>Saturday November 4 - Showtime US
Deontay Wilder vs Bermane Stiverne
Shawn Porter vs Adrian Granados

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0u4y6QjZ9Q
boxingscene.com/chris-eubank-jr-if-groves-wins-it-happen-january--121234
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The King

Eubz Jr already training again, posting snaps from the gym.

>HARDWORK

Eubank will KO Groves

Some of his sparring with Froch is online that was a few years back. Callum Smith would be very awkward as he's so tall but he wasn't great against Skoglund he might be able to get inside easier against him than against Groves

I saw the sparring, and it looked like Eubz had his way. I think he could probably get inside on Callum, but I just don't see him being effective against those huge super middles.

Smith looked like shit though

>so /box/ do jew really teenk Golobkeen Juan the fight?

Boxing was never my friend

who are boxers who stayed sharp as they aged? like rocky marciano or jake lamotta

a lot of the rounds were close and difficult for novices to score. Personally I had it 7-5 Golovkin winning, but it wouldn't be outrageous for others to have 7-5 the other way. Byrd was wrong though

Jack Dempsey

George Foreman, the dude sounds like he never had a fight in his life. Sharp as fuck

Joe Calzaghe

46 fights, 46 wins, 0 brain damage

Duran and Chavez Sr., amazingly enough

Roy Jones
Dude has been KO stiff a couple times, but it doesnt seem to have affected him at all

>That hurted him, Max

Can't believe nobody's mentioned B-Hop yet. The GOAT of aged fighters.

He says some stupid shit but thats not because he has brain damage. Its because he's a uneducated nig

Anyone who was a pro fighter before the 2000's. They could all have 200+ fights and not show a sign of brain damage

Fighters today are brainlets

Tommy Hearns would like to have a word with you.
Seriously, the other Fab 4 have aged pretty well, at least judging from their speech. But since the 2000s Hearns has just increasingly declined.

Yeah true, but Hagler, Duran and SSL all had god tier chins. Hearns was kind of a chinlet

The Kronk was also pretty well known for non-stop gym wars

Boxer Eubank Jr Sends A Chilling Message I Recap HD

Good job is just burned down then

some people are just naturally tough, don;t think im in that cateogory because I really don't like being punched hard, but its amazing to me how a heavyweight boxer can come out of his career with zero brain damage more or less just because he's genetically a tough fucker

The original Kronk closed down because the pipes got raided for copper. Apparently some guys broke in one night and ripped out all the plumbing. We don't have Gypsies in America, I swear

maybe its just confirmation bias, but a lot of the heavyweights actually sounds pretty good in their old age.

Foreman, Bruno, Lewis, Randy Neumann, Wepner, Chuvalo. All those guys are old as hell, had long careers and sound pretty good. Maybe it has something to do with not dehydrating yourself before fights?

Tyson Fury has told the story of him showing up at the Kronk gym to spar out of the blue a few times...

>Maybe it has something to do with not dehydrating yourself before fights?

Its probably this to be honest

Well then it'd probably be similar for the rest of the HW division but the last time I heard Larry Holmes (commentating the Estrada vs Gonzalez fight) he didn't sound to good.

Well its not true for every fighter, look at Ali. But i think in general most HWs who are good retire and seem functional later on

i would like to scientifically plot all this and see if we can find some results

plot skull weight/thickness/size against punches taken in career approx and fighting weight, times KO'd, average cut as a % of bodymass and a bunch of other variables

maybe its a kinda horseshoe where the heavyweights and the flyweights are getting the least brain damage, and somewhere in the middle you get the guys who get hit with significant power, hundreds of times in a fight and dehydrate almost 10% of their bodyweight getting the worst CTE

Larry holmes fought until his 50's tho.

a lot of the old legends fought way past their prime.

Yeah. People want to say that he gots brain damage because of the shit he says,but just think about the average 52 year old former boxer.

Well i think weight is intersting, you talk Ali who was 6ft3 and fought the bulk of his career weighing around 220lbs. The you take George Foreman who was also 6ft3 but fougt the bulk of his career around 240lbs. I wonder if keeping in the kind of shape Ali kept himself in the earlier/mid parts of his career added to the punishment his brain took

George Foreman...pretty much made a mint with that grill.

I miss him commentating on HBO. Foreman is the best

He made like 200mil with it

I used to have one of those, was actually really fucking nice when I was living in the dorms in college

there will alwyas be outliers so it wouldn't be good to single out any one person, but for ali specifically I think how much he relyed on his stellar chin may have contributed to his brain damage

though, ali may have developed parkinsons had he never been a boxer at all, its impossible to know

That is true, Ali lived off his chin the second half of his career

is kalle ever not fucked up

like you'd think he could lay off for a single evening when he knows he's going to be on the cameras

is it just me or does it look like eubank jr deliberately pulls that face he does

like its not his natural face at all

He is trying to be his dad

is chris eubank was my dad my eyes would have fallen out my head from rolling them so much

Why did he stop? Would prefer him over bhop

*continuing post about boxing ring girls and their lip injections*
these are the same person. which one?

I'm fairly certain Merchant and the execs hated him, Merchant hated him personally and the execs hated him because he used to call out bullshit scores.

I love Big George as a person but he was a pretty terrible analyst

Calzaghe also barely sparred in the second half of his career due to his broken hands

Brutal sparring and weight cutting are probably the two biggest factors.

McClellan is the most extreme example of that, he showed many warning signs before the Benn fight but that was the final straw.

>Was well on his way to breaking Mayweather's "undefeated" streak
>randomly loses to some chink bum

did (((they))) pay him to take a dive so that Mayweather's legacy wouldn't be completely irrelevant for the next few decades?

the first one was a robbery to preserve Mayweather's legacy
after that he was too broken mentally to put up any kind of fight ever again

that's heartbreaking desu. Really wonder what Mayweather's legacy would be like if he wasn't undefeated, or how he'd respond to even losing.

left.

Why is British boxing so GOAT tier lads

Contrast this with Toney who sparred instead of roadwork

ya a bunch of the really notable cases of guys slurring their words comes from people who sparred way too much.

Toney and Terry Norris come to mind.

posting one of the last few good heavyweight fights

youtube.com/watch?v=r0u4y6QjZ9Q

how popular is amateur boxing in terms of participation. Do most boys step into a boxing club and spar a bit as they grow up, even if they don't stick with it?

So what's good in boxing this week?

He has good skills, speed and power. idk about that chin though

EXPOSEDITO

I'd like to see Povetkin-Ortiz, they're in the same boat so they might as well fight each other

>Merchant hated him personally
Merchant hated everyone, but how the fuck can you hate on based George?

Him wanting to get into the ring during holyfield bowe III maybe

Saturdays card is good. Good boxers fighting other good boxers, something that doesn't happen often.

When will steroid stop dodging windmill?

left or right?

When some threads ago I said Wilder would be a harder fight for AJ than Wlad and that either him or Eddie didnt want the fight you guys gave me shit. Apparently I wasnt that wrong

that's one tightly wrapped ham

>believing #humble

Aj is literally just waiting for Wilder to fight somebody with a pulse so that he actually gets credit for the win. Since he's a cash cow he can feast on the ever growing UK and European HW division making bank in the meantime.

they're stalling until they can find a proper masking agent for the PEDs

Right

>post a picture with two manlier men
Protip: you cant

>RamonNomarManuelFerarradpAvaAddams.webm

good taste

I need names NOW

lol no casual on this planet knows who gonzalez is, so no - definitely not
it was just a normal robbery, just one of many

>robbery
>gets knocked out cold next fight

>Believing the hbo narrative

How do italian women view black guys? I'm italian and black and taking a trip out there. Will i be able to get paisana pussy?

Was he elite or shit?

It's not Eddie, Eddie wants it at Wembley in July. He has other people around him planning his career, Freddie Cunningham his manager and Rob McCracken his trainer. Joshua is making $15 million a fight, he's a brand and Wilder brings little to the table. The fight that would have legitimised Wilder against Ortiz isn't happening so now people like Freddie will be thinking take Haye or Parker and let Wilder take a real fight against Dillian Whyte or Dominic Breazeale.

You kidding? There's a reason Chocolate Tito was getting record paydays for his division. Casuals knew him more than any other fighter in the smaller classes.

And most people believe he was robbed in the first fight. But obviously second one was the definitive lods

Groves vs Eubank in January would be a great start to the year. 2018 is going to be just as full as 2017
boxingscene.com/chris-eubank-jr-if-groves-wins-it-happen-january--121234

how do the girls in manchester look ill be there soon

shouldnt it be easy game then if you don't look like the average brit

let it be known here i predicted eubank jr would win WBSS and become world champion back in 2016

i'm also white if that matters

>i'm also white if that matters
you're Australian, so being white is worthless.

if his chin is anything like his dad's he will be able to ship a lot of punishment, his defense is very good regardless

Looking to work on your high guard?

what the fuck does that mean, bitch?

australians are fags

What do you mean you are italian, you have italians parents? I dont know tbqh how girls see blacks, I think like everywhere else some care some dont. Young girls are obviously more open minded, dont know what age you are. But you are a tourist so you'll bè fine I guess if you are average looking, they always have some appeal.

go to bed you fat cunt

my mom's sicillian and my dad's black