Tenure at NYU
>Phoebe
Masseuse

Did the writers hate Phoebe?

Other urls found in this thread:

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Junior_Copywriter/Salary
youtube.com/watch?v=X5LPuZrQryc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They implied numerous times masseuse was just slang for prostitute.

Why should a hippie retarded woman with no qualifications have a high paying job? Because it's her turn? Fuck off.

no

ross is a big guy

I thought Phoebe was the hottest one.

none of those sounds particularly impressive

What do you do for a living?

junior consultant at a law firm

The show should have been called Friends & Ross

>Fired for making out with a client
>Shocked when a client touched her

Phoebe was shafted in multiple ways, she had no particularly compelling character arcs outside of the pregnancy which was fairly early on

Her relationship with Paul Rudd was also shitty too and the fact that paired her off with a celebrity guest star shows how little interest they really had for her

I'd argue she had the least amount of good dynamics with the other five too, did she even have any chemistry with Ross and Chandler come to think of it

If Ross and Rachel ended up with each other, and Monica and Chandler ended up with each other, I wanted Joey and Phoebe to end up together.

I can't remember who said it, but either the cast or the writers said that they believe that Joey and Phoebe hooked up over the course of the series.

how in the fuck could any of those jobs pay for those downtown Manhattan apartments? Besides Rachel cuz I know her parents were carrying her

Chandler was the regional director of his firms national statistical and data analytical organisation. He then changed careers to advertising so it's understandable that he was lower peg.

Rachel was always middle of the peg in the fashion industry and that was heavy flirting with her bosses. She just dressed slutty.

Ross has a mental breakdown and was fired from the New York Natural History museum. It's amazing he found work at all.

During the entire series Phoebe does nothing to progress her career instead of focusing on being random and quirky. She'd have been priced out of New York before the show ended.

Why does Ross, the largest friend, not simply eat the other five?

With the exception of Phoebe, all of those jobs pay pretty well.

I'm pretty sure soap opera actors get paid fuck all but enjoy the 20 year contracts. Don't remember Monica's restaurant but "head chef" can mean "head chef at the corner ribs place". And Chandler never struck you as particularly high up the ladder either

Pretty sure Ross and Joey could afford it too. Monica might have also, but I can't remember what sort of restaurant she owned. If it was a classy one, then yeah, most likely she could. Chandler, I don't know since I have no clue what a junior copywriter at an advertising firm makes.

>Still, though, an apartment the size of Monica's would clearly go for a lot more — we're talking in the $5000/month range, at least, and that's if you get lucky. Monica's apartment was about 1,500 square feet, for reference; here's a Brooklyn place that's 1,400 sq. ft, and runs $5,000 a month.

Joey never paid his rent, chandler paid it for him and he had a good job,

Monica's flat was rent controlled from her grandmother. So it was cheap

Ross could afford his own flat with tenure from NYU

Rachel and phoebe I can't answer, I think phoebe inherited it from her grandmother?

Did you know that Ross also was in Band of Brothers but not as the friend Ross but another person. Turns out therres an actor called David Swimmer who played both Ross and army man.

>Don't remember Monica's restaurant but "head chef" can mean "head chef at the corner ribs place"
It was a pretty upscale place. Don't you remember the episode where Phoebe plays outside?
>And Chandler never struck you as particularly high up the ladder either
I guess. But his and Monica's apartment was rent controlled.

Ross was never in the army. He was a dinosaur man. Next you'll be telling us he was a giraffe which is impossible because Ross is a human.

monica's was, when chandler was living with joey it wasn't

That's what I meant.

Don't worry. I caught your Futurama reference. Sick references, bro.

Can't blame them, who doesn't hate Phoebe?

>did she even have any chemistry with Ross and Chandler come to think of it

I'm pretty sure she had some episodes with Ross, but I don't remember any with Chandler. Chandler also seemed to barely interact with Rachel

You just know that Phoebe offered happy endings to be able to pay the rent each month.

She was probably very ashamed and that's why she always acted quirky and weird.

they can never find out that i do these things..

>I'm very happy were gonna be having all the sex.

there's always one fuck up in a group

I pretend her mom left her a bunch of money, but not Ursula, that's why she's so cunty.

>I pretend

Reality is that Phoebe always shed a tear when the guy grunted at the end.

>do it for the rent..
>do it for the rent..
>i'll sleep warm tonight..

You trying to turn me on?

I think I know what smelly cat is really about now.

Phoebe and Chandler interacted all the time. She used to bully him to try to man him up, but in a light hearted way. She was also one of the first to find out about Monica/Chandler I believe, and there were several episodes revolving around Phoebe and Chandler, the one where she tries to seduce him and the one where she helps him pick out the wedding ring.

Don't really recall much Chandler/Rachel, other than when Rachel starts smoking and Chandler talks to her about that

>Sticky hands, Sticky hands.
>What are you paying me?
>I'm obviously not your favorite slut..

There were a couple when Chandler was dating Rachels boss

right right, that one where he gets locked in her office

>Don't really recall much Chandler/Rachel
Weren't they about to fuck on a pool table?

>the one where she tries to seduce him

For someone who was always acting like a hippie she sure played the role of seductress well.

Me thinks Phoebs indeed made her money on the side.

>The average pay for a Junior Copywriter is $39,840 per year.

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Junior_Copywriter/Salary

For a 30 something year old man in NYC with over a decade of work experience and two kids and a house (by the final episode), he's making as much as a fairly average graduate scheme.

lol no

Right after a nice meal.

>it's a fat chandler season

Just face reality man, Phoebe was always so weird cuz she was having wild coke fueled sex romps with clients at night.
so during the day she was hopped up on stimulants trying to do her masseuse job and pretend to her friends that she was just a little wacky.

I doubt Rachel or Phoebe paid much towards rent. The Gellars were fucking loaded. Son gets a phd paid for. Daughter gets plastic surgery. They fret over who's getting Dad's Porsche.

They were definitely paying that rent.

Epic just Epic.

Monicas apartment was rent controlled, they were paying something like $400 a month. It used to belong to her grandmother. Pretty sure when she moved out that apartment stayed in the Gellar family if you know what I mean.

>It's a Matthew Perry relapses season

Do you not remember the episode where she bites that juicy manbutt?

>Masseuse
>Lives alone in a big apartment in NYC with unlimited disposable income
Get your head out of your ass user, Phoebe sold drugs to kids

>Chandler/Rachel
What about the one with all the Cheesecake?

Was it all an act to keep the cops from finding out?

Can we discuss funniest pairings for a minute?

Obviously Chandler/Joey was the funniest but Monica/Ross was underused and underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=X5LPuZrQryc

>Hurricane Gloria didn't break the porch swing MONICA DID

>I WANT TO GOOOOO

>Ursula can we talk?
>Is this about putting the band back together?
>You mean our lesbian sister shtick that we used to do for those Japanese business men?
>Yep.
>Sorry no I can't do that anymore, you're my sister and it felt weird to go down on you every night.
>You never complained!
>How could I? you were always on top.

>Men's shirt and no pants
Hnnnnnnnng

Literally the only time Lisa Kudrow was attractive

Bag lady during the day, High class prostitute at night.

The ultimate disguise.

This had the most chance of a spinoff, but no we got Joey.