Watching this for the first time...

Watching this for the first time. Pic related has been either nearly raped or sexually assaulted in every episode so far (I'm 7 episodes in). Wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_life_of_Gene_Roddenberry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's up with so many people (presumably younger people) watching Star Trek for the first time, lately?

i'm 26 and i started TNG last month

It's because of the reboots.

She leaves after season 1 because Gene Roddenberry raped her in real life. Very sad business.

They are on Netflix for one thing. So easy access allowed a new audience. I wouldn't have seen DS9 if not for that.

It was a different time.

>when she gets almost raped by the savage part of Kirk and she then is the one apologizing and saying she understood the needs of the captain

what the fuck, rape culture was real back then

It was the best of times

It actually was.
Which is why people who throw that term around are so disgusting. Very disrespectful to the victims.

Kek yeah she's like "I wouldn't have told anyone"

It's a shame how forgotten Janice is by modern Trek "fans".

wait I thought she was called Yeoman

>Pic related has been either nearly raped or sexually assaulted in every episode so far
yeah good innit

Yeoman Janice Rand. It's her station on the ship.

I thought that pointy ears dude was called Spong until I was corrected by my wife's son

I read this as my son's wife for some reason. Not even dyslexic.

Gene loved rape.

Wait until you see Turnabout Intruder

Well wouldn't you? Look at her...

It just got on Netflix, I'm watching it for the first time too.

When does Kirk become a libido-driven cowboy like I heard so much about? So far he's pretty chill, smart and assertive, a true leader. Also when does he start speaking weird?

Seriously I went in expecting a completely different show. But it's still good, surprised how even the boringest episode like Mudd's Women manages to still be "about something".

I guess she played the damsel in distress role during her time on the show, always needing to be saved.

>When does Kirk become a libido-driven cowboy like I heard so much about

A lot of the memes you hear about TOS are mostly based around the shit that the fans came up with out of boredom during the quarter-century between it and TNG

Isn't there one episode where he beds a green woman that got referenced so much people began thinking it was a constant occurrence? I know for a fact Family Guy did this. In one episode Stewie mentions captain Kirk "seducing green women" as if it happened all the time and in Futurama's Trek themed episode Shatner makes out with Leela after seducing her as if that was a common thing for Kirk to do.

>It just got on Netflix
wrong

Why didn't that intense teenager boy with the meme powers just will Janice to be his slut?

Because he hadn't realized the full potential of his powers. He was close, though. Remember when he made that lady's face disappear? Go back and watch that again. It's 100% legit disturbing. I'm curious to know how people reacted to that when it first aired.

It gets a bit campier in the second season, but that is also when the relationships between main characters feels a bit more fleshed out

He never does.

Kirk only sexes up women when he has amnesia or mind control or other shit. Otherwise, he stays loyal to his true love, the only real woman in his life, The Enterprise.

>Pic related

Grace Lee Whitney , yeah she dissapeared after the 13th episode. There were rumors she had a drug problem which I think she later admitted. She also wrote a book claiming Roddenberry raped her at a party.

she was raped by in real life by an executive too

Yeah, was recently watching the first dozen or so episodes with my dad. Seriously, Yeoman being nearly raped or assaulted was seriously actually a plot point in every episode.

And even beyond that, everyone was constantly lusting after her and referring to her hotness and nudging each other around her.

>that episode where Kirk complains about having a beautiful Yeoman and how he should be fucking her instead of caring about space

Why are so many Star Trek fans convicted pedophiles?

>Remember when he made that lady's face disappear?
fucking loved the tone of that episode

Voyager is pro-pedophilia propaganda. Too many impressionable nerds saw what Neelix was doing and thought they could get away with it too.

yeoman janice was a hottie man.

I think its implied she had a crush on him though before that

Yeoman is a rank, not a first name, retard.

kirk can't rape because every women ends up liking it no matter what.

Star Trek OS was comfy as fuck, but a lot of season 3 was repetitive for my taste.

Rand eventually comes back in the later TOS movies and then Janeway assaults her and steals her clothes in an episode of Voyager.

Yo man, is a black callsign. Usually used for corner boys. Yo Man, where's Wallace at?

Proof or fuck off.

>Brewis first ensured Whitney was sitting before telling her the news that the decision had been made to remove Rand from Star Trek, with Whitney about to be written out of the show and with no intent to replace her. (The Longest Trek: My Tour of the Galaxy, p. 9) In reply to Whitney asking why this choice had been made, Brewis relayed to her that he had been told Rand's romantic relationship with Captain Kirk was becoming too obvious and that – because the network NBC insisted on depicting Kirk having a more varied romantic life with numerous women played by a succession of guest-starring actresses – it would seem Rand was being cheated on by him, if her relationship with him was too intense. (The Longest Trek: My Tour of the Galaxy, p. 9; The Making of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, p. 120; The Best of Trek, p. 178) It was obvious to Whitney that this reasoning was the opposite of what the executive who had violated her had said the previous Friday night: that Rand's relationship with Kirk could be strengthened and that many story possibilities would result from expanding the participation of the Rand character on the show. Brewis told Whitney, "You have a contract for thirteen episodes. You'll have one more episode to shoot. You can finish out your contract, and then you'll be through." (The Longest Trek: My Tour of the Galaxy, p. 9)

>where's Wallace at?
I'm watching the 1st season of Star Trek (1966) and I just got done watching the episode where Kirk schools Spock in three-dimensional chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when Kirk was lecturing Spock about the chess pieces, he was really foreshadowing THEM being the pawns of Lieutenant-Commander Gary Mitchell! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say Star Trek: The Original Series is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy do a great job hiding their Jewish accents.

>that episode where kirk breaks down in tears saying he'll never find true love because of his responsibility as a captain

He doesn't really. A lot of people skip TOS so they just recite the same bullshit everyone else spouts.

>Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this?
"Spock's Brain" is laced with metaphor.

That scene where Spock implies she liked it to her face.

That's ignoring all the times Gene sexually assaulted her off screen too.

It was a different time, a better time.

young picard and neelix are true the rapists of star trek.

Wait until you get to the episode where a computer playing war games with another computer from a different planet results in people from both planet going into suicide boxes.

It says a lot about the wars we have today.

Or that episode where Kirk sticks it to the Klingons with hamsters.

Pretty sure that user was being sarcastic, but I never put together that connection until now. That's crazy.

>the feminists are revolting

I don't understand these two pictures. What was the intention?

>Also the acting is amazing. William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy do a great job hiding their Jewish accents.

Sup Forums approved

I fucking loved that episode. Tribbles are the greatest trolls.

Why did you post her? She wasn't sexually assaulted in the one episode she was in.

She's just one of the best TOS grills

That's the dude who played Charley X as a kid, if I'm not mistaken.

I liked her fine but I would have preferred Paramount didn't scraped pic related. Audiences at the time and the producers hated her character because they couldn't conceive of a female who was highly intelligent, quite, had actual rank, and wasn't being an overly emotional romantic twat all the time.

Yeah, apparently women hated her. Kinda funky when you think about it.

If she was the first officer, would that mean no Spock? On one hand, she'd probably have a very interesting chemistry with Kirk. On the other, Leonard Nemoy is supreme.

I'd rather have Spock and a separate pair of tits than some epic "will they?!" companion. Good call getting rid of her.

>Trek fandom was basically a Sup Forums general thread that went through a 25 year offseason
good god

he would have been the Science Officer like in the pilot

I mean, he was still the science officer first but he was also the first officer

Keep in mind, Star Trek fan fiction was the origin of Mary Sue herself.

If she was the first officer, would that mean no Spock? On one hand, she'd probably have a very interesting chemistry with Kirk. On the other, Leonard Nemoy is supreme.
Spock was already the science officer and a major part of the bridge when she was there, so Spock would have been a huge character no mater what happened. I would have liked to have seen the interactions between them.

Nothing you just fucking said made any sense you dumb faggot.

>When does Kirk become a libido-driven cowboy like I heard so much about?

Only in hindsight. When you add up how many women he was involved with over the whole show, it comes out to a lot.

This also means that he would have been beamed down and gone on adventures just the same, but with added Number One sometimes. It also would have been nice since she would have probably been the only woman not interested in fucking Kirk besides Uhura.

Nurse Chapel was okay but she was a far cry from Number One.

>Yeah, apparently women hated her. Kinda funky when you think about it
Just goes to show you that the one thing still keeping women down in this country, is other women.

Plot twist: It was her idea.

Everything you know is a lie.

>Paramount
Had nothing to do with Star Trek at the time.

>audiences
They didn't get to see The Cage.

>hated her character
Actually, Desilu (read: Lucille fucking Ball) and NBC loved the character. The problem was that Gene had cast Majel, his extramarital mistress. They did not approve of that casting couch shit, so they told him to get rid of her.

Gene made up the story of the executives not liking the concept of Number One in order to spare Majel's feelings.

Source: Solow and Justman

I would mention Holodecks, but that only came with TNG.

Maybe they wish they could colonize a new world, where their kind wouldn't be hunted down and killed.

Space is like a desert island. But infinite.

the hair is ridiculous and the uniform looks like the wrong material, but nothing wrong with those pantyhose and boots

>Majel, his extramarital mistress.
I didn't know that actually? However, not that I approve of extramarital shit, but I don't know why that would have mattered since a lot of people did shit like that back then and got away with it.

>They did not approve of that casting couch shit, so they told him to get rid of her.
I don't know why they would care about this either. As long as she was a good actor and played her part well, what difference did it make?

They should live with that one race where the longer you live the younger you get. Then they would just be fucking people their own age but young looking.

>that one race

Which series is that?

one is a soccer player the other one is a bad guy from Stargate SG-1

>tfw watching TOS first time with dad
>see this

Why even ask the question?

With a concept as dumb as that, you know it's Voyager.

I think TNG had a race like that and TOS had one in the cartoon when they went into the backward universe.

And that's not the Mirror Universe im referring to.

Gene was apparently a fucking asshole who slept with anything that was decent looking and had a vagina.

He was literally fucking Uhura around the same time he was fucking Majel and they both knew it.

>Gene was fucking Uhura

The more you know...

Gene was a complete fucking degenerate and the best Trek doesn't have his name on it.

The more I know about the guy the worse he continues to become and his own son knew it that's why the only documentary he did on his father painted him as a philandering, hypocritical, self-serving, degenerate, doped up, alcoholic, grand-standing egotist.

I'd thank him for a singular thing if forced to and that's for creating the Star Trek universe.

It's possible for a god to be a prime mover and turn into Satan after the Garden of Eden breaks down.

No that doesn't fit because it would suggest we didn't know he was fucking Eve while Adam watched.

You should read his Wiki. That shit is just rife with the reality TV type shit that he did. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_life_of_Gene_Roddenberry

>want to learn more about Star Trek
>grab a book
>it's The Fifty-Year Mission: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Star Trek
>it turns out that the "oral" part refers to Gene's sexcapades
The more you know.

Holy shit! And I though Rick Burman was bad!

What the hell is it with Trek being so great and yet being associated with these fucking degenerate assholes?

Anyone here listen to mission log? Jon and Ken are really comfy

Star Trek is progressive by definition, forward looking, looking towards the future.

Progressives are degenerate by definition, moving beyond the past, towards the final frontier of degeneracy.

>tfw no gary seven spinoff

Hey, when did we switch to SG1?

i feel like star trek went off the rails when it started just being prequels and remakes and nothing new was being added. TNG in part was so popular because of the "wow" factor of the new gadgets the ship had

like for example the new "discovery" series coming out will be set way before kirk and co. again. i think that's a mistake. I think the next star trek should have technology so advanced its indistinguishable from magic, yknow put the fantasy back into it

that shit costs money.
there is a reason they keep going backwards.