Are you sick of quiet moments in a movie where you become bored, or lose attention?

Are you sick of quiet moments in a movie where you become bored, or lose attention?

I'm coding a piece of software to make watching movies/TV more efficient and more exciting?

Basically, all scenes without dialogue will be drastically sped up. This means everything from a 2 minute scene without ANY dialogue, right down to characters taking breaks between sentences.

If anyone is familiar with the app Overcast, for podcasts, it's basically that technology but for videos.

Advantages
>Watch media more efficiently
>Avoid boredom while watching
>No chipmunk voices that you get with speeding up the entire show...ONLY moments without dialogue will be sped up

Disadvantages
>-?

Would anyone be interested in this software. Any advice for features to include? I guess I should be finished with an early version by the weekend.

can you make it so it fast forward through sex and romance scenes?

No. Although there are Torrents for big shows that already edit out all sex and nudity.

but it works on overcast because podcasts don't rely on emotion and tension...

scripted shows without any spaces between dialogue will be horrific

You misunderstand. The dialogue isn't sped up - you can hear it with perfect clarity as usual...it just comes without a break.

No YOU misunderstand. So much tension and impact comes from dialogue being delayed, pondering, thinking...

This will be dogshit

No, you still hear every piece of dialogue at normal speed...there is just no meaningless spaces of silence between it. You get all the information and plot.

But with constant rapid-fire dialogue, you lose all emotion and impact.

It would make a 42 minute show last for like 15

>It would make a 42 minute show last for like 15
Which is exactly the point,...

I don't know how to explain this more clearly for you retards. YOU HEAR ALL THE DIALOGUE AT NORMAL SPEED.

I forgot how much this site hates people who try to create and make things better

Just add an option to select the length of time before things are sped up and by how much, its not fuckin brain surgery if the guy wants to keep the pauses between speech you should accomodate that

That is not what I'm doing...if you want to make that, do it fuckwit.

No, dude.
He's saying that the spaces BETWEEN speech, the silent parts, exist for a reason. They exist to let you register what you just heard and give you an emotional impact relevant to the scene.

Your idea is a good one, kind of. More weird than good, actually.

Yes, can you mute women voices too... actually if you could selectively mute different characters I would pay for it.

This is pure autism. I mean, legitimate autism.

OP literally doesn't understand why movies and TV shouldn't just present you with all dialogue as fast as possible then end.

Had a top kek imagining this autist just not understanding why other people don't want this too

>Guys I would like some suggestions for this simple program I am making
>add this feature it will lead to more versetility
>UH ACTUALLY MAKE THAT PROGRAM YOURSELF???
What the fuck dude

No need to insult him.
Being bad at watching media is actually a good thing. Media is a waste of fucking time and a curse on humanity.
Anyway, at first I thought it was bait. But it's probably some young dude who doesn't have the attention span to understand cinematography.

How short would this make OGF and TND?
Like 10 mins each?

what's going on here

OP's app does seem like something DFW would write as a joke desu senpai

This is the most autistic shit I've heard of. What the fuck is wrong with you? Get lost, jerk

>Are you sick of quiet moments in a movie where you become bored, or lose attention?

No.