Terrace House

Aloha State is out this week and there's only one thread in the archive. Why is such a great show so unpopular?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/uchiharatatsuya/
instagram.com/minori_nakada/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping with recent Boys&Girls reunion

just watched three four episodes on neetflix, not really feeling the setting 2bh, i liked it much better when they were in japan, but ill watch the rest was only 8eps anyho

Glad TH is back but I'm hating the chemistry between this group. Needs some new members, fuck it, bring back Arman.

THIS!

Yosuke needs to go.

Also, Part 2 when?

I'm not liking all of this white dna desu.

Yusuke needs to ask Lauren out on a date or he needs to get the fuck out.

Yeah, isn't a nice house in Tokyo more of a big deal than a nice house in Hawaii.
I hear it's really hard to find a nice place in Tokyo.

It's nice that it's set in Hawaii, it's beautiful and the housemates seem more relaxed.

The unfortunate thing is having to see all of these ugly ass white people and having to listen to their drawling English accents. Tokyo wasn't definitely more enjoyable to watch.

Fuck letting this thread die. Posting best girl.

The dual lingual stuff is really strange. I'm expecting katakana speak for brands and stuff at most and they'll just start speaking paragraphs of perfect English. I'm really shocked the hosts didn't even mention it the first time it happened.

Minori a cute

>group chemistry so bad they literally had to spring old housemates on them

Fuck.

It's just not Japanese enough. There's none of the over politeness, none of the subtle passive aggressive shit when people are mad at each other. Hopefully the realize they fucked up and move it back to Japan next series.

>There's none of the over politeness, none of the subtle passive aggressive shit when people are mad at each other.
I fucking miss this shit soooo much. My understanding is that, in Japan, the cultural norm is to put others wellbeing before your own, in all cases, no matter how trivial. That really came across in the last season, from the way they handled "The Meat Incident" to how the group dealt with Natsumi. The very formal sit downs and sense of responsibility they all had to each other was very appealing to me. They came across as a "no drama" sort of group, even when they got mad at eachother. That was amazing to watch as a lot of reality TV revolves around presenting petty squabbling as 'story'.

The current group, maybe because they're younger and whiter, seem totally different. They've got a cattiness about them which is really counter to what I enjoyed about the last season. A few episodes in and they're already falling out over cleaning up. Also, sticking an 18 year old virgin in house where the only other girl his age is a fucking 10/10 model just seems stupid.

Put it back in Tokyo, please.

So nobody is eating anyone's beef or berating people about their future being unclear?

Nope. Squabbling over not cleaning up and 'le awkward virgin' shit.

I was dreading this when they put it in the U.S. I know it has a heavy Japanese populace, but this really needed to stay in Japan.

Hopefully the movie to USA wasn't a Netflix inspired localization move for normies. They already localize it enough by changing the background music.

This basically.

>Hopefully the movie to USA wasn't a Netflix inspired localization move for normies.
It obviously was.

Based user, Minori best girl.

Mizuki is a close second.

I think you mean her sister Kurumi

>Mizuki is a close second.
My nigga.

Best girl to not actually be in the house. I was hoping that she'd join.

I just finished watching 'Part 1'

the last three episodes are really good and part 2 looks promising, i expect 2 members to leave (Yusuke and Naomi)

>You will never cuck a qt Japanese chick by fucking her old, more assertive sister.

>I was hoping that she'd join.
That episode where they were waiting for a new girl and she comes to visit made me so mad

Are Minori and Uchi still dating? I want to believe but her not being here with another girl's arm around Uchi has me worried.

They're not on each other's recent Instagram photos so probably not no

instagram.com/uchiharatatsuya/

instagram.com/minori_nakada/

Yusuke is r9k holy shit. At least he's autistic about music instead of anime and vidya.

At first I didn't like the idea of them shoving somebodies sister in there but then I was actually disappointed when I realised that wan't happening. Kurumi was cool as fuck, I wish I knew a girl like her.

Judging by their respective instagrams, they're not together. Arman and Masako have cute grams though.

ukulele kid never stood a chance with hafu chad in the house

>hafu chad
More like hafu dad. Niggas 27.

Also
>checking the grams before the end of the season

Why is she so perfect?

As good a he is music isn't going to fucking save him. He's too visibly nervous, that shit throws women off.

tfw I will never feel the way I felt when Hansan left the house

someone needs to tell him to join a band instead of doing that gimmicky acoustic shit

She really reminds me of Minori. Even ends up running with one of the guys like her.

I wish Hansan was my older brother.
I thought the exact same thing. Like a hafu Minori, a Minori+.

The three girls sort of mirror the last three.

Minori & Lauren
>Brunnette models
>Both aspire to the rural life
>Both prefer to spend time in doors
>Similar, awkward quirks

Mizuki & Avian
>Blonde and tanned
>More outdoorsy
>Banal retail careers

Yuriko & Naomi
>Pasty, forgettable features
>Hung up on an ex

So glad there is finally a Terrace House thread. Not got to Aloha state. Natsumi is clearly best girl and Handa is my fucking hero

>You will never bore the shit out of Minori while you rant autistically about your hobbies to her

Feels bad bros

>Natsumi best girl
She was fucking crazy.

wtf Lauren is friend's of joji (filfthyfrank)

>You will never cry autistically when she eats your meat and reveal you closeted virginity to her.

Fucking lol. I knew she was a sperg.

Yeah but ffs Misaki was annoying as fuck of course she took umbridge

Fairplay, I would've taken Natsumi over Misaki. Natsumi was cute as fuck when they reigned her in. Seems like the type of girl who it would feel good to keep in line.

Eh, I liked Misaki aside when she was getting catty with Natsumi. It was deserved though. Plus it wasn't just her, Natsumi had problems with Minori too.

>Official B&GITC Power Rankings
>Minori
>Mizuki
>Arisa
>Masako
>Riko
>Natsumi
>Momoka
>Misaki

Natsumi was a massive instigator.

Why did no one protect her? Hayato a shit.

She knew what she wanted.

He used her for sex and tossed her aside when they were found out. He only came crawling back because everyone started treating him like the asshole he is.

Hayato was an asshole but girls aren't for saving.

>Voted cutest highschooler in JP
>Cried during her bikini shoot
>Disgraced her rep on international TV

So how long until she does JAV?

She'll bounce back. Prosecutor Barnes was getting harassed so bad for bringing it up he quit twitter, so she has fans who kept supporting her. Plus crying during a bikini shoot is about as pure as you can get, if anything that would help her.

I think being a hafu, Byrnes didn't realise how damaging the revelation could've been to her career. He should have spoken to them off of camera. Her face when he dropped the dime was really upsetting.

>crying during a bikini shoot is about as pure as you can get
Sure, but I worry that it speaks to a weaker psyche, somebody who could be manipulated into doing things she's uncomfortable with.

>Prosecutor Barnes

Cute!

Byrnes is the best

Bump

>> Mizuki near top, Misaki and the bottom
Good

I loved that she was a secret nympho

DOES EVERY ASIAN GIRL GET A PROPER WHITE BOYFRIEND?

They're all at least part Asian, so no

Oh I see, is this one of those "which hapa is the murderer" mystery shows? XD

kek

He looks soo much like a part chinese, part white guy I know.

Arman makes me question my sexuality a little bit.

Is there any way to watch this without Netflix?

No, unfortunately. I guess it's not popular enough for those with the means to bother ripping it.

Bump

Has anyone ever seen the previous terrace house seasons? I think there was two or three before B&GITC came on Netflix.
I also heard that on JP Netflix episodes come out earlier fully English subbed.

Please don't die on me

>watching attractive people living a better life than you

how do you stand watching this shit?

>Has anyone ever seen the previous terrace house seasons?
I want to but no one has subbed it yet. There was only one house, boysxgirls next door, that went for a few years. It was popular enough that they ended it with a movie and I think that was supposed to be it before Netflix stepped in.
>I also heard that on JP Netflix episodes come out earlier fully English subbed.
Yeah, they do. Apparently places like Canada are getting it weekly with subs too. Netflix in America is built on the binge model though, so they do that when they can I guess. When they get exclusive anime they wait too, even though if it was somewhere like Crunchyroll it would be up immediately after the episode airs.

Maybe a little better because of the house, but they're not successful or anything. Every single one of them has "aspiring" in front of their job title because they all have either not even started their career or are at the bottom rungs. I have no problem relating with them.

Like Arman, I took my time with Hikaru for granted. Him talking about that and how much more he wanted to do with him was one of the things that hit me hardest in the series.