I absolutely hate Max Landis

I absolutely hate Max Landis.

>He writes shit fucking movies like American ultra, Chronicle, and Victor Frankenstein
>He can not take any sort of criticism without ranting like a fucking baby on Twitter
>The only reason he has any position of creative authority in modern cinema is because of his fathers career
>He dresses and talks like a pretentious film student

Fuck this guy. Stop writing movies and bitching on Twitter whenever your shit film flops.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IRqdL7qR0d4?t=157
reddit.com/r/cringe/comments/528tl5/max_landis_tries_to_seem_brilliant_by_pretending/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Liking the hobbit movies is fucking retarded. Max Landis is our boy

nobody cares

He is right in that reddit letter media have shit taste but he is also a whiny baby, coasting on nepotism.

i hate his hair and fashion

I bet Landis knows how to greentext

Who gives a fuck?

reminder that redlettermedia liked both thor movies

Rekt

> Like the Hobbit movies
What? Projecting much?

>hating on based max

end yourself

Criminally underrated

I hate Josh Trank more.

Okay?

at least Peter Jackson didnt kill any underage child laborers while filming the Hobbit

American Ultra and Victor Frankenstein? Holy fuck he is talent less.

American Ultra and Chronicle are better than The Hobbit movies though.

Neither did Max Landis.

To be fair I probably like Max Landis more than reddit letter media.

I don't like either but RLM are huge faggots and insufferable manchildren.

When did we fucking agree that Chronicle is objectively better than a Peter Jackson film?

didnt he get really butthurt about h3h3 making fun of the white face stuff

landis is a typical white upper middle class liberal who assumes if you're a white male you have the same privilege as him

It's in his blood though

HELICOPTER PARENTS

When he filmed himself splashing around in a tub with a GoPro.

Remember when he said Fassbender shouldn't play a Spanish character in Assassins Creed because he's white? lol

yup

When he made Jar Jar Binks 2.0

Pic related what based Orson Welles thought of his hack father. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

He is such a fucking beta-male white apologist. Fuck him.

pretty sure they said they liked chronicle too.

Fixed

They said it was the lowest standard of being a good movie. Still not good enough for Max the hack though

max landis has such visible insecurity it's endearing despite his mannerisms.

He's one of those obnoxious liberals that I'm sure barely interacts with non-white people except tokens (black men, or asian women) dating interracially one of his white friends

And his dad is a literal murderer, and I'm sure everything-else-Hollywooder.

Fuck him

>They didn't like Chronicle
Hmmmmm...
>Jay, what did you think of the film?
>I liked it a lot. I thought it was a really good movie, really solid movie
>[...] It told its story well. It wasn't an amazing story.
youtu.be/IRqdL7qR0d4?t=157

I guess not sucking Landis's dick means they didn't like

Yeah I'm surprised he is even in the industry after what his fucking father did. It's like becoming an airline pilot after your father flew a plane into the world trade center

That's hilarious. Got more Orson bitching?

Wasn't max Landis on rlm twice

jay and mike both said they quite enjoyed it, thought it was a breathe of fresh air that told a story well, and was surprisingly good despite being found footage.

Why is welles always so cranky

>his dad is a literal murderer
*manslaughterer

Thanks senpai

It's from "My Lunches with Orson", basically the whole book is him talking shit. We have threads about it every so often. His criticism of Woody Allen as a person is probably the most popular.

>landis is a typical white upper middle class liberal

Yea there's nothing "middle" about it, he's as Hollywood as they come. His parents sent him away to exclusive private schools because they didn't feel like raising him.

Max doesn't even have a foot in reality.

He was.

It's turned into a love/hate relationship between them. Mostly hate on RLMs part.

Hi Max

What the fuck went so wrong with Dirk Gently? Totally ignored the excellent source material and went for generic bullshit sci-fi

Occasionally, just occasionally these days, the internet still makes me a little sick to my stomach. The fact that this accident, which claimed 3 lives and gave my father PTSD for my entire time of knowing him (I was born in 1985), is repeatedly retold with apocryphal elements and only cursory mention that there was a huge, well prosecuted trial that ended in an ACQUITTAL based on YOU KNOW IT BEING AN ACTUAL FLUKE ACCIDENT and that being unequivocably proven in court is horrifying to me.

What's even darker is that people link me here, and are sure to let me know how much they hate me and that my father, a sweet, occasionally too loud man who was traumatized permanently by watching the death of one of his best friends on a movie he'd wanted to direct his entire life, is a piece of shit, disgusts me on a level that makes me queasy.

What's even more epic, hilariously awful is the people in here using this as a platform to talk endlessly about how shitty I am because I said I didn't like a movie they liked.

Three fucking people died. Little kids died. My mother, pregnant with me at the time, sat in court and watched my father for months be abandoned by EVERY professional friend in the industry because no one wanted to be associated with this tragedy. Vic Morrow, a great actor, was lost forever. Two young lives were ripped away. Safety rules were changed.

I see this brought up as a weapon to attack my father. To attack the film industry. To attack me. Occasionally as a weapon to attack jews, which is the oddest of all.

And every time it reminds me that being behind a keyboard, having vague cursory knowledge of an event 34 years ago, and a truly horrible .gif or .jpeg is all it takes to to turn some nice stranger into a completely vicious other.

There's a reason it's called the Twilight Zone Accident, not the Twilight Zone Incident.

Nice pasta, faggot

They didn't like the Hobbit movies either though did they? I remember them saying the first one was OK at best.

RLM didn't care about the hobbit, what's he in about

>American ultra failed because of marketing
> Frankenstein failed because of studios hating originality

NEVER Max's fault.

>tell helicopter pilot fly lower than he thinks he should
>while trying to blow him up with pyrotechnics
>kill three people, two of which shouldn't have even been on the set
>(((acquittal)))

They only liked the first one a little. They heavily criticized the next two.

Hey Max

Correct if I'm wrong Max, but wasn't it YOUR father's instructions to the pilot that caused their deaths? Didn't he think what he was doing was insanely dangerous? Hollywood watched your dad's back and made sure he didn't go to jail, he cashed in his ticket, don't go blaming them for making sure he could get to see your whiney numale ass

Plus he hired two chinese kids illegally violating child labor laws in California. They shouldn't have even been there.

because he was always the smartest man in a room filled with idiots

Guys, it wasn't John's fault. If anything it was the safety coordinator's fault.

I mean, it's not like John deliberately hid the stunt from the safety coordinator because the safety coordinator also doubled as the on-set welfare worker and he never would have let two children be involved with such a blatantly dangerous stunt....

he's not ITT. that's a comment he made on reddit

Man if only he was in this thread. He seems like the type of person to google their name with key words like "Sup Forums" or "Reddit" constantly.

>Occasionally as a weapon to attack jews, which is the oddest of all.

>>He writes shit fucking movies like American ultra, Chronicle, and Victor Frankenstein

>shit moives
>chronicle

go home

He pops up in literlaly any reddit thread where his name comes up. For the longest while he'd get shit on and then he'd pop in and people would start kissing his ass but now he just continues to get shit on and it's wonderful.

reddit.com/r/cringe/comments/528tl5/max_landis_tries_to_seem_brilliant_by_pretending/

Stop making RLM threads. Nobody cares about this shit random Youtube channel.

Could be fanboys cause he called Rey a Mary Sue the most on Twitter.

>spergs get super powers found footage.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other about Max Landis.
He's fine in my eyes. The worst thing I can say about him is that he has awful fashion choices, and the best is that he's quite passionate about movies. Other than that, he's just a guy who, for some reason I still don't understand, generates a lot of controversy.

yeah, and it was good.

I think he has a Google alert for his name that he checks constantly

Do you guys think we can summon him?
MAX LANDIS

I have no problem with him talking shit on RLM and pointing out their hypocritical taste in films.

I do have a problem with him appearing on their show and acting buddy-buddy with them, then talking shit on them from his twitter for not liking everything he does as a result.

It wasn't shit, but it's not the best thing ever made.

>he's a shallow, self centered asshole
>acts like he's God's gift to the world
It's almost like he grew up in Hollywood or something

I agree, he's an unimaginative little shit that's a product of nepotism, he hasn't earned anything, and he's probably ripped off ideas for movies from various spots around the internet that Hollywood would never know about and lmfao if some rando even tried

He's just a fucking douchebag, not even worth a thread

dirk gently was pretty fun for the first few episodes

rlm defence force is out in full tonight aye

those kids died so you could have a less than mediocre career. Your dad is a murderer

Reddit bringing the bantz

He makes shitty movies, yet can't handle the reality.
Get over it, Max.

I wonder if Mike and Jay still hold hopes that he'll come back to watch the new Neil Breen film with them

If this was true they probably wouldn't make fun of him constantly

>That image

Yeah cause they never said anything about him or his movies ever again.

Nah. Max isn't our guy.

Besides rlm liked Chronicle and to dismiss the Hobbit movies is to be arrogant and ignorant. They're aren't good adaptations but the production design on evey level is fantastic.

I really liked that gay movie he made, but again i compared it to gay movie and not regular movies.

>production design on evey level is fantastic

He's an absolute mega cuck

It is. I hate when people shit all over sets, costumes and effects of $150 million or more movies.
Most are actually quite good. People just shit on big production value because they dislike a different quality.

Go away Max.

For me it's hard to appreciate all the effort with how much CGI went into the movie.

I remember seeing costumes and sets from the LoTR movies at a museum and I loved how practical and detailed they could be. With The Hobbit the CGI overpowers any practicality of the sets and costumes. That said, I don't even hate those Hobbit movies