This was the first flag of unified Switzerland

This was the first flag of unified Switzerland.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_republic#Contemporary
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lame

lithuania tier

French definitly is the language of the elite.

Africa tier

No it isn't. This is. The Helvetic Republic was a Napoleonic client state. The Old Swiss Confederation existed for centuries before it.

WE

>french on the flag
Patrician Switzerland, like always

Looks African.

>confederation
It was a confederation of separate sovereign entities. That's why I specified "unified" in the OP. It was a French client state, sure, but at least it was a unified French client state, like the Kingdom of Italy.

Switzerland is still a confederation right now, you drooling retard. It doesn't even have a de jure capital.

That was the only period Switzerland was ever unified you dumb burg

Technically, the US is still a federation, but are you prepared to argue the US isn't unified?
De jure != de facto

Federation =/= confederacy

What the fuck does the US have to do with the fact that Switzerland is a confederation and therefore not unified according to you?

>De jure

Stop vomiting your fat all over the place

looks like africa

And yet the Confederation of the Rhine was a confederation that I'm sure you would also call a unified puppet state under France's control. Whatever they call it, the fact of how it's governed is how you determine if it's a single state or not.

Zitto animale

>And yet the Confederation of the Rhine was a confederation that I'm sure you would also call a unified puppet state under France's control. Whatever they call it, the fact of how it's governed is how you determine if it's a single state or not.
What the fuck are you babbling about, we are talking about today's Condederatio Helvetica not about German puppet states under Napoleon. Stop posting

America is the best flag in the world
prove me wrong protip you cant haha lmao
YOU
ES
AYE

My state run the same colors.

>brainlet lacks the ability to make connections across multiple examples
ZITTO

Okay, let's actually respond to your horrid post as if it were written by an actual person and not by a retarded mutt that has no fucking idea of what he is talking about
>And yet the Confederation of the Rhine was a confederation that I'm sure you would also call a unified puppet state under France's control
Of course, because that's what it was. Today's Switzerland is no one's puppet, and being a puppet or not has nothing to do with the internal structure of a state
>Whatever they call it, the fact of how it's governed is how you determine if it's a single state or not.
Each canton has its laws and autonomy, they are way more independent than American states, and as it was already stated, there is no Swiss capital. Therefore, Switzerland is not a single state, it's a confederation of states

>The Old Swiss Confederation wasn't unified since it was a confederation!
>The New Swiss Confederation is unified since it's a confederation!
Honestly kill yourself, Noorleenite subhuman.

>Each canton has its laws and autonomy
So do American states
>they are way more independent than American states
How so? And how can you claim it's more independent to the extent of warranting each canton being a sovereign country? Last I checked the UN didn't recognize each canton as individual member states.
>and as it was already stated, there is no Swiss capital
That's not a good measure of statehood. South Africa has 3 capitals, and the de facto capital of Switzerland is Bern, even though it's not officially the capital.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_republic#Contemporary

Nobody is making either of those arguments here. The states of the Old Swiss Confederation had a great deal more autonomy than the cantons of the New Swiss Confederation.

Absolutely fat posts.

Agreed

Wew lads

I like our current one better
There was a motion to bring back this one or a similar african looking flag, but it was more of a public stunt than an actual referendum. That shit wouldn't fly here anymore