Can someone explain how this team can be so shitty for so long? Even all the other shitty teams (Jags...

Can someone explain how this team can be so shitty for so long? Even all the other shitty teams (Jags, Bills) sometimes show flashes of greatness but the Browns are just forever, completely terrible. An example of a successful season for them would be 8-8. Why are they always so bad?

Remember the kid in school who couldn't pay attention, ate paste, masturbated in the back of the classroom, and got aggro if you told him to knock it off?

He grew up to own an NFL team.

white privilege is real why else do the Browns always lose

>the browns
>not the oranges

Anytime a sports team shows a long-term trend (we're talking decades and more here), it's usually a sign of a problem with ownership. 'Cause any trend in team performance can be, if not reversed, at least altered, by an owner going full fire sale and axing GMs, coaches, players, etc. My guess is, Browns ownership is complete shit and doesn't realize it. Tinfoil-hat theory: the NFL has compromising pics of Browns owner(s) and is threatening to make them public if the Browns don't remain the league's bitches in perpetuity.

>gm is a black lawyer who used to manage section 8 housing

>first owner of second iteration was a new york jew who inherited the team

Sup Forums pls go

>detroit is 82% black
>lions aren't nearly as shit as the browns in the 21st century (cleveland is 53% black)
>inb4 you took the bait
I know

Browns doesn't refer to a color

The current GM is actually good, in two or three years all those acquired draft picks will pay off in spades. Hue is a shit coach who is ruining Kizer though.

>The current GM is actually good,
First of all no, and second of all even if he was, his boss is a fucking moron. Third of all, no.

He's a huge step forward from Ray fucking Farmer, that's for sure.

The new GM missed on alot of good Qbs. They should have taken Watson.

He'd have nobody to throw the ball to just like Kizer.

>Terrible, terrible drafting that resulted in more busts than an art museum.
>Starting 26 and counting different QBs since 1999, some of which were the biggest busts in NFL history.
>Tim Couch, Trent Richardson, Johnny Manziel, etc.
>Starting washed up QBs like Josh McCown and RG3
>Going through more coaches, presidents, GMs, and CEOs than a baby goes through diapers.
>Hiring coaches that should really be sent back to coaching school if there was one.
>Having a team of Joe Thomas, Josh Haden, and nobody else.

Just give them federal funding already.

Haden's with the Steelers now lmao

Honestly, I'm going to break with tradition, and possibly also with the rules of this thread, to say that I honestly don't get why so many people rag on the Browns so hard. If you look at the entire history of the NFL since the AFC-NFC merger, the Original Browns weren't that bad as a franchise overall, and they have a lot of positives currently. Sure, they had a really bad year last year, but that was down to the tough division they play in and a lot of events outside their control. At the moment, they have a great deep-threat receiver returning to the team, a secondary with a lot of potential, and a starting QB with some questions around his health, but also with elite play-off potential if he stays healthy. They also had one of the arguably top 5 of all time LBs in the NFL retire recently, and let's not forget their amazing SB wins in both 2000 and 2012.

In fact, over the last 22 years, you could even argue that on average they have been amongst the best teams in the league during that period, maybe even in the top 10. So let's stop ragging on them so much and give credit where it's due, eh?

shitty ownership hire shitty employees but they still make money off of TV revenue, there's no point to actually trying

That's salt in the wound for them.

You mean the Baltimore Ravens? They used to be the Browns until Art Modell moved them in 1995.

>these 2 yard runs

I'm fucking howling right now

why is any perennial loser in any sport so bad? because winning is far down on the owner's list of priorities. these are the type of owners who just want to drain the team of money and hire their rich and incompetent friends to run the team. i know the feel in mlb with the phillies.

>reverse order draft
>revenue sharing
>"competitive balanced" scheduling
>league where half of games are decided by one possession
>still blow ass every year for a decade and all but about two in about two decades
I don't know but its been fascinating watching how incompetent they can be

But aren't most sports teams money-losers for their owners? Do we have breakdowns for profitability among the major sports?

What's funny is their plan the last 20 years has literally been "let's get a QB and then we're good" while proceeding to miss on every QB they draft
So their dream is to be the Clots, who have successfully gotten the QB but that doesn't mean shit when he's sacked 10 times a game and has nobody to throw to or defense to rely on

This is why I will always hate the Ravens, no matter how many years pass or how good we get
It's Baltimore's fault that we're here, FUCK the Ravens

Kizer is garbage no matter who's coaching

The Kizer pick is fine but they should've gotten a vet QB to hold down the spot this season while Kizer learns
Then take a safety blanket WR/TE first overall in the next draft and ease Kizer in by letting him just toss up chances for the stud receiver