The only worthwhile music discussion youtube channel

The only worthwhile music discussion youtube channel

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>fantano with a british accent
no thanks

>le (((deep cuts))) lad who reviews and recommends exclusively p4k-core

He's okay. He's accurate in his tastes but when it comes to describing albums he's so vague and unspecific. It almost feels like he listens to it once then reads a bullet-point edition of the Wikipedia article and just recites it to the camera. I can do that myself, thanks bud. Like I said though, he's accurate in his tastes but that makes him a better playlist creator than on-camera personality.

MUSICMOVIESART&CULTURE master race

*blocks your path*

Attached: Screenshot_8.jpg (520x485, 46K)

I will agree though that there's a dearth of high-quality music discussion/review creators. Plenty of theory stuff but when it comes to actually reviewing or talking intelligently about music it's all pretty shit. I've come to realize though that most pop music reviewers, in print or otherwise are pretty shit.

dafuq?

/ourguy/

>music "discussion" videos
theres 0 point unless you dont have friends lol
they serve as surrogate buddies to discuss music with by utilizing the least efficient method of doing so
you gain gain more information by reading a short article on the piece, an interview by the band itself, or an analysis of the piece in addition to the music itself than sitting there listening to some schmuck talk about music
fucking losers looking for creative ways to waste your time

Attached: gleeful grin.jpg (419x433, 65K)

1: Spectrum Pulse
2: Dead End Hip Hop
3: The Needle Drop
4: Deep Cuts
5: Shawn Cee

would like Deep Cuts better than Melon if he were more entertaining

I agree

Who is this?

Spectrum pulse is the worst

He's a normie. He carefully measures out his interests and hobbies to be as appealing to women as possible while still appearing genuine. Probably holds moderate "well considered" beliefs in everything. Keeps up with trends and current events and gives his own mild opinions that he read on the Guardian App to his yuppie friends while they all pretend to be interested to keep up appearances.

The only really good music related youtube person. Actually has passion about music and only talks about stuff he wants to talk about in a personable way. Will actually introduce you to good music and put it in historical context. Reminds me why I like music in the first place

you need more music, movies, art, & culture in your life you fucking melonpleb

that's not dereckvon

>personable way
Be real the guys kind of a dick, but hes good regardless

The only YouTube music reviewer you need

Attached: download (2).jpg (225x224, 5K)

a not-stupid post from friendo, i'm impressed

Attached: 1521428326301.jpg (293x301, 45K)

He's a personable dick. He has more character than all these other youtube dongs

*blocks your path*

Attached: 46C9A584-10AF-4E9D-A3FA-0CC2466A0BC8.jpg (900x900, 100K)

Pop-rock loving retard with some historical knowledge. Barely better than Fantano.

>pop-rock
You looking to get beaten up, pussy?
This guy is a connoisseur in post-rock, tape loops, and ambient. pleb.

Shut the fuck up, girl.
This guy doesn't even know what post-rock is. Slowcore and sadcore are NOT post-rock.

>the sonora pine, aix em klemm, bark psychosis, hood, rachel's
>slowcore/sadcore
Yeah, you should probably just kill yourself right now to be honest, as you're clearly a faggot who doesn't know what he's talking about

This. As basic as GYBE gets, most of the stuff Ott recommends is even worse.

just want to point out bark psychosis is what happens when you take talk talk and remove everything good about them

It's the opposite but you're too much of a plebeian to realize this. Get the fuck out of my thread, bitch.

>all basic shit for teens who worship despair
Thanks for confirming that Ott is clueless when it comes to post-rock. Now fuck off to wherever you crawled from.

Fuck off pussy

Not before you kill yourself for droning the retarded neckbeard Chris Ott.

Better than being an rym drone faggot

Thank God I'm neither.

>rym drone faggot
Are you taking someone who can barely conjure up a coherent sentence without nonsense meme-speak seriously?

No, I don't take anyone seriously.

Not even yourself?

Yes.

*Blocks you path*

Attached: 1521447402618.jpg (630x636, 204K)

Not .

Ok

Look at him

Imagine the smell...

Attached: SpongeBob's_breath_smells_bad.jpg (637x479, 190K)

The gif version

Attached: 1520841107383.gif (500x342, 858K)

nice picture, mind if I save it?

>"5 albums to get you into shoegaze"
>mbv, slowdive, ride
gee, thanks
>Probably holds moderate "well considered" beliefs in everything.
basically this. he just reminds me of that friend you have who can't grasp any form of irony and calls you out for being sexist and racist at every opportunity.
waste of time

This has gotta be bait

he called out deep cuts in one of his new videos lol

deepcuts is like fantano but doesn't have all the shitty memes attached to his channel and also knows what the fuck he's talking about

go ahead, user - thanks for asking!

>and also knows what the fuck he's talking about
That's not Samuel Andreyev, Rick Beato, 12tone or Sideways.

If by "knows what the fuck he's talking about" you mean reads the wikipedia article of the genre/band he's discussing then yes

well i guess fantano should read more wikipedia articles then

velocities in music

youtubers give me cancer and should give it to you too

>educating normies about the best albums of cool genres like post-punk, post-rock, grime, modern prog, and doom metal
>exposing people to little known classics like Biosphere - Substrata and John Frusciante - Curtains
>will gladly extol the virtues of the Mars Volta, Tool, David Bowie, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers for hours at length
>semi-versed in the writings of Mark Fisher and Simon Reynolds
>producing content through talking head Youtube videos, the millennial patrician's medium. Not boring pleb shit like writing essays/articles/books with references
>loves Eno
>loves Radiohead
>despises U2

>>producing content through talking head Youtube videos, the millennial patrician's medium. Not boring pleb shit like writing essays/articles/books with references
Had me until this, goob job.
8/10

Also very active on reddit

Dead end hip hop is probably the worst channel out there

>shills shitty reddit meme albums
:)

>implying going on reddit automatically delegitimizes one's opinions

Attached: pol.png (939x701, 140K)