24+ Sup Forumstants

how are you old farts doing? what music have you enjoyed more with age, what music isn't as appealing?

me
>26
>stopped listening to twinkly emo, joy division, smiths
>started listening to robert wyatt, tim hecker, bob dylan

Attached: apoop.jpg (657x527, 40K)

Congrats, at 26 you've progressed the tastes of a 16 year old

I used to like Nirvana a lot when I was 13. I don't really listen to their music anymore though.

I actually can still listen to the Misfits though, after all these years. I glen danzig a millionarie? Does anybody know?

Turning 25 next month. More and more of the music I listen to is instrumental, or at least in a language other than english

>mfw a 26 year old is reaching my musical developments from when I was 16
bit of a late bloomer huh ?

I used to mostly listen to 60's and 70's, now I mostly listen to 50's and 60's.

I tend to listen to a lot of crunkcore now that I'm 26 and working at mcdonalds

just help me, i can't leave this place
oh and i listen to bob dylan and kate bush

>26
>frogposter

Attached: 1496596416895.jpg (800x720, 496K)

>24
>used to listen to a lot of indeh, post hardcore, slowcore shit
>now mainly listen to avant folk, free folk, and traditional folk from around the world

Attached: IMG_3380.jpg (480x480, 74K)

You're a fucking retard.

chin up gramps, you'll catch up to us youngsters someday

Hows killing yourself going? Figure out the noose yet?

aww heck old-timer, no need to get salty. just accept that you're past your (admittedly pathetic) prime and move on

i literally turned 24 days ago lads, am i old yet??

i used to listen to a lot of metal, drum n bass, and industrial when i was a teen

now i listen to a lot of post punk, uk garage/2step, dubstep, as well as synthpop and recently a lot of hip hop as well

>27
>listening to music I liked when I was 22 for the nostalgia

At 25, having been on this board since I was a teenager, I'd say the main thing that changed is I don't listen to as much new music as I used to, I used to listen to more than 20 albums I hadn't heard before every week, but now I'm unlikely to even do 1 a day

I also listen to bad music with nostalgia whereas before I might have just avoided it entirely because it sucked and I was embarrassed I used to like it

I also find I like a lot more music in theory than I do in practice, meaning I still think of artists as my all-time favorites even if I haven't really listened to them in years after wearing them out and memorizing all their stuff

Im sure it's tough to figure it out being as you're a retard, but you'll get it one day bud and everyone can be rid of you, how nice

24 as well and it's the first time I've felt old. 25 is gonna suck

whoopsie daisy looks like your dementia is acting up again

Same desu senpai, I'm going backwards and just enjoying the nostalgic ride

Cringe

I used to listen to a lot of drum and bass (the darker stuff) when I was ~15, but I kinda grew out of it.

>26
>Used to listen to John Fahey, Neil Young, lots of 90a indie like Pavement, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill etc.
>Now listen to mostly death metal, disembowelment, demigod, pestilence, undergang, ascended dead, incantation

Just turned 25 yesterday. Used to listen to a lot of rap when I was 15-18. Now it's alt rock, shoegaze, electronic, ambient etc

Im 27. I was completely burned out from music by your age. Imagine growing up at the tail end of the normal record industry. Then BAM napster.
Imagine having, over night, the entire catalog of recorded music through out history, all for free, at anytime you wanted, from every country, from every genre, from every year

Christ, and then when i turn about 16 or 17 i find mu, and they have these charts for music. Im listening to kraut rock, shoegaze, black metal, IDM, Zeuhl

mother fucker do you even fucking know what Zeuhl is?

Okay so you just keep going more and more obscure till your listening to john cage playing an amplified cactus

And then this is when rock starts to die in the mainstream. I miss rock music. When i was a kid there was variety in music. Now its just nigger poetry and pop sluts. Its fucking disgusting. I cant relate to young people at all.

It was so fucking disgusting watching people get brain worms and buying into corporate mediocrity and pretending shit like beyonce is good

Okay, i guess this is when microgenres start happening like vapor wave,chillwave, or hypnogogogugic pop, these things are proably the only reason this decade didnt suck.

Now.
I dont know. Music seems so sterile and corporate. I feel like im stranded on an island and i only listen to shit that sounds good to me.

>what music have you enjoyed more with age
Prog rock, noise rock and post rock. When younger i found these genres kind of depressing but not anymore.
>what music isn't as appealing
Rap and gay ass happy pop, neo psychedelia etc.

I'm 27, 28 in june..its whatever

Damn kids

A lot more classical, but still listen to everything. Less rap.

Most of the stuff I still listened in my early twenties. Jazz, Punk and (black) metal., I still love now.
My taste haven't changed much I guess.

>26
>no longer into IDM, most indie, Punk
>now: delta blues, library music, prog electronic, new age, funk, jazz, acid folk, psych

outside of friendo, i wish this board was more full of fellow oldfags like itt

Soon to be 25. I think my world changed in 2008/2009, when I discovered The Residents and Mahmoud Awad.
Nowadays I listen to things in phases. Had a big post-punk phase in late 2017 after a medieval summer, and now it's been a solid 2 months I've been mostly listening to John Maus.
I'm also always trying to discover new "world music" ever since I was 14 though, tired of french and english.

Op here, I go to /r/letstalkmusic sometimes. Usually better than mu due to the age of average poster

Turning 25 soon. Only growing to love industrial and bleeps more and more over the years. I used to listen to a bit more metal when I was in high school buy I never do now.

I used to listen to metal when I was 13-17 but then I got into weebshit, lately I've been returning to metal but also getting into post-rock and stuff because I'm depressed and angry about everything and cutesy Japanese stuff doesn't get me anymore.

the future is going to be weird as fuck.
Old people are going to be people who grew up shitposting on Sup Forums, playing the n64, and listening to metal and gangsta rap

>what music have you enjoyed more with age?
good music
>what music isn't as appealing?
bad music
31 years old and lately i've been listening to Faith No More, John Martyn, Daniel Johnston, Bohren & Der Club of Gore, Cows, Blue Nile, Moondog, Rip Rig & Panic, Blonde Redhead, Roy Harper and Morphine. currently listening to pic-related, one of my favorites from 2018

Attached: V-CA-_npJZ0bktrbw-U6aS8J1EafqdG2mn03CTHjwk1B_xPOKh6y_sePG8uj8icyzZkBfQOyflS6gOZIH2pdPvRorSVEGnwqLNc_ (628x629, 78K)

37 year old frogposter here

Mostly instrumental, ambient, Jazz, IDM, Classical.
Vocals annoy me most of the time.

Attached: 1518011226585.png (1508x892, 171K)

My music taste changed the most from between the ages of 14 to 17. I'm 27 now and I still listen to what I liked 10 years ago, just more of it. The only real 'new' genres I've gotten I to in that time was Dubstep (because it didn't exist back then for a bit) and Footwork (because it wasn't listened to outside of Chicago until 2010).

14:
Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Power Metal, UK Garage.

17:
Drum & Bass, Jungle, Gabber, J-Core, UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, Speedcore, Makina.

27:
Breakbeat Hardcore, Jungle, Drum & Bass, UK Garage, Grime, Dubstep, Footwork, UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, Hip Hop.

Hey ninja

>42
>Stopped listning to mostly 60's and 70's and guitar music etc
>Started listening to 80's and 90's house/rave/, ambient house , happy-hardcore, big-beat etc

it's a topsy turvy world

>25
>still virgin

Attached: 1493730726814.jpg (530x530, 131K)

>27
>Sometimes I try to put on music but I feel no emotional response anymore and eventually it starts to seem like a distracting noise so I just turn it off.

>frogposter
filtered

i've started getting into nu metal recently so, that's good

the riffs slap

carli come back pls...

>house, lo-fi indie, ambient, idm

32, here's my evolution
>Gala - freed from desire
>Oasis
>Nirvana
> Pixies, Breeders, indie pop and rock
>baroque
>a few years ago I discovered 2 styles that I used to hate: jazz and metal

Oh and country for all these years. I'm not even a burger, but there are so many great country artists. There's a series by Mike Judge on legendary country outlaws, you should check it out.

A little bit of a late bloomer. You're a good trip lad, remind me of hampus with confidence

Listening to everything I liked since I was 15, just picking up new music along the way. "Growing out" of something is for fatties.

26 here

on the left is my top 10 on last.fm for 2010, the first full year i was using that site. on the right is my top 10 for 2017.

worth nothing though that i still enjoy every artist on the 2010 side, so... i guess not much has really changed, to be honest. i definitely listen to less prog/metal than i did back then but i'm not "over" either of those genres.

Attached: 2010-2017.jpg (1284x432, 85K)

Just listen to some Bossa Nova and chill

Tobacco is so damn fun

ur still here lmao i thought friendo was the only oldtrip left

~15 -19 - Black Metal, Hardcore (US), Drum and Bass (Neurotech)
I went to a bunch of local shows and knew friends in well known Black Metal bands.

~20-27 - Breakcore, Grime, UK Garage, Dubstep, Jungle, Trip-hop, Industrial, Instrumental Hip Hop.
Drum and Bass is what introduced me into electronic music. I hated hip hop until I found Kano, Skepta and Dizzee Rascal.

Current age 28 - EBM, Industrial Techno, Acid Techno, Tech/House, Juke/Footwork, Dub Techno.
I got bored by current music and wanted to branch back to earlier music that I overlooked as a kid.

I never stopped enjoying certain genres, maybe just lost interest in finding new stuff within those genres. I haven't really felt the need to look up recent Black Metal bands.

Witchy still posts occasionally too

wait, what is still here from time to time as well

Lol I'm the total opposite, never got into any of the extreme metal as a teenager and now love it

>23 (turn 24 in a month)
>virgin
>job gives me no free time
>have done nothing with my life
>addicted to opiods so if i were to have sex i wouldnt even cum

really ive failed in every aspect of life and my only enjoyment is music and recently ive lost interest in that too. cant maintain friendships or relationships cause i dont trust anyone. only positive is im not completely socially fucked and i can maintain conversations really well until i eventually get bored of them and drift into doing my own thing until i find someone cool again and repeat the process.

I'm 25 and barely listen to music now, been deep into jazz, soul, funk and disco last 3-4 years

Less appealing:
>Noise
>Breakcore
>Technical Death Metal

More appealing
>Progressive folk
>Progressive rock
>Minimalism
>Drone
Good death metal choices. I know this gets said a lot but dISEMBOWELMENT is excellent.

>38
>self employed
>musician
>like/listen to same stuff as in my 20s
>revisited stuff I liked as a teen, half was garbage, half was still good

>caring at this point
grow up.
it's not a big deal unless you act like retard and think putting your penis in some vagina will help you to become confident and reasonable person

Except music, culture, and society is going to be unimaginable, so the people who listened to gangster rap will be the equivalent of people who listened to 50s rock and roll now.

How old are you witchy?

By 25 you can just lie you had sex if anyone for some weird reason asks.

25 here
stopped pretty much all music which is not electronic. every now and then ill put a record on with guitars but I dont buy those anymore

got into dance music and dancing

ok but not really seeing how this is music related? check rule 3.

feels good being older desu
i dont care about pleb or patrician, how cheesy anything is. how old, how new like i used to as a young teen
entertaining is entertaining regardless