Thoughts on Fat White Family? Never seen them discussed on here

Thoughts on Fat White Family? Never seen them discussed on here

Attached: fwf.jpg (1024x768, 620K)

Music for middle-aged Guardian readers who want to feel contemporary and in on "cool kid" alt-culture. Drab, derivative, dishonest.
Whatever slight musical appeal I may have found in their weak-ass Fall/Country Teasers pilfering(listen to the fucking Country Teasers now, listen to everything Ben Wallers has ever done right fucking now goddamnit) evaporated when I read some interview with the lead guy and realized that the guy is the literal, textbook definition of a rich kid slumming it in the big city and then crawling back to daddy and mommy whenever the going gets a bit too tough. These dudes make Iceage(not a band I've got anything against on any level, but they are very slick nowadays) look like Flux Of Pink Indians by comparison.

Fuck this band and fuck Sleaford Mods as well.

chris ott is saving this board

>fuck Sleaford Mods as well
they're phony too?

link to interview/can you explain more how they're rich kids? they definitely look like twats in the op. also whats the deal with sanford mods?

iceage has always been slick early on they were doing shit like selling locks of hair at their merch table

what's wrong with sleaford mods

>Music for middle-aged Guardian readers who want to feel contemporary and in on "cool kid" alt-culture
sums them up nicely

I agree that Sleaford Mods are shite, but I enjoy a fair amount of Fat White's stuff

How to into Iceage?

probably just start with their first album that helped them achieve indie buzz band status and go from there. just know they were never doing anything new or interesting and they suck and are phony

Ok, so not worth listening to?

dude you can listen to them if you want and make up your own mind. i personally think they suck but dont let me or Sup Forums police what bands are authentic/cool for you

just pull up the first album on spotify/youtube and listen for a bit i dont like them based on what they sound like and the background info i know

It's not so much that they're inauthentic(which I don't think they are, or at least I don't think they were), it's the speed at which they jumped at the opportunity to become little dancing monkey entertainers for the aforementioned middle-aged Guardian readers who want a taste of what "real people"(meaning their highly romanticized image of the lower classes, the same lower classes with which they still prefer to have as little contact as possible) are like. They've willingly made a commodified novelty band of themselves. They're a T-shirt, and at this point I don't see reason to take them any more seriously than I'd take Pale Waves.

The music is a fucking bore as well, let's be honest.

>just know they were never doing anything new or interesting and they suck and are phony

Their first two records capture the romantic violence of youth better and with more lived experience than most high-profile P4Kpunk records put out during this decade.
However much that might mean to someone who wasn't then and there and of the right age when New Brigade and You're Nothing came out, I couldn't say.

more like Fat Kike Family

>However much that might mean to someone who wasn't then and there and of the right age when New Brigade and You're Nothing came out, I couldn't say.
might point was that icceage really isn't superior to the fat whites in authenticity and the fact that you liked them in 2011 and are more able to contextualize them than me or whatever doesn't change that. fat whites and iceage are equally slick

Not really desu
Stop being a cuck

Damn you got it in one lad

fpbp

>Fuck this band and fuck Sleaford Mods as well.
Yeah, I always got a similar impression with them. Like, aren't they from Grantham originally, before deciding they'd be from Notts instead? Grantham's hardly downmarket.

>They played before you at Glastonbury in 2015, did you see them?
>[Starts laughing maniacally] They got a bit cheeky so they were taught a lesson, I don’t think they’re fans anymore. They came and sat next to us and thought they were it. Big mistake. I was giving a glass of champagne to the lads before we went on and one of them just walks up and I just threw it in his face. He was showing off and there was a bit of a standoff. [4] I like the stuff of theirs I’ve heard though. It was a pretty weird day that, the Dalai Lama was there.

Attached: Mark_E_Smith_KING.jpg (1500x955, 182K)

Based

Well, I like em

Name our band

howler

legend