Nemesis follow-up

So, I don't remember how I got to MemAlpha but I just passed by this fucking gem...

>Nemesis co-writers John Logan and Brent Spiner intended to follow that film with a "crossover" sequel. After Nemesis failed financially, however, this plan was abandoned. Patrick Stewart clarified that the film was intended to be the fifth and final TNG movie. He also commented, "It was a very exciting idea for a screenplay. It would have been a real farewell to Next Generation, but it would have involved other historic aspects of Star Trek as well." Spiner himself explained, "“One of the ideas that John Logan and I had about what the next film would have been was a Justice League of Star Trek. Something would bring all the great Star Trek villains together, from Khan to Shinzon, and Picard is the only person who could stop them and he actually has to go through time and pluck out the people he needs to help him. He goes back to the moment before Data blows up and takes him back to get Kirk and Spock, and go even further back and get Scott Bakula's character, Archer.

Why didn't they make this shit instead of fucking Nemesis? This movie would have been cheese ball as fuck but it would have been one seriously fun ride.

Oh so the same thing as Generations then?
Play Star Trek Online for the full post-nemesis/voyager/ENT canon and comfy space battles

Fuck, this would've been bad, but so good at the same time.

It would have been one of those movies everyone would have bitched about and hated to death only to become a colt classic among cretin the Trek fans years down the line because of how hilarious and entertaining it was.

That sounds just like what is wrong with Hollywood today. Instead of writing original films with new and interesting plot/characters, let's just dredge up the best parts of a tired franchise and fit every fan service moment possible into 2 hours of CGI shitfest. And how do we do it? TIME TRAVEL! Genius!

>After Nemesis failed financially,
CRASHING THIS MOVIE

Man, that could have been so shit, it would have been great.

>Kirk immediately knocks Worf the fuck out, then out alpha-chads Riker and charms both ladies
>Archer is fascinated by every single and has a heart-to-heart with Picard about what it means to be a great space dad
>Spock raises his eyebrow at the bullshit of it all

Could have been great

It was supposed to be the final goodbye to everyone in Trek at the time. It made sense for what it was supposed to be.

Honestly, this timetravle bullshit sounded a fuckload more fun the the one where Kirk and Picard are making funking eggs together.

>Kirk
>out alpha-chading Riker
Hahah Riker actually got layed in TNG and had a berd. Kirk would have been cucked hard.

I have a scary suspicion that Janway and Kirk would have gotten along really well together.

>Why didn't they make this shit instead of fucking Nemesis?

Because they already made Generations.

Piece of shit idea.

they had time travel since the first season of TOS and in a movie too, this would have been fine

Kirk had the charisma of a fucking god. Guy could say anything and have people believe it.

That's the whole point. How many tired tropes like time travel (which had already been used in several of the movies and shit tons of the show eps) need to get blagged out there again? When do you just say "for fuck's sake, can somebody just write something original for once?"

Time travel has been a part of Star Trek since the very start.

But Generations was trying to hard to be taken seriously and it resulted in complete boring shit. The story in the OP is so ridicules that it could have actually turned out entertaining. Not to mention that farewell films/episodes tend to take liberties that the others couldn't.

Yeah, and then he would tell every girl he made out with, "Sorry, I'm already married to the Enterprise." and continue with his blue balls. Even Spock got to fuck that female Romulin commander.

see

Does a script for this exist out there? I suddenly want it.

How's your script going?

Not even trek movie can be like fucking Vger or Khan you uppity faggot.

Great, I'm at the part where I'm fucking your mom with your dad and underaged sister watching. Wanna read it?

Also, fuck you.

but Star Trek is a franchise with almost 800 singular episodes, pretty much everything has been done multiple times

and the most popular movies are the one that brought Khan back and the one with the time travel plot about whales

>When do you just say "for fuck's sake, can somebody just write something original for once?"
They already wrote good original movies for the TOS timelines, you "No fun allowed in my Trek" fucking wet blanket.

God, you Trek fanfags are truly fucking delusional.

Any perceived slight against your precious franchise and you freak the fuck out.

I've been a trek fan since I was in grade school (a long time ago), and even I can see how god awful the franchise has become and hoe putrid the Nemesis follow up would have been.

Grow up and learn how to think critically.

Not him but if your script is as serious and edgy as you are I bet it'll get all the scene kids into the franchise.

That's right, they did, so we're just supposed to stop wanting something good and original and just lay down and take the utter bullshit Paramount's been throwing at us for the last decade? "Yeah, wow, they made 4 good movies, that's enough for me, I'm good!"

"Time travel plots have worked 754 times in Star Trek so we'll give them more because they'll go see whatever rancid unoriginal crap we shovel at them!" - signed, Paramount.

>Any perceived slight against your precious franchise and you freak the fuck out.
Nice projecting user, no one said the franchise hasn't gone to shit and no one is under the delusion that this would have been a great movie.

The franchise was already going into the shitbox by the time this idea was even conceived. There was nothing we could do about it but this movie at least looked like it may have at least been a fun watch if nothing else.

You need to calm the fuck down

But all the TNG movies except Insurrection were original and they all sucked

You're missing the point of this discussion completely. Yes, the franchise was going to shit but there is fun cheese ball shit and then there is actual shit without a scarp of value.

Don't know about you but I would have preferred the latter.

>original

Generations - dredge up Kirk
First Contact - dredge up the Borg
Insurrection - actually halfway original, also utter shit
Nemesis - dredge up the Romulans and clone Picard

Yep, pretty original stuff there. Enterprise is supposed to be a ship of exploration, exactly what did they explore in any of those movies?

That's all you want or hope ST to be now..."cheese ball shit"?

Aim high there, bud.

The Motion Picture - Nomad Remake
Wrath of Khan - Dredge up Khan
Search for Spock - Dredge up Spock
The Voyage Home - Time travel... Really?
The Final Frontier - Actually somewhat original, also utter shit.
The Undiscovered Country - Dredge up the Klingon's

>That's all you want or hope ST to be now
What the hell else could it be after all the drek movies that came before it? The writers obviously aren't going to get any better as time goes on.

As seen by the reboots, the only good thing newfag writers/directors can do is cast relatively decent actors who look the part, and that's it. They could, at the very least make it entertaining.

Also, Trek is known for having some massive cheese ball shit in it from the very beginning. So don't act like this would be some massive fucking departure from the original shows.

Thank you for your...support?

Stop Flirting you fags Can't you see this is a serious thread.

>This fucking episode
There may have been dead children had it been me instead of Kirk

But at its best TOS and TNG rose above the cheeseball to make some truly great TV. Why do we have to settle for Khan 2.0 and villains you can't remember when you leave the theater and action hero Picard and tired rehashes of old plotlines. The most recent movie wasn't very good but at least they got back to exploration and races we haven't seen 25 times already.

If there was one thing I was looking forward to in the reboots, it was hopeful Spock/Chapple.

Spock/Uhura was alright and I have nothing against it, I just really liked Nurse Chapple in the original and I wanted to see her finally happy in the reboot.

there's a mobile game like this, its called startrek timelines, its absolute shit

>best Star Trek game
>absolute shit

Can we agree Picard and not Data should have died in Nemesis? Then Riker would finally have been able to realise his dream and command the Enterprise, just not in the way he envisaged.

Wow, and I thought Nemesis was bad. That would have been way worse, so bad I would watched it for the train wreaking comedy.

Also Generations did a decent passing the torch. Passing the torch with a crossover could be done, but a full team up of everyone would be hard given actors age and the shear back end complexity, something would go horribly wrong.

data died because spiner begged to die every single film so data would stop aging

>ywn see a Spock/Data buddy movie

>CRASHING THIS FRANCHISE

fixed that 4 U.... with no survivors.

Other than Kirk falling and breaking his hip at the end I actually really liked generations.

Insurrection was probably the most original one of TNG movies.

I am up for a Picard, Kirk and Sisko team up.

>Kirk would have been cucked

Ah yes, the Kirk flirts with an under age girl episode while being beaten up by a gang of eight year olds.

Should have just remade Wrath of Khan again.

Why not, they've remade it 3 times already.

Almost half of all the Star Trek movies released have involved an obsessed villain seeking revenge for some real or perceived slight,

Hasperat? It's mighty spicy

Hasperat Souffle? I've very delicate

man marina aged like fucking milk

nana on the other hand.........

>Justice League of Star Trek.

At least he admits it would've been terrible

She dressed like a dope smoking whore

and it gets my dick rock hard