14 oscar nominations... fucking really

14 oscar nominations... fucking really

this is the biggest oscar bait I've ever seen
>blatant pandering to hollywood and the oscar jury
>cheap cultural references (hurr rude costumer who doesn't eat gluten)
>romanticized underdogs who achieve success by sheer power of will (and not because they know people in the business)
>le quirky characters
>hurr LA is so beautiful if only it wasn't for that traffic amirite xD
>oh look at the background, roman soldiers and cowboys.... truly a DREAM FACTORY
>usually I hate these pol faggots but this movie shoves the token DIVERSITY in your face, eventhough it solely concentrates on Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as characters
>OH YOU DON'T LIKE JAZZ WTF, Y U NO FREE SPIRIT LIKE ME!!!!!!!

just look at these fucking lyrics
>Here's to the ones who dream
>Foolish as they may seem
>Here's to the hearts that ache
>Here's to the mess we make
>She told me
>A bit of madness is key
>To give us new colors to see

this shit was written to win oscars, oh le poor suffering artists who follow their dreams on a selfless cruise to better humanity

fuck actors and fuck the guild

why u triggered, movie was pretty good lol

it's not even that good

Figures that Sup Forums hates it. Bunch of virgins never had a girlfriend so they can't relate.

two faggots try to make it in pedowood.

dude I have a bunch of e-girlfriends

>people get THIS upset about some film winning some award

>talks about Sup Forums in third person as if you aren't part of it

ok, leave

you sound butthurt
did they dance a hole in your anus?

The leads were absolutely shit. Can't sing act or dance. And the writing was abysmal.

Something about Ryan Gosling makes me want to punch him in the face

Yeah, I didn't much care for the characters and the references were so shallow - literally "encoder for Bazinga's Nintendo"- tier.

Okay so you think it shouldn't get the oscar for the screenplay.

What about the other 13 nomination categories?

The songs weren't hard to perform so it doesn't sound as bad as you might think.

It's a well made movie and I appreciate the effort but musicals just isn't my thing. La la Land could easily have been thirty minutes shorter. The songs are catchy and I like Goslings character, they could've explorered it a bit more. Stone's character is your average underdog actress.

The best thing about the film? The cinematography, it was fantastic. Love the wide shots, long takes and colors.
>14 Oscar nominations
Just stop... just stop.

La La Land would've been a top 3 contender in about every other year of this decade quite easily. And is still an instant classic because an above average musical film its truly a hard find. Most of musicals are classically tailored for gay men and older women. So this one is a different, a hipster take on the genre, idk much about the director, cant tell whether he's a stage/broadway guy or not but he liked the genre and decided to give his alternative take on it and that is why it's breaking the barriers.

Now I haven't seen the movie yet but I dont feel like it'll be an undeserved win at all. Last year didnt produce much excitement (among the public)

It was written almost like a tv movie to me as far as the main characters go. Just too basic

dishonest filmmaking

>Now I haven't seen the movie yet
then shut the fuck up

Just about everything is "well made" these days. To the point it is no longer notable.

A movie has to be something other than competent to be notable.

>romanticized underdogs who achieve success by sheer power of will (and not because they know people in the business)

ryan gosling's character does know people in the business, that's how he gets his break, and what happened with emma stone's character is common. you keep performing and someone will hire you for something.

>le quirky characters
>hurr LA is so beautiful if only it wasn't for that traffic amirite xD
>oh look at the background, roman soldiers and cowboys.... truly a DREAM FACTORY

what? are these criticisms? you're just stating aspects of the movie in a retarded tone of voice.

>usually I hate these pol faggots but this movie shoves the token DIVERSITY in your face, eventhough it solely concentrates on Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as characters

how on earth does it do that?

ryan gosling can definitely dance

Stone cancelled him out though she was embarassing

So like what? They have to center on a niggerfaggot?

is was a glib facsimile

>hurr durr oscar bait
why do you guys still care anyway?
every year there's oscar baits and every year oscar baits win

It doesn't deserve 14 nominations but holy shit, you are so fucking bitter.

It's just Oscars. Goddamn.