Who is "the last jedi"?

Who does the title refer to? I mean everyone must automatically assume that it's Luke but as in the past perhaps the title references something other than what would be the obvious. Maybe Luke dies and someone takes his place as the last remaining jedi? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76920326/
srv-file1.gofile.io/download/yXcQAG/dc8197c506cfee673b773497d8d782d2/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's Kylo Ren. He'll turn to the light.

Either Luke dies and it's Rey, or "Jedi" is plural.

just like samurai, jedi doesnt have to be singular so who knows.

The opening crawl to Force Awakens name Luke as the last jedi.

luke dies rey is the last jedi

STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD

If all his pupils are dead or turned than Luke is the last Jedi.
The film can just have him be a major part of the plot and not die and the title still technically rings true.

You don't understand. Currently yes, Luke is the last jedi. There is a possibility that he dies in this next film and then he wouldn't be the last jedi, someone could replace him and the title could instead be about that person who is then the last jedi. Or he could just survive as says, which is very likely

What about all the Jedi Luke trained on Yavin?
What about Kyle Katarn, and Jaden Korr?

Kylo is too much of a bumbling fucktard to have killed them all.

Either Darth Vader or Yoda.

>implying a few months of training makes you a jedi

Fuck off nigger. Luke was never nor could ever be a jedi.

Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded

Isn't Luke the last Jedi? He returned. There are no other Jedi, ergo he is the last one. Right?

Or are they telling us that Luke dies and that Rey is trained as a Jedi and ultimately achieves this title during the course of this instalment?

Kudos, of sorts, to Disney though, as we are discussing the implications of their title.

Kylo killed 'em all in a fit of teen angst!!!

Luke was the last Jedi in Return of the Jedi.

Jedi is plural.

should have been called "The Last Apprentice"

luke has been training with darth maul who has reformed and become a jedi but then luke dies so darth maul is the last jedi

>What about Kyle Katarn, and Jaden Korr?

No longer canon.

Indeed. I read a rumor that it was going to be either Echoes of the Dark Side or the Jedi Temple and I thought both were pretty hackneyed. Here's hoping we're thrown a curveball and Rey dies, giving Luke the reins of the rest of the story. Yeah, not gonna happen, but maybe he doesn't end up dead by the end of the series, hopefully.

Dark Forces series is no longer canon, the jewmouse killed it.

This is the best possible twist this movie could have. Kylo turns to the light while Rey is seduced by it, meaning he could end that fucking Mary Sue that Jew Jew Abrams spawned.

Someone leaked the script with the correct title last month

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76920326/

link to script srv-file1.gofile.io/download/yXcQAG/dc8197c506cfee673b773497d8d782d2/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII.pdf

Yoda conferred the title of Knight to Luke contingent on him facing Vader, which he did.
Did you even watch the movies family?

Maybe this is Disneys way of psychologically preparing us, in advance, for Luke's death.

To be fair, I don't mind the title.

I just want some fucking force ghosts in this one!!!!!

you got a mirror, 403 forbiddden for me

>pdf download in the archive link is also down

Well shit