Is it fair to say that the prequels, however flawed, are honest, whereas VII and RO are the epitome of dishonesty?

Is it fair to say that the prequels, however flawed, are honest, whereas VII and RO are the epitome of dishonesty?

Other urls found in this thread:

dorkly.com/post/82089/prequel-memes-high-ground
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

General Grevious movie when?

prequels are no longer canon

correct
dumbass

They phoned TFA in and it's carried entirely by Harrison Ford but Rogue One was great. It was tonally perfect.

Yes it is. I have this discussion all the time. The prequals worked to further the universe and create an environment that led to the original trilogy. New movies are stuck to some addoring hommage of the old movies, With almost a disregard for the added level of detail present in the prequals.

What it means is the result is a soulless mismatch of modern storytelling but with a lack of depth most fans come to expect.

or retard autists would care about something like that. There's not honest or dishonest about either, they're both kid movies that are vehicles to sell merch. TFA and RO lean heavy on nostalgia because it's safe, it works, and it's what everyone wants. The prequals leaned heavy on effects and saber fights because GL thought that's what everyone wanted. Same shit.

just what my grandma says, she is a big kinofag so I take her words seriously

Almost but not quite. While the overall story of the prequels is honest in that George was trying to tell the a legitimately interesting story about downfall of the republic and of Anakin Skywalker, that story was compromised by several dishonest choices. Choices like making Anakin a cute little kid in TPM in order to appeal to children, Jar Jar Binks for the dumb children, Yoda hopping around because George thinks that what audiences want to see, overusing CGI not to further the story but to further the technology, inserting dumb fanservice moments (yes George is also guilty of this) like Chewbacca and Jango Fett, creating characters that serve no purpose other than being "cool" (Darth Maul, Grevious), etc.

Having said that, the prequels were at least informed by the idea of telling an honest story, even if that story was badly tainted by dishonest decisions at every turn. The Force Awakens is dishonest from the very beginning. The entire conception of the movie was to make money and satisfy the hordes of ravenous fanboys. Occasionally the writers had an honest idea, but the core of the film is dishonest. So its kind of the opposite of the prequel trilogy in this regard. The prequels have an honest core tainted by dishonest decisions, whereas TFA has a dishonest core that's polished with some honest decisions.

Post her tits?

Or feet

I hate this meme

They're eternally canon, stay mad mouse shill

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY. omfg. Best use of 'Honesty' meme ever.

Sure, why not? Dishonest filmmaking is just a meaningless forced meme anyway.

A glib facsimile tbqphwy fampai

TFA is the cheapest movie in SW
Only one star destroyer cause ANH only had one
No rebel fleet cause ANH didn't had one
Xwings again
Tie fighters again
Made by a jew of course

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

George is just autistic, cared about his series, and likes money. The disney jews are not autistic, don't care about the series, and love money.

That's the difference.

The moment the mouse calls them non-canon his nu-trilogy becomes non-canon instead.

You can't remain sane watching the OT with the prequels in the back of your mind. They are not canon.

Lucas tried to make all of the movies different he said in an interview. Disney just wanted to go back to the original trilogy.

For what they are the prequels are decent. They tried to tell their own story and expand the universe. Of course there was some shit I disliked like that slapstick to get younger people feel safe(god I hate that 3PO scence in that arene. People are dying let it be serious once) and the overuse of CGI but I would say that this is the fault of that time. Many experimented with all that and sadly it diddn't always turned out good.

TFA is absoloute shit tier money grab and copy pasted without an original idea or plot and driving the SW Canon into a wall at 100 mph

>Choices like making Anakin a cute little kid in TPM in order to appeal to children, Jar Jar Binks for the dumb children
So your complaint is that 1 is for children? Did you ever consider that it was made for children? It is the first movie in the series, it's meant to be an introduction. And who would need an introduction to SW in the year 1999? Kids.

>overusing CGI not to further the story but to further the technology, creating characters that serve no purpose other than being "cool" (Darth Maul, Grevious)
Staples of SW. Always had "cool" non-characters and always used latest tech. Just so happened that latest tech in the 70s was a potato in front of a black paper.

Wtf does dishonest mean in this context, is this the new "Mary Sue"?

It had more than twice of ROTS budget, even though aside from Ford it only starred literally whos.

>Choices like making Anakin a cute little kid in TPM in order to appeal to children,

I can't find the quote, but he did that to justify Anakin's attachment issues with his mother. I think the kid was 14 in the first place. If a kid of 14 or 15 leaves home to join the Jedi order ... he's gonna be fine.

It means the director sacrificed his vision to cater to an audience.

That's been a criticism for ages and I've never heard it called dishonest before

ok u

It's a new meme some people are forcing to describe La La Land.

OP being the faggot he is, is aimlessly trying to use it as well in here.

user, Disney wars will never be canon. Post Luca-Sellout "Star Wars" will never be canon to anyone who matters.

You can't remain sane watching TESB with the ANH in the back of your mind.

ANH wasn't staggering lazy garbage, friend.

Underrated t b h

>This latest "origin story" features no storytelling development but simply repeats Star Wars formulae...Rogue One, a huckster's tale, confirms the Disney Corporation's routine indoctrination of its captive audience.

Based king niggerfaggot
Armond is honorary Aryan

Can he, theoretically speaking, be wrong?

dorkly.com/post/82089/prequel-memes-high-ground

I'm starting to think liberals aren't wrong about cultural appropriation. This normie bullshit hurts.

fuck
that
shit
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

normie memes are so fucking cringe wtf

how is it not a single one of those is funny?
Is it the referential humor or the crap motivational image font text explaining the joke?

desu i kind of enjoyed this one fampai

it's female humour

there is no such thing

Why is he made of marble?

Yes. It's like when Hendrix wanted to stop playing guitar with his teeth - he acknowledged that artistically he had to move forward, but the people refused to let him go out alone. Abrams was effectively looting from Lucas's trash.

>Hendrix wanted to stop playing guitar with his teeth
myth

>prequals

Except with the exception of RoTJ, VII and RO are better than any of the other SW movies.

What is there to gain from viewing the prequels and sequels from this point of view? Prequels are shit, period. Sequels are Hollywood garbage, shit.

2/10, made me reply. Have that (you) you crave for.

I agree with this chap. While the prequels definitely weren't very good movies overall, (although they had a few decent scenes and Dooku is just based, they made the universe of SW a lot more rich and detailed. A shame the Mouse had to ruin everything. Sure the EU was full of shit, but it's better than pile the garbage we're sitting on now.
Episode VII was just for cashing in on the starving fanboys and lacked a soul imho.

>Rogue One
>Perfect
>The only good character was the fucking comic relief and the only one people gave a shit about when he died

I cared about the monk guy.
Even i admit though I can't remember the names of any of the characters.

Says a lot when a big budget team funded by Disney can't outdo literal clones in terms of memorability.

I think it is as simple as their names didn't seem to matter, they just said them once and then weirdly barely mentioned or used them afterwards
Stardust I remember, names, no.

>haha he spelled a word wrong this means his argument is invalid