Give him Oscar for cinematography already

Give him Oscar for cinematography already.

why aren't the ropes tight?

Wow..A good post from Sup Forums for once. Is this the movie I've heard about, with the Christian missionaries come into conflict with Samurai inquisitors?

that's just a shot of the water and a cross though, not really spellbinding photography there

No, clearly it isn't the same movie at all. Google doesn't exist.

You must be dumb.

Why? What about this is good cinematography.

4 days of being tugged on by a tortured soul and the ocean wearing away at it.

Yeah the point of my post was implying I didn't know the name of film autist
>which I genuinely don't know the name of

Meh, this is about on par with Rogue One
Not really that impressive, but not bad either

>i didnt go to film school, i went to malick's movies

It's in the file name you dipshit.

>this is about on par with Rogue One

The 2 webms in this thread are on par with Rogue One, yes.

is he okay?

no looks like he was crucified

I don't know what that means

>The 2 webms in this thread are on par with Rogue One, yes.

>

seeing Tsukamoto in this was pretty cool

It's okay being dumb. Don't worry about it!

Scorsese is a fucking hack the only good thing about him is I know when to dismiss someones opinion when they hold him in high regard

Autism

Top Ten Scorsese movies:

>Age of Innocence
>Hugo
>Silence
>After Hours
>The Last Temptation of Christ
>New York, New York
>The Aviator
>The King of Comedy
>Mean Streets
>Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore

> I'm just gonna ignore the most popular ones lol

>not Bringing out the Dead

You tried to sound patrician, you tried.

It's Scorsese. Martin Scorsese. He makes the best films. Is this one of his best? Hmm....

Silence is, now pondering it hours after seeing it, possibly the best "faith-based" film ever made (or at least since Last Temptation of Christ); in its unintentional way, a great antidote to those pieces of garbage like God's Not Dead and War Room which preach only to a select few and insult the intelligence of everyone else. In this story of Jesuit priests who go on a journey to find a priest who may be long gone but could be found and brought home, it's meant for adults who can and should make up their own minds on religion and God, and the persecution part of it isn't some ploy from the filmmakers for fraudulent attention. This is about exploring what it means if you have faith, or how to question others who do, and what happens when people clash based on how people see the sun. Literally, I'm serious.

I may need another viewing to fully grasp it. But for now, yes, see it, of course. For all its length and vigorous explorations and depictions of suffering (occasionally highly graphic), not to mention the, for Scorsese, highly unusual approach of a lack of traditional (or any) music or score, it's unlike anything you'll see in cinema this year, maybe the decade, for pairing the struggle of a man to reconcile his God and his responsibility to others in a repressive regime with the visual splendor of something from another time - maybe Kurosawa if he'd had a collaboration with Bergman. And yet for all of this high praise, there's also a feeling of being exhausted by the end of it. Whether that exhaustion extends to other viewings I'm not sure yet. As a life-long "fan" of this director, I was impressed if not blown away.

>its about the faiths!

Unless the missionaries' faith was built around a concept where they didn't actually have to do anything to spread the teachings of christ, where all they had to do was be there and god would reach down and grant perfect understanding to anyone they talked to, then the movie was not about faith. It was about pride, arrogance, delusion, insanity, denial, anger, depression, bargaining, and acceptance. As the missionaries weren't the victims in silence. The people being tortured/killed to convert them were the only victims, the missionaries were the antagonists, and the japs were actually the good guys.

It's Scorsese. Martin Scorsese. He makes the best films. Is this one of his best? Hmm....

Silence is, now pondering it hours after seeing it, possibly the best "faith-based" film ever made (or at least since Last Temptation of Christ); in its unintentional way, a great antidote to those pieces of garbage like God's Not Dead and War Room which preach only to a select few and insult the intelligence of everyone else. In this story of Jesuit priests who go on a journey to find a priest who may be long gone but could be found and brought home, it's meant for adults who can and should make up their own minds on religion and God, and the persecution part of it isn't some ploy from the filmmakers for fraudulent attention. This is about exploring what it means if you have faith, or how to question others who do, and what happens when people clash based on how people see the sun. Literally, I'm serious.

I may need another viewing to fully grasp it. But for now, yes, see it, of course. For all its length and vigorous explorations and depictions of suffering (occasionally highly graphic), not to mention the, for Scorsese, highly unusual approach of a lack of traditional (or any) music or score, it's unlike anything you'll see in cinema this year, maybe the decade, for pairing the struggle of a man to reconcile his God and his responsibility to others in a repressive regime with the visual splendor of something from another time - maybe Kurosawa if he'd had a collaboration with Bergman. And yet for all of this high praise, there's also a feeling of being exhausted by the end of it. Whether that exhaustion extends to other viewings I'm not sure yet. As a life-long "fan" of this director, I was impressed if not blown away.

movie kind of sucked
heavy handed and boring, acting was too self serious and didn't have a spark of life in it
just like people playing their parts, not once did the entire film enthrall me in anyway, just a boring drudge

Why didnt he just walk across the water?

ITT: the only guy who actually knows what cinematography means.

Marty falling for the teal and orange meme baka

People often mix up photography and cinematography because the former is a big part of the latter.

>t. I've watched Thin Red Line ONCE

>YAAMMEERROOOO

Captain Fantastic was better.

Needs more naked, young Jap guys swimming in the ocean for it to hit Malick tier.

that's clearly blue and yellow though.

>malick
>filming asians

He believes they aren't people and don't have souls.

His family is from Asia.

Film's too botched in different angles to provide much immersion or struggle. I appreciated the suffering because Garfield's monotonous, incesant plead to the images we are supposed to be seeing is pretty overwhelming.