It works as an enjoyable horror movie despite the director's intention

It works as an enjoyable horror movie despite the director's intention.

what was his intention?

Piss off viewers who thought they were going to see a horror movie.

The film is basically meant to scold/lecture anyone who enjoys violent films.

>enjoyable
what movie did you watch? Clearly not the one I watched

That people love violence, you could save the family by simply turning off the movie but don't because you subconsciously want to see them suffer

To make a retarded horror movie that waves its finger at you for liking retarded horror movies.

It's not enjoyable and it's not clever.
I don't see the appeal at all.

It's not though, you have to be an edgy retard to unironically enjoy it, you played yourself

>That people love violence, you could save the family by simply turning off the movie but don't because you subconsciously want to see them suffer
It can't possibly be that simple right? does Haneke think only retards watch his movies?

>"Anyone who leaves the cinema doesn't need the film, and anybody who stays does."
>-- Michael Haneke

to torture the audience by not giving them catharsis

op btfo

I really don't enjoy this movie. I love it, it's one of my favourites, but I don't enjoy watching it. Whenever I do it's an exercise in masochism. I've never seen anything so terrifying.

STOP ENJOYING VIOLENCE

never saw it, but i don't intent to after hearing about it. sounds like an old person who's up his own ass lecturing people that violence is bad m'kay. what a hack

>naomi watts tied up and gagged

You are correct

No it's not, there's no lecturing at all in the film and if you had watched the film without reading this thread, it wouldn't even occur to you that that was his intention.

The entire film is a lecture.

To point his finger at you and then wag it.