Who's the greatest and most patrician band in history of rock music, and why is it pic related?

Who's the greatest and most patrician band in history of rock music, and why is it pic related?

Attached: 202b2c82d5a9d97d7625d20d10912f36.jpg (736x736, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-LBD_q0sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1t4KLOm7pO0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There isn't one. There are multiple contenders to the throne, and no particular reason to pick just one as "the greatest".

>greatest
possibly, depending on the definition
might be hard for them to beat the Stones though
>most patrician
nah
too subjective anyway

*blocks your path*

Attached: blacksabbath.jpg (1200x828, 195K)

zep defininely kills the stones

Attached: 68afbed140be582fcdce92ff8e0cf580.jpg (500x360, 26K)

They are top as far as standard, non experimental rock goes.

Fuck when is this from? Late 80s?

>Stones
Not even close dude

Yes it's 89 or 90

>Provides no counter.

Right, so, Keef is master styling guitarist.

hi retard

Attached: StoogesRawPower.jpg (300x300, 27K)

But it's not, OP.

I'd go with Sabbath over Zeppelin for sure. But what about Yes?

>Led Zeppelin
I can understand why you might think they're awesome if you're a 13 year old who's only exposure to rock music is AC/DC and sellout Metallica

Yes is closer to GOAT rock band than most but lets humour your typical rocker and stick to entry level normal rock music.

Yes doesn’t even top sabbath. King Crimson on the other hand tops both

Most underrated zep song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-LBD_q0sQ
John Bonham is one of the greatest drummers ever.

*blocks his path*

Attached: d010838b5aab01ab2bd7ea82d155e73c.jpg (1360x2020, 1.52M)

All these fags saying that Sabbath is better than led zep are fucking hilarious.
Every single song by sabbath is based on 4 power chords, where at least Jimmy Page had a little variety in his playing style.
Ozzy's vocals are dog shit too.
Led Zep has more song variation, better riffs and Robert Plant is an amazing singer compared to Ozzy. Both bands have excellent drums, solos and bass guitarists.
For me though, off the top of my head, I'd pick Yes, King Crimson and (though not very patrician) the Mothers above Led Zep.

Attached: mothers of invention.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Led Zeppelin ripped off other artists so they're obviously garbage

>muh variety
the sign of an absolute pleb

Been through a ton of prog; including most entry level prog and after the initial prog hype wore off, I found that Yes, not Crimson is the truly special band that I keep coming back to.

But then again I'm that guy who loves Camel's Rain Dances.

There's literally nothing wrong with including Zappa on your fave prog artists list.

Genuine examples of forced eclecticism faggotry is rampant on Sup Forums but not here.

Nice meme, they turned ancient blues songs into hard rock/metal songs that were completely different.

Ozzy had better lyrics, Plant's falsetto is horrid. Page played guitar better.

>stole all their classics
>greatest and patrician
kek

*single-handedly popularizes synthesizers in rock and makes keyboards cool*
Y'all can fuck off

Attached: keith-emerson-falconer-1972.jpg (450x309, 23K)

This is it though. Sabbath is the best rock band of all time

It's Soft Machine you mongs

Geezer wrote Sabbath's lyrics, not Ozzy.

*whose

As much as I love Moon and although he is my main drumming inspiration, he's not as good as Bonzo. Bonzo's power and finesse is the fuel that drives Led Zep.

Objectively I'd say they're pretty equal but it comes down to personal pref. Moon was much more entertaining and exciting, at least to me. Bonzo has legendary groove and feel, but it really just comes down to what you look for in a drummer.

>I'd go with Sabbath over Zeppelin

I dont understand this...Zep had a much broader more diverse pallet than Sabbath...dont get me wrong I love me some Sabbtah but industrial dirges from B-ham are not in the same league as the broad strokes that Zep painted with

>Ozzy had better lyrics

wew lad.

it's thin lizzy

Paranoid is the best album between the two discographies (Moby Dick > Rat Salad, though) but Zeppelin were better overall.

I love LZ, but the band you're looking for is The Velvet Underground

Name a better Bonham performance, pro tip: you can't.
youtube.com/watch?v=1t4KLOm7pO0

hey everyone guess what: turns out it's Thin Lizzy

Attached: R-1956040-1437346009-1195.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 133K)

>patrician
>stole all of their riffs

no real most patrician rock band is gonna be all white people, that's just not how it works

>>stole all of their riffs

not a factual statement.

Fake news.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U

This is something they “stole”, an ancient three minute folk song that’s just lyrics with a steady guitar in the background. They turned it into a 7 or 8 minute hard rock heavy metal song with tons of instrumentation.

yeah this is the only right answer, the rest is just bickering

It's these two bands and you know it. Their masterpieces were recorded in the same studio which makes it symbolic.

Attached: pink_beatles.png (807x383, 457K)

>Page played guitar better.
kek
Iommi blows Page out the fucking water, especially post-Ozzy Sabbath