Can I get a quick rundown on coen brothers?

Can I get a quick rundown on coen brothers?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/11/13/opinion/sunday/2016-election-thank-you-notes.html
skyfsh.tumblr.com/post/143324291215/raising-arizona-and-evil-dead-ii-a-colloquium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Used to be based until Ethan sperged out after Trump one and wrote an editorial that blamed everybody from Gary Johnson to Jimmy Fallon:

nytimes.com/2016/11/13/opinion/sunday/2016-election-thank-you-notes.html

So fucking cringy and pathetic that's honestly made me reconsider my adoration to their work

he was always the lesser one

i typed up this interview they did with sam raimi and a couple of other evil dead guys i got from an article because i liked it so much
please don't yell at me for using tumblr you'll see i don't use it for anything else

skyfsh.tumblr.com/post/143324291215/raising-arizona-and-evil-dead-ii-a-colloquium

From what I've seen, they've been illustrating the fact that life has no meaning through different stories.

dude lmao

Ethan is the brains, Joel is the grunt

yeah the article really shows his brain

From what I understand they're rumored to be in contact with aliens, and a bunch of other wacky shit.

You only got ETHANED

I heard the Coppolas bow to them

>(((Coen)))
Must be the first time in a decades long career but he's finally earning his parenthesis

They're great. They're at the very highest level of American filmmakers with Martin Scorsese & David Lynch. They've only made 2 films that aren't good (Intolerable Cruelty & The Ladykillers) and 15 films in the range between good and great.

If you haven't seen any of their films yet, "Fargo" or "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" would be a good introduction. What else do you want to know?

Are they bona-fide?

Ethan has a degree in philosophy from Princeton

they're brothers and they make movies such as Frago, No Country for Men, and Big Lebowski in Little China

>putting movie titles in quotes

pottery

Will Coengrad be the first city on mars or what

Quick rundown on the Coen Brothers

>Sony execs bow to Coens
>In contact with Stanley Kubrick
>Possess camera-like abilities
>Control Hollywood with an iron but fair fist
>Own theaters & studios globally
>Direct descendants of the Edision blood line
>Will bankroll the first 4D films (Suburbicoen will be be the first kino)
>Own 99% of film editing research facilities on Earth

Ah this was hilarious, you can tell the Coen'a practice so much of the humour you see in their films in real life funny guys

really makes you think

Dumb fucking Jews that should be gassed for making le quirky or copies of films.

Everything wrong with movies and their fans.

cunty cunt

Fucking kek

They saved cinema with one test footage

On the Criterion Blood Simple blu, the Coens and Barry Sonnenfeld do a full length commentary on the lighting of the film. Ethan barely contributed anything beyond anecdotes. Maybe his role really just was as a producer back then as credited, but Joel really comes off as the more significant one by a wide margin

>Of the Ones I've seen:
Raising Arizona - Great
Miller's Crossing - Really Good
Barton Fink - Really Good
The Hudsucker Proxy - Good
Fargo - GOAT
The Big Lebowski - Great
O Brother Where Art Thou? - Great
Intolerable Cruelty - Good
The Lady Killers - Bad
No Country For Old Men - Great
Burn After Reading - Really Bad
A Serious Man - Great
True Grit - Good
Inside Llewyn Davis - Really Good
Unbroken - Bad
Bridge of Spies - Bad
Hail, Caesar - Bad

I know I included movies that the Coen Bros didn't necessarily direct, but they were involved

Joel went to film school, Ethan went to films

>Intolerable Cruelty - Good
>The Lady Killers - Bad
WRONG

>Hail, Caesar - Bad
commie

Spielberg bows to them.

You know it to be true, user

The tone of this movie was all over the fucking place. It had no idea what it wanted to be

I love how people who like trump are being forced to recognize that they're not intelligent people by the people they respect

don't worry guys, you still have Jon Voight and Clint Eastwood
but yeah, definitely the Coen movies have been shit this whole time, you just didn't know for sure until that article.

capped

mind if i post this on /r/Sup Forums, friend?

Hella f****in epic

Why is there no mention of Coenbots, or the prophecy of two angels who save the film industry?

Maybe it's just me, but they've always seemed to give off this vibe of being very mysterious.

Aren't they both trans now?

bridge of spies is great, remember it's a Spielberg movie they are writing for

hi embryo, enjoy your first week on Sup Forums

>The tone of this movie was all over the fucking place. It had no idea what it wanted to be
>t. retard who's never heard of the Golden Age of Hollywood

>OP makes a post that's obviously meme bait
>first person to take the obvious meme bait gets a ton of (You)s and epic reaction images
It really bothers me when this happens

What are you doing on Sup Forums?

>celebrities
>knowing anything about governmental policy apart from hurr durr let trannies go in the girls room
Pick one and only one

Watched "A Serious Man" the other day. Damn, it's pure torment.

you're right I forgot losers who have a poli sci degree from their community college and browse Sup Forums are the true thinkers of our era.

you get trolled by an obvious troll interaction that happens all the time here? are you dumb?

Because the alternatives are worse. Like with reddit, you can guess with 99% accuracy what the top comment is going to be just from reading the post title every time. At least here there's no upboat system and every post gets the same visibility.

Didn't one of them complain about people whining about there not being enough black people in their movies?

>Frightening illegals is bad
>Calls them "undocumented"

Opinion discarded.

Yes they are talented but honestly with two fingers on the New Testament did you really expect them to become not-kikes all of a sudden? Did you really expect them to go 'Heil the God Emperor Trump. Praise Kek. Race war now' I didn't and I still consider the original Fargo a masterpiece.