Michael Bay's next movie: Sci-fi dystopia where a US prez bankrupts all of America

>Described by sources as a “sci-fun” story rather than “sci-fi,” the tale is set in a dystopian future where a Donald Trump-like president has bankrupt America and China has called in its debts. The Asian giant now owns America and many Americans have immigrated to China looking for work.

>In this new world, a former American Force Recon member is hired by a Chinese billionaire to go into an American ghetto and rescue his daughter.

KEK bowing down to chinese cinema overlords.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universal-wins-bidding-war-michael-bay-produced-script-trump-like-dystopia-968359

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Bay
How will Drumpfkins ever recover?

Sounds fun desu

China owns Hollywood and they complain about Russia, lol.

Fucking transparent propaganda.

>"sci-fun"
>starting it with a Reddit pun
This is already a trainwreck.

It seemed like a yellow-scare movie, continuation of the "Japanese will own America in future" genre from the late 80s and early 90s (e.g. Demolition Man).

>Donald Trump-like president has bankrupt America

aren't corrupt politicians and greedy cooperations already doing that since decades? they don't need trump for that.

Holy shit, Hollywood is a joke

Trump should lock him up for selling out to the chinks. High Treason or something.

So this is essentially Michael Bay's Escape from Detroit?

Hopefully they wont.

>a former American Force Recon member is hired by a Chinese billionaire to go into an American ghetto and rescue his daughter

>the chink lady gets BLEACHED
>r/AsianMasculinity goes into [autistic screeching] mode

This is flopping hard in China right now. Blatant pandering doesn't work.

A Bay-directed Escape from New York? That could be fun

>japanese will own america
this shit was so weird. in almost every 90s movie there was a mention to japan simply cause they made a lot of cars and tvs.
now its china for some reason

Finally, the film that end's Bay's career.

How is it flopping in China? This is a legit question, I'm interested to know what's happening with it. When did it come out?

>random whore with obvious blue contact lens

Michael Bay sold his ass to the chinks, hopefully Trump kicks him out with the illegals

>In this new world, a former American Force >Recon member is hired by a Chinese billionaire to go into an American ghetto and rescue his daughter.

So Bay is stealing Carpenter's gig?

> bankrupt America and China has called in its debts
WOW IMAGINE IF THAT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE, THEY'D LITERALLY OWN US

>sci-fun

>steve harvey pic

Not entirely implausible 2bh. Although China calling in the debts would probably mean WW3.

ESCAPE FROM AMERICA

I made you a chart to explain the mentality from 1980 to 1995

The Japs crippled the U.S. steel industry, severely cut into U.S. auto companies' market share, became overwhelmingly dominant in the emerging consumer electronics industry, were buying U.S. bonds at an insane rate and then coming over and buying massive amounts of real estate. They still have the largest amount of foreign owned U.S. bonds in the world. They were rolling like a juggernaut and it took a while for them to burn out the pace they had managed and the burning out was because of a variety of factors that were hard to see at the time.

If China becomes a wealthy, developed country its going to be powerful just by having 1.4 billion wealthy, educated people within one border

The United States is so formidable because it has 325 million relatively wealthy and educated people within one border while the average Europoor is pottering around with seven or eight digit populations

The question is if the average Chinaman can really become as prosperous as the average Japanese or Korean citizen

wtf i loved bay after 13 hours for exposing CROOKED HILLARY but i hate bay now

Also, what happens when there are 100s of millions of educated Chinese that don't like an overbearing quasi-communist government?

In a best case growth scenario for them, the US will still be 80% as wealthy as China 30 years from now

Keep in mind that, for instance, at the peak of their power and influence the Soviet Union was only ever 30% as wealthy as the US

Japan is the biggest holder now.

second biggest

No, Japan overtook China as the biggest holder. It happened in 2015.

america is the biggest holder

I know that, I should've said Japan is the biggest foreign holder.

Nobody is really sure. The way China works right now, it's basically a compromise with its people: we give you economic growth, you don't complain about the brutal authoritarianism.

It's worked pretty well so far, but you can only deliver 7%+ GDP growth for so long...

we are both correct then

>This is what libshits actually believe

Its made 203 mil so far so I doubt it will flop. Prod Budget has not been made public but judging by those shitty effect it prob isn't much.

Literally this

Actually sounds awesome lol

>1700 years to build
no that's fine, just make up any random number

It's not really a unique plot. It's pretty much what the Patriots series by James Wesley Rawles is about.

FUCK YOU

corrupt politicians and greedy politicians are good at keeping the rotting body alive until they have eaten their fill, trump will just straight up drive against a wall with the body in his trunk.
the car is labeled "inexperience", the body "US economy" and the wall is "reality"

>making a movie is high treason
how is that dystopian autocracy working out?

Thanks for really spelling your metaphor at the end there

>the mongols are LITERALLY DEMONS
this is like a worse 300

they just make better cars and electronics.
your fault for not keeping up.

don't forget the waifus

Didn't he just make a surprisingly good redpilled film about Benghazi?

you need to BECOME the cartoonist.

All the slums are filled with white rednecks armed to the teeth, constantly snorting meth and injecting phentanyl. All the good, decent americans are black and mexicans and they help our hero on his bloody path through the heartland.

I don't know why, but I laughed

>China has called in its debts
How is it that Hollywood writers don't have the vaguest understanding on how debt works?

We all know Bay has has no dignity. Dr. Seuss's books make you think more than a Bay film.

Funny enough, a lot the Fentanyl that is sold to junkies comes from China.

>Hollywood in charge of understanding anything.

We can only trust them with portraying cucking correctly.

They studied writing/film, not economics. Doesn't really matter either way, it's just a plot device so he can do a dystopian movie. You might as well complain that a zombie apocalypse isn't scientifically possible because they would all freeze/rot/be eaten by animals within like a month.

Because they know the general public doesn't know how this debt works.

>billionaire is inexperienced with economy

thanks for proving you're a retard

Their population went to shit, that's why they stopped.

But, user. For it to be Science Fiction it has to actually be "Fiction"

i like the idea that a foreign bondholder could just 'call in their debt' as if bonds can be cashed in at any moment.

Not really, their economy went to shit long before they hit this demographic crisis. The bubble popped all the way back in 1990.

It was built in chunks by different dynasties, 200s BC to 1600s AD.

I know. Do these people live in fear that the bank will suddenly "call in" their mortgage or something?

People think law is binding. It's not. Law only exists if you have the power to enforce it.

China says it want its money. The US says no, WTF are they going to do? Conquering the US is an impossibility and the cost would bankrupt any nation. Especially when most of their money comes from the people you're attacking.

What caused them to burn out, then?

>People think law is binding. It's not.
NEVER POST AGAIN.

There is no law to "call in" a bond. You are YET ANOTHER person who does not understand the basic concepts behind simple forms of debts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble

I kind of liked The Rover where it's a financial collapse scenario so it could be interesting because it hasn't really been explored.

>China has called in its debts
That's not how bonds work. China's been selling off its US debt since 2014 anyway.