Remember how good GoT was in the first season and how fun the threads were?

Remember how good GoT was in the first season and how fun the threads were?

What the hell happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNPGhzNScTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they ran out of source material which was only decent for 3 books anyway

The first season was the most "contained" as was the first book. Everything begins to go to total shit in the series and so the show goes to shit because it doesn't have the imaginary budget of George "Muh Tax Policy" Double Chin Double R Martin's world.

The series broadened in scope as the books continued and in real life that means more money and time. HBO clearly got sick of putting any effort into the show after about season 4 and just wants to cap it off, get the dvd sales, and move onto something cheaper.

The agenda shifted from telling a good story to telling progressive feminist propaganda.

bran stopped being anime cute

The series went to shit almost exactly when the books did. All of the awful trash is their OC and it shows

This

It's now a literal game of D&D

I dropped it after the first season tbqh

Season 1 wasn't even that good. Way too much expository dialogue and characters talking about past events all the fucking time like it's never been discussed before. I get that they had to get all that information out, but it still comes across awkward and forced.

GoT has always been mediocre overrated shit.

Pretty much, the newest season was so bad even normies from reddit were pissed.

I'm more pissed about the fact that ill probably never read the books after watching this shit fan fiction version now.

the first season is the buy in

the shills create threads, at least back in the day
alot easier than now.
Just start up a GoT general and watch all the grognards comment away, adding to the hype machine.

then people , some of whom where probably the writers decided " This is a success", and just fucked off making Game of Thrones MEMEs.

So second seasons writing went to shit.

GRRM no longer needs to worry about hitting his food and child pron quotas becuase of all the fat stacks HBO gave him.

GRRM realizese he can make more off of movies than books.
still gotta appease the bookfags though.
so they compromise and make the later books fit with the cinematic storyline.

which become cluster fucked.

now you have shills out in the open, a smarter user to the games of the shills, and a bunch of actors and writers who are no longer "hungry" but rather got fat off the gristle of season one.

and there you have it folks.

>there is still no release date for Winds of Winter

>On January 10, 2017, Martin announced on his blog in a response to a comment that he believed that The Winds of Winter will be released "this year," referring to 2017. However, he also noted that he believed the same thing would occur the previous year.
>However, he also noted that he believed the same thing would occur the previous year.

I'm going to forget the entire plot to these fucking books before it comes out.

season 1 was great, threads good
season 2 was good, threads declining
season 3 was decent, threads getting bad

Season 4 and forward were bad and going worse, the threads went full general garbage, shitposting, waifus, bad baits and dozens of pastas. It started to attract scum from shit boards and reddit due to popularity, by the time they were running several threads a day, directly linking reddit back and forth and bitching about post limit, the mods finally decided to kill it (which was far too late). Then they leaked into the rest of Sup Forums, and when mods allowed it again they never went back.

I disagree. There was great pacing and balance between dialogue and action in the first season.

yeah no
youtube.com/watch?v=NNPGhzNScTA
the exposition feels very natural. this scene wasn't even in the books and it fits incredibly well.

yeah there were some OC scenes in season 1 that were pretty great
i think it went to D&D's heads though because then they started adding OC shit left and right until they ruined the show

Only complaint is that it looks like a cheap soap opera compared to later seasons in terms of set designs, costumes, etc.

These pictures are the best thing about GoT threads.

the costumes were the best in season 1 though

They had plenty of source material to work with, they cut out tons of it. It became shit because they wanted it to be shit.

costumes now are literally 2 different shades of black and brown leather
just look at S6 where they dress the freys like peasants, its absolute garbage
it gets worse in the S7 leak photos, everyone is dressed dark and edgy and its fucking awful

That's cause the original costume designer left after Season 5 wrapped.

Banning /got/ was probably the best thing these retarded Sup Forums mods ever did. They were always on the frontpages, sometimes several of them. LARPing faggots, waifuspammers, you name it. Now it's just a dead thread with maybe dozen sad fucks where posts look like they're copypasted from reddit.

>just look at S6 where they dress the freys like peasants

i hated this and i never understood why they dressed like they were fucking poor

deviations from the novels. every time they do it, they write something worse with the possible exception of the tywin/arya interactions. s1 wasn't perfect either, though.

>sexposition

now they just write simplified, pop culture versions of the characters who never have any consequences for their actions. the writers just have them fuck around then we rush development (if any) and then jump to the big, crowd cheering climax. D&D never subvert expectations and even the death scenes are predictable and have no impact.

Getting rid of the silly Dorne side stories was a plus for the show

sadly they added a retarded new dorne side story

they stopped following the books
s1 follows the book to the letter, entire scenes with all the dialogue are recreated almost exactly

What the fuck happened to S1 Kingsguard armor? It looked way better than what they're in now.

After the RW's popularity the show began to revolve around shock gimmicks and appealing to group watch parties and youtubers. Combined with them running out of book material, leading to them stalling for season 5 and 6 on anything actually happening while also rushing through all the available story material they have, and its no wonder the show is now garbage.

to be honest, i barely remember any of feast for crows and never read the fifth book but there's no way it was as bad in the books as it was in season 5. they fucked it up so bad the writers basically wrote an apology into the s6 finale.

Hopefully more perfect tits.

Tits gets killed by Euron.

yeah, snaketits was the only good thing to come out of that

Actually that's something that's always bugged me about the show. It's supposed to be about the Westerosi 1%, but half the nobility dresses like peasants and goes to war in cheap, impractical boiled leather.

AND NO ONE FUCKING WEARS HELMETS!

Aren't the Freys super rich in the books?

They stopped following the books after season 1.

They started following them less and less as every season went on, the show was made massively popular by people who haven't read the books and that's why the writers get away with all the dumb shit and spaghetti string plotlines.

I watch the show now in bemusement for what it's become and try to ignore everything that doesn't make any sense, the show looks pretty with nice music. Just don't think to hard about whether it makes sense or it just falls apart at the seams.

Hopefully less Bad Poosay

They hired an entirely new costume department and outfitters to save money after season 3

You know what I'm fucked the costumes were the best earlier on. But still the sets were really bad. Ned's hand of the king office looks like its out of a high school play.

The hound had his GOAT helmet for season one then we never see it again

the autists still post, they moved to cripplechan got threads

Technically yes, but there also many, many, many freys, like probably over 90 Freys. So it evens out.

Biggest problem is the author lost the plot and the show writers can't find it either.

This. People act like books are somehow better, but the truth is novels turned to utter garbage too after the third one.
Let them stay there

GRRM probably knows what the plot is, but it's probably really annoying and difficult to write and he is lazy so that's why the last two books have taken him 11 years to write. Show runners probably don't care.

Yep. blame is 100 percent on that fat fuck who refuses to finish a series he started over 20 years ago

Personally I enjoyed everything through the 4th season. Problem is, none of the characters are compelling anymore. I used to look forward to seeing Jaime, Tyrion, Jon, Arya and The Hound etc. each episode. None of them are interesting anymore.

Used to be about characters leading to interesting scenarios. Now the interesting scenarios are written and how the characters get to those moments is incredibly lazy.

I disagree. A Feast for Crows is the ultimate ASOIAF pleb filter.

He writes less than a page a day mathematically, like a paragraph. Truly a lazy fuck.

I agree.

I just wish they'd kept the more elaborate armors from the books.

That and could someone please introduce the costuming department to tabards and battlefield heraldry?

It's because D&D have no clue and they know they can literally get away with phoning it in every episode as long as the last two episodes have some "OMG" moments.

Entire ASOIAF is nothing but pleb low literature, difference being the original trilogy was at least written at an acceptable level as entertaining reading. After that it's a mess, and the last one hilariously retarded

>But still the sets were really bad.

Yeah that I agree with. The fight between jaime and ned looked like fucking shit cause of the set.

Pretty much this. Really, really sad, 'cause the show has true potential. It's weird how people don't seem to notice it turning to shit, though. The decline just seems so obvious.

yep you're way smarter and better than everyone else

At this stage I just want to know what fucking happens in the books just for curiosity sake.

Go on facebook and look at the comments on the picture that the Game Of Thrones fb posts after every episode and tell yourself that my insincere friend.

The books also declined in Quality.

Also they killed off / mismanaged loads of characters and story threads that are supposed to be coming into fruition now, replacing those that have died off.

Because of this the current and future seasons will be inferior to the already declining quality of the books.

But Normies don't care.

What are you on about lad?

Production value dipped hard in later seasons, I could swear I saw some power lines in Wall's scenes and costumes look like shit all the time.

I really don't know how normies can be happy about shows that stop giving a fuck after 3 seasons, all I know is that GoT is one of them.

I've given up on the demented lardass, his recent writing proves he lost it completely. I wonder how he lives with himself, knowing that the ending of a badly written HBO television show will be considered canon to his life's work. He's irrelevant at this point

>Remember how good GoT was in the first season and how fun the threads were?

its still just as good

>What the hell happened?

self proclaimed book-fags

>its still just as good
the show or the threads?

I agree with you about the overall quality of ASOIAF from a literary standpoint, but there are some good things in AFFC. Not as many as 1-2-3 but still plenty of good world-building and rumination on the consequences of conflict.

d&d thought they had good ideas

The last half wasn't bad and Barristan and Theon had very good chapters.

sand sneks

ADWD has some really great chapters, like all of Theons and Davos, and some really shitty ones, like all of Daenerys, so it comes to a fairly enjoyable, if lukewarm read.