerisms and behavioral quircks gay men are much more likely to have that influenced that culture.

>tfw 30 year old gay virgin
It actually feels pretty great.

youve got a long road of opportunity ahead

men keep being handsome even up to 50, a lot past that if youre a nice salt and pepper man

This. I've never fucked a dude under 40. Men are the patrician choice desu

>Tfw attracted to skinny boy-next-door types my age
>Tfw they're all into daddies or femmes or bears, etc, but not other skinny masculine guys

Life is pain.

Yeah that is a real problem. You'll find someone user :)

>Nobody made a conscious decision to do anything like that

Posting from a universe without gay pride parades or the LGBT alliance, I see.

I'm gay, and it's kind of fucking frustrating that people keep saying I only enjoy this because I identify with it. Gay movies fucking suck almost always, and recently they've all been shit other than Weekend and A Single Man. I honestly didn't identify with his story at all, really. It's still a great movie. Not my favorite of the year though.

How about if I say the reason you enjoy it is because it makes you feel like you're having a look into a different culture/world that, despite all it's differences, still resonates with you on a basic level? Like instead of having to sit and cry as your parents yell at you for being a pillowbiter after you tell them you're a pillowbiter, little gets to listen to his rockho mother lie about how good a mother she was.

You realize they were started as an effort to raise awareness of gay rights, right? What culture they influenced beyond that was not intentional.

Why do you think gay pride parades exist?

It doesn't though. It's just a really well made film. There's a lot more to liking something than identifying with it. Hell, Chiron's life wasn't even bad because he was gay. It was bad because of his shit mother and the crack epidemic in Miami at the time. It's an excellent movie not because he's black and gay, but because it shows how the extreme conditions he was raised in affected his life in an extremely negative way, regardless of what those conditions are.

Also nobody ever gave a shit I was gay, so I struggle to identify with any gay hardship movie. Only gay movie that really resonated with me was Weekend, and after watching that guy's second movie, 45 Years, I'm pretty sure I liked it because he's a seriously talented filmmaker, not because I see myself in the characters.

Nobody on Sup Forums can "sexually communicate" with anyone

Nah, to most people here the autism and social reject shit is just a meme. You're welcome to continue to think it's not for your own solace though.

Is the screener worth watching or should I wait for better quality? Heard the cinematography is great, so not sure if I should ruin the experience with bad quality.

>tfw my awful cinema only shows capeshit and the like

>Is the screener worth watching or should I wait for better quality?
watched it over kodi. quality was DVD, so not too bad. could see the night scenes just fine.

I'm genuinely surprised to see the various threads of this movie actually lead to quality discussion on fucking Sup Forums.

Will definetely see the movie.