Now that the dust has settled, what is the Sup Forums consensus on The Beatles?

Now that the dust has settled, what is the Sup Forums consensus on The Beatles?

Serious art or just pop trash?

Attached: beatles attacked by feminists.jpg (643x949, 154K)

Bunch of soys

You used that image to instigate a different (and infinitely more worthwhile) debate.

>Sup Forums thinks women can't into music on an artistic level
>feminist writer echoes this perspective
Was Sup Forums feminist all along?

So, basically, making artistic statements is inferior to being a proto-boy band. Bad article.

>worthwhile

well its official, women can't appreciate "respectable art"

Wtf I like the Beatles now!

Attached: 1492653575028.jpg (700x700, 123K)

>women can't appreciate "respectable art"
This post is exactly why Sup Forums is a terrible website. Are you forgetting that there are female musicians and artists that actively listen to music along with creating it? Hell, people like Grimes, Kate Bush, Bjork, and Nina Simone are great examples of musicians who can develop, and have developed their own musical opinions free from the thresholds of male influence. And if you're arguing that the average woman is incapable of understanding the arts, then you've been on this board for too long and are an idiot. Do you actually think the average man outside of Sup Forums even so much as cares about, or even understands basic principles of artistry? Hell, most men aren't nearly as interested in the arts; when have you ever seen a Theater/Drama, Painting/Drawing or Music class where the males heavily outnumber the females? Or when a woman takes her boyfriend to a show that isn't commercialized garbage and the make retains any sort of interest? If you think females are incapable of perceiving the arts in any sort of significant manner, then you're a philistine. Such sexist ideals should not, should have never, and will never be thought of anymore in the realm of art. Good riddance, you disgusting cherubim.

>The Beatles took pop away from us!
>instead of trying to win it back, I shall sit here and wail loudly

im just quoting the article on why we should resent sgt peppers written by feminist writer amanda marcotte

2016 was a fun year

he was just picking apart the article retard, go take your tl;dr bullshit back to whatever pit you arose from.

women are incapable of making good music.

>taking pop away from girls
>pop is only for girls
>feminist writing the article
my mother fucking sides

saving for future pasta thnx

I'd agree with you but
>Grimes
faggot

imo serious art that got looked at as pop trash

>mfw a feminist attempts to trash my legacy that changed music forever

Attached: IPsmKmn.jpg (236x346, 13K)

Attached: nottrue.jpg (142x25, 3K)