How does Sup Forums feel about Rush?

How does Sup Forums feel about Rush?

Attached: rush_002-smallcrop.jpg (1145x700, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tPzA4hqHj2s
youtube.com/watch?v=b_snbJdLhzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they suck at Rock Band
youtube.com/watch?v=tPzA4hqHj2s

All time GOATs

very good, moving pictures is their best imo.

Extremely underrated on Sup Forums. Going strong for 40 years while still creating worthwhile music long past what would be considered their "prime". All three members are some of the most talented rock musicians on their respective instruments. Geddy Lee is a god among men. Easily one of the best rock bands of all time. Extremely sad I never got to see them live, I dismissed them as cheesy sub-par dad-rock for most my life and only really got into them around 2015 when they stopped touring.

First band I ever saw live. Probably my favorite, but I don't really listen to them much anymore purely because i've listened to their entire catalogue hundreds of times.

My dad's favorite band.

I saw them live for their R40 tour and now I can't listen to them on-record anymore because the sheer power just doesn't come through in pressing.

God-tier "dadrock" in every way.

>only really got into them around 2015 when they stopped touring
At least you got into them at all. Literally one of the most rewarding bands from a listening perspective. I was able to catch shows from their last three tours and they were very worth it even though obviously they were far from their peak.

they're pretty great. subdivisions is my favorite song of theirs and i don't know why

Were you cast out because you didn't conform?

absolutely not. Moving Pictures is a decent album I guess but the best Rush album is A Farewell to Kings

are you canadian?

Can't stand them after Moving Pictures, but that's just because I can't do Synths.

One of the best bands of the 70s and early 80s. 2112 - A Farewell To Kings - Hemispheres - Permanent Waves - Moving Pictures - Signals is one of the most god-tier album runs ever. People who dismiss them as dadrock are the biggest plebs imaginable.

>Implying they have any good songs
Dude they're pleb tier prog. The only tolerable songs are off Hemispheres and 2112's opening (which rips of Tchaikovsky)

Unironically kys fripposter
>dismissing an entire band’s discography for the sake of being muh enlightened contrarian

>implying i blindly love Fripp
I enjoy most of their albums, KC, but nit all. Also ive heard all their albums up to Grace Under Pressue (or the one after that). But yeah.... They're for those who cant /into/prog bru. People I know who don't even like Prog like them.
>inb4 I'm accused of like ELP (the literal trash hole)

Grace Under Pressure, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, my favorites

Easily a top 5 favorite for me.

>top 10 Rush albums
1. Permanent Waves
2. Hemispheres
3. Signals
4. A Farewell To Kings
5. Moving Pictures
6. Caress of Steel
7. 2112
8. Grace Under Pressure
9. Fly By Night
10. Rush

youtube.com/watch?v=b_snbJdLhzk

Prog is 90% garbage. Rush is not really Prog, which explains why they're so good.

A Farewell To Kings [Mercury, 1977]

The most obnoxious band currently making a killing on the zonked teen circuit--not to be confused with Mahogany Rush who at least spare us the reactionary gentility. Imagine a power trio Kansas or Uriah Heep with the vocals cranked up an octave. Or two. D+

Attached: christgau4.jpg (300x225, 24K)

They were only truly prog for like 3 albums out of their 19, and definitely had a much greater ability to transition to more streamlined sound unlike their contemporaries like Yes and Genesis. I love prog but dismissing a band because they aren't prog enough is idiotic.

Incredibly boring, I can't get through a single song of theirs

Why hasn't this guy died of terminal penis cancer yet?

They were the band that really got me interested in music. I first heard about them after ready Ready Player One a few years ago

Truth here.
A Farewell to Kings especially is a masterpiece.

Grace Under Pressure is my fav, followed by Signals, THEN Moving Pictures.

God Christgau is insufferable, he's the original contrarian shitbag.

I've always wanted to honk Geddy Lee's huge Jew nose. It just looks so honkable.

first concert I ever went to, and my favorite dad-rock era band.

>Implying Uriah Heep are shit
Fuck outta here