Recommend me something like this. Looking for manly lo-fi rock

Recommend me something like this. Looking for manly lo-fi rock.

Attached: 0a8babeb0aa541bfc1183c47b9f46737.png (1400x1400, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allmusic.com/album/bee-thousand-mw0000625388/similar
youtube.com/watch?v=oTGjonq_LKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>manly

Attached: 1429541300133.jpg (256x352, 17K)

allmusic.com/album/bee-thousand-mw0000625388/similar

Attached: 99DDAB43-1DE5-4A59-A30A-F06D90FE06D7.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Music that sounds manly.

Sebadoh sounds a lot like GBV
Pavement
Yo La Tengo
Lung Leg
A lot of Elephant 6 stuff is similar in that it's lo-fi but different sound

>He doesn't know that Robert Pollard is easily the most masculine figure in the history of indie rock

i love Bob and his music but there's nothing macho about him or GBV. unless you think alcoholism is masculine as fuck

I like sebadoh but I dont see the connection to gbv at all

my man, the guy is literally, "sports, love my kids, love beer" this is american masculinity at it's peak. None of the hyper over-compensating masculinity you see on this shit-hole.

calm down dick, he's still an outcast in some ways and a creative weirdo. his family never supported his music so he rebelled, he decided to talk real life less serious out of spite. his family kept doubting that his music would ever find an audience or be respected and he proved them wrong. some of his songs are emotionally resonant in a very spiritual way.

I don't disagree with you dude. If anything the point is that societal understanding of masculinity is highly one-dimensional and completely lacks any nuance to deal with real life.

What are some essential gbv albums?

OP's pic
Alien Days
Propellor
Under the Bushes Under the Sky
Isolation Drills

Honestly though the greatest hits album album is unironically one of their best, as it it trims the fat that makes up a bulk of some of their albums

*Alien Lanes, forgive me boys I got the day off from work so I'm a little buzzed

youtube.com/watch?v=oTGjonq_LKA

Alcoholism is masculine in my country t. OP

i'd add vampire on titus to this list

Never liked that one as much, I may just be a pleb but it's a little too aggressively lo-fi for me

I think unironically same about The Smiths greatest hits album.

Attached: 710b4gHtuJL._SL1425_.jpg (1425x1425, 130K)

That's not a greatest hits. It's a collection of b-sides and alternate studio takes/performances. Same with louder than bombs and the world won't listen.