Someone mind explaining to me why the finale of this show is considered to be that bad?

Someone mind explaining to me why the finale of this show is considered to be that bad?

Asides form the whole Hannah thing, everything else was fine.

What would've been an appropriate ending for you people?

Everything after S2 was just plain bad.

S2 wasn't that good either

Don't be silly.

Don't YOU be silly, Doakes was god tier.

They knew it was the last season and instead of using the opportunity to tell an intense final story where Dexter almost or does get caught by Batista (who should have been investigating LaGuerta's death), they conjured up yet another guest star antagonist (even worse than Colin Hanks in S6) and filled the season with worthless Maskua and Quinn subplots. All in all it was objective trash.

I'm contemplating rewatching Season 1 and 2.

Should I do it or just leave this dumpster of a series rest in peace?

>What would've been an appropriate ending for you people?

He becomes a Fireman in Mexico!

also ....
>you people

What did OP mean by this? My egyptian heritage?

>not turning it off after Cunt dies

I was trying to be racist against Sup Forums.

Watch the directors commentary, Deb wanted out of the show and never have anything to do with it because they did nothing with her character so she forced them to kill her off

>Dexter suddenly doesn't feel the need to kill for no reason out of no-where, something that should have been set-up for an entire season
>he kills the main antagonist in a police station on camera and the other cops just say whatever lol and cover it up as if they know they are on a tv shows final episode, doesnt outwit him in any meaningful way
>hmm my sister has been on life support for one day, I guess it is completely hopeless and I'll just mercy kill her, no need to actually wait and see if she improves and could live
>I will dump her in the ocean wrapped up in plastic for le ebin pottery even though I did that with the other people I killed because I consider them trash to be desposed of
>doesnt have the balls to kill off Dexter in case they want him to come back for a spin-off that'll never ever happen so he just goes and becomes le lumberjack
>even though he still has a son, who he leaves with a completely remorseless serial killer who poisons everyone in her life who causes her inconvenience and was only playing nice for his sake we are meant to care about for some reason
>oh those storylines we made you follow for weeks about his surrogate mother and his teenage disciple? yeah they get killed off out of no-where and that's it, enjoy your wasted time lol
>drawn out storyline about Deb wanting to fuck Dexter dropped out of nowhere

the whole show turned to shit after season 4 since they fired the previous writers and hired almost all female writers (one of them even wrote the twilight movies lel) so of course it goes from intense thriller with a psychopath protagonist to a quirky over the top genre drama where we're meant to give a shit about Dexter and all the boring auxiliary characters love lives since women cant write something actually gripping, only genre trash tongue in cheek reddit shit going through the motions since women dont know what men find genuinly exciting about violent stories and think its all meant to be silly fun

Plus, the divorce.

>trying to turn white against black on a blue board

Never gonna make the green that way, brown

So she wanted killed off in the second to last episode?

Or were they so delusional in thinking anyone still wanted to watch this shit, that they were planning on doing spin-off's/movies?

Here's a better ending: those guys from Funny Games show up and Dexter spends the season tracking them down and killing them.

I think it was the whole last season like
said because of the divorce as well

they could have easily made a movie and made a shit ton of money if the actors werent so burned out

>the whole show turned to shit after season 4 since they fired the previous writers and hired almost all female writers (one of them even wrote the twilight movies lel)
JfC I never knew of this. No wonder the quality dropped drastically after the Trinity season.

The good seasons are still good to rewatch.

I personally thought the Travis Marshall season was decent, and it's actually a better watch knowing that the professor is dead and Travis was just an insane nutball the entire time.

Anything after Harrison is born is weird to rewatch because for how much he supposedly loves his son so much, he is just a minor little set piece he pawns off onto a baby sitter 23 hours 45 minutes a day. Before giving him away to anotger serial killer.

season 1-4 watchable

5-8 forget it never happened.

>Season 3 watchable

No.

>5
>unwatchable

My fucking sides

fuckin Doakes was the best, killed way too soon

>creepy motherfucker

Was season 5 lumen or Travis Marshall?

Because the lumen season was fucking terrible.

Season five was Lumen.

My god, she was a terrible fucking character.

With the way her story ended, having her come back instead of Hannah would have created a better ending if you kept everything the same.

It was an utter mess. They had the obvious finale plot of Dexter being found out and on the run. That was plenty of material in itself.
Instead they decided to add in a new villain of the season. Stupid but still could work. That ended up going nowhere, hell I can't remember how that resolved. What would have been fun is if they made the Russian mafia after dexter. Yeah its goofy but it is an element we had never seen, Dexter vs a criminal organisation. Dexter could have not been found out by the police but have his life ruined by the mafia, a thing he never thought about before. Coujld have been another gang if they wanted.
Really the finale should have been him either in jail or being killed in some way.
The show left so many lose ends. He just dumped his kid. Is Harrison going to grow up a murderer? It was implied he was. They could have had Dexter not found out and then final episode is a timeskip and him and Harrison are a killing team, or Harrison kills him.
I mean I could go on, every end was writing itself, either decent or campy but still fun. Literally any ending would have made more sense than the one thwy gave us and if they wanted it open for a sequel atleas half the potential endings would have allowed it.

he should have been caught and the spin-off be in prison were he uses his skills to kill in mates to make enough money to give to his kid cos that retard woman he left her with obv had a breakdown and fled the country

then the next season is set 40 years later and he's let out of prison and he gets weird messages and it turns out its batista and he never got over it all and he's on the hunt but they're old so it's funny

Someone else said it, I think they didn't kill him in case they wanted to do a spin-off or go back to the show (like Prison Break did) should they ever want to do that.

Yeah I said at the and, if they wants him alive for a spin off, there were loads of more logical choices to choose.

>He makes it to Argentina
> Fast forward a couple years
>Dex wakes up
>Finds Hannah dead
>Awkward teenaged Harrison in the corner covered in blood
>Dex smiles
>Then looks at the camera an shruggs as the music from curb your enthusiasm starts playing

A better ending that actually sets up a spin off, and it took me 30 seconds to think of.