Why was system of a down the best nu metal band and why is this their best album?

Why was system of a down the best nu metal band and why is this their best album?
inb4 "haha hes just saying something everyone disagrees with for attention" i do legit think this is their best album.
Hypnotize is a close second tho

Attached: steal this album.jpg (770x771, 62K)

why do people think that Korn and system of a down need to be in the same genre? I love Korn but I can't stand system of a down, how are they similar exactly?

I unironically think Papa Roach is better

I actually agree I like steal this album more than their other ones

Attached: Nu-metal.jpg (1000x1038, 416K)

both were metal bands that were experimenting with a new sound. Even though theyre different sounds, they were both doing experimental sounds in the metal genre in the late 90s early 2000s, so theyre nu metal.

>best nu metal band
System of a Down is not Nu Metal, you fucking idiot. Having a simple downtuned riff isn't enough to be considered Nu Metal. More specifically, Nu Metal is a fusion genre of Alternative Metal that combines multiple elements of other music, such as Rap/Hip-Hop, Electronic/Techno/Industrial and Experimental with Alternative Rock/Metal (along with other sub-genres of Metal also). I'd argue that NIN had a bit more similarities to that genre due to fusing Industrial and Techno with Alt. Rock/Metal, although they are by no means actually Nu Metal. While typically they seldom differentiated from topics such as pain, angst, destruction and even misanthropy, musically most Nu Metal bands could sound quite a bit different from one another. Where Linkin Park was more introspective in their lyricism and focused more on Electronic, Trip Hop and even Ambient atmospheres with their Alt. Metal sound, Limp Bizkit reveled in bravado, impulsive and tribalistic aggression. Slipknot harkened back to bands like Gwar, Napalm Death and other shock rock/metal acts, while Korn took cues from Faith No More and Helmet. Deftones initially had a more Post-Hardcore undertone to their Nu Metal sound, but upon White Pony, they fused Shoegaze, Dream Pop and Trip Hop into their sound. System of a Down, besides their random, schizophrenic and politically focused imagery in their lyrics, have no experimentation in their music, and barely fuse genres in their music. They're just plain vanilla Alternative Metal work little to no influences from other genres.

I like all of their albums, but I think they're a bit more alternative than nu metal.

>around the fur
>not diamond eyes
hmm

shut up bitch, yes they are

Op here. Huh. Never thought of it that way. I guess i did hear them more described as alternative metal than nu metal.
I somewhat disagree with the statement that there wasnt any experimentation. I think the armenian sort of rhythms and the vocal styles would sound experimental to an american audience, plus while many of their songs are political, they have plenty of songs about drugs, sex, abuse, and many other topics. I do admit, though, they are a very politically charged band
plus i think RATM did the whole politics in music thing better.

poor scars on broadway, only made one album. What the fuck is daron doing nowadays anyway?

Playing guitar in SOAD

Eh, I feel like I got burned out on SOAD and can't ever listen to them again. Deftones was the best numetal band tho, Korn is second. Both have really shit songs, but they also have bangers.

i hope that their new album theyre working on isnt shit
it probably will be considering the fact that they havent written anything togehter for over a decade

even their newer stuff?
american dream is one of the worst songs ive ever heard

yeah, their newer stuff is hot garbage, but I still enjoy their late 90s to early 2000s stuff.

I was most impressed by how original they were, that is until i heard dead kennedys and of was like oh nevermind

what did he mean by this

He was impressed with SOAD until he listened to The Dead Kennedys.

i never expect an actual answer when i ask this question
thank you

How can that be their best album when it's just a collection of random unreleased songs that were all over the internet and everyone had already heard.

they were their best songs

i think youre thinking of storaged melodies

Every track on Steal This Album was a throwaway from their 1st 2 records.

he's welcome

I'm back to check my reptiles. I meant that I always admired soad because I thought they didn't sound like anything else.
It was then that I listen to dead Kennedy's and of was like oh nevermind

Hypnotize>Mesmerize>STA>Toxicty (power gap)>>>>spiders or whatever the shit
Hypnotize has the best hooks and lyrics, and sound wise doesn’t differ much from Mesmerize. Mesmerize has two of the best closing songs ever conceived which brings it above STA, which is by no means mediocre, still not on the same level as the former two psychic albums. Toxicty has like 4 goodish songs. Spiders or whatever the fuck is actual crap except MAYBE two songs. It’s their first though so no big deal

>world music isn't a genre
be quiet spastic

I think Toxicity is the best songwise, and loved it at the time, but the production has not aged well at all, sounds so flat and compressed. I think it was around the peak of Rubin's involvement in the volume wars.

>Wisconsin Death Trip
>not Shadow Zone
HIPSTER DETECTED

fuckin love that album

>nuguns
>mr jack
>highway song
>roulette
>streamline

good fucking shit my family

SOAD is great, but Steal This Album is their worst album

ironic that the only is the only good song on that album

>everything but Limpbizkit.
I mean, those ARE the albums people mock to this day.
And I can only stand half of those because of nostalgia.

They are m8, Nu-Metal is a scene, not a genre. Like EDM.

>my first deftones album was diamon eyes and only because people on mu told me it's good: the post

she*

>nu-metal
>Faith No More
How? FNM came almost a decade before nu-metal was popular, how can they be included in this shit?