"Eno's work with Coldplay on Viva La Vida is astonishing, especially for a band that fell off like they did...

"Eno's work with Coldplay on Viva La Vida is astonishing, especially for a band that fell off like they did. But one thing still confuses me. I genuinely have never understood why he, in all his infinite wisdom, ever worked with U2 in the first place. They're just pure sanctimonious and self-indulgent Top 40 drivel. Bono with his stupid sunglasses moaning about Africa over some generic instrumental, I mean come on. U2 is an affront to legitimate artistry.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.07.41 AM.png (353x227, 101K)

>I genuinely have never understood why he, in all his infinite wisdom, ever worked with U2 in the first place.
Because it paid his bills you fool.

name a more anti-soy band than U2

U2 weren't that famous in 1984 though.

Do U2 even have a single song about Africa...

Bono was a featured vocalist in we are the world
They did a song for a nelson mandela soundtrack like 2 years ago

Oh

Love me some deepcuts

If you can't appreciate pre 2000s U2 then you're a pleb

It's Joe Satriani's song really.

The patrician's critic, no memes or irony in sight.

False u2 are pleb through and through

>The patrician's critic
That's not 12tone, Sideways, Rick Beato or Samuel Andreyev.

>le entry-level Sup Forumscore pleb youtuber

t. 12 year old

>look at me Im so edgy and watch people that nobody knows

I feel bad for you. No one should base their taste in music on memes

>Boy
>War
>The Unforgettable Fire
>The Joshua Tree
>Achtung Baby
>Zooropa
Come on.

All U2 albums up until The Joshua Tree are good at least. And so are all Coldplay albums up until Viva La Vida

Achtung Baby and Zooropa are great. X and Y sucks.

Nah, Pitchfork. Talk alone makes it a good album

>look at me Im so edgy and watch people that nobody knows
How am I edgy? I mentioned channel names. Every channel besides Samuel Andreyev has more than 100 000 subscribers. It's not even about the numbers, it's about the quality. I should've added "le patrician's choice" to be taken seriously as you have, right?

I'm not basing it on Pitchfork, just my opinion. I personally like Ghost Storys better than X/Y and everyone hates that album

Eno basically transformed U2 from generic new wave band into legitimate artists. U2 has made only three albums that are elite: Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Achtung Baby. First two were made with Eno and his flunky, Daniel Lanois. Last one, just Lanois. Unforgettable Fire was one of the best albums of the 80s by any artist

But U2's best album (War) came before they teamed up with Eno

Not surprised. Edgy brits into "real music" always slag off U2 and Bono excessively.

but everybody knows Sideways

Who