What the fuck is this shit excuse?

What the fuck is this shit excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/blog/2017/01/04/georgia-tech-climatologist-judith-curry
journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2011BAMS3139.1
scientificamerican.com/article/trump-administration-orders-epa-to-remove-its-climate-change-web-page1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally and unironically, what did he mean by this?

Who is "we"?

Apparently, Trump being president means they can't work.

These people are delusional. They genuinely believe Trump is the next Hitler and it's up to them to stop him.

Wheedon is a hack, he has to kiss ass to liberals/sjws now because he's got nothing good going on right now

I can only assume he's standing in a street somewhere whining about politics? I mean, fighting the power

hey he came to twitter
what happened?

Did he lost it? Was Disney too hard for him and being a pussy made him to lose it?

I say yes. Don't be a pussy.

Trump's pretty close to that. Already stopping government agencies from tweeting about the truth.

>I want to make movies but i'm just too damn busy giving a fuck what the internet thinks about me

this sort of thing is becoming an epidemic

Why doesn't this fag just move to Africa or the Middle East, seems right up his alley

>me gusta

He's saying "I can't/refuse do my job/passion because criticizing Trump is more important to me."

It's the equivalent of a teenager saying he can't do his homework or engage in his hobbies because he has to "stand up" to his "mean fascist parents".

That's how I felt until he started muzzling everyone. Now I think the concern is legitimate.

What a douche-nozzle.

WOW you literally don't

This is good news, this means we won't have to suffer his flicks for at least another 4 years. Thanks Trump.

What did he do now?

Yeah dude, telling civil servants to not be partisan is literally north korea

So why americans are usch pricks, i bet this wouldn't last a week in a real dictatorship

Fuck this woman-hating trash

Why do leftwing Americans go on and on about shit like "privilege" yet fail to see how freaking out like this over Trump is the biggest signifier of privilege ever

Telling environmental agencies to not talk about climate change is pretty fucked up.

stopped various government agencies from having free roam on social media

whether you see that as reigning in communication or horrific fascist censorship is entirely up to you

>live in a dictatoship where you can be send to prison or worse for very little things
>see that tweet

Those people are so full of themselves. They feel like the center of the world and their feelings matter the most

The national parks authority doesn't have the remit to talk about climate change

They even admitted they fucked up, it was a former employee in their SF office who still had the password

>whether you see that as reigning in communication or horrific fascist censorship is entirely up to you

No it's not

So you're saying these parks and such shouldn't say shit about the environment? Or post links to how you can help the environment? What's next should we pull their right to talk about how to prevent Forrest fires because fuck them they're not the fire department.

WHICH country?

Get over yourself

He's the head of the executive branch. Coincidentally, he has broad powers over the executive branch.

>So you're saying these parks and such shouldn't say shit about the environment?

Does the parks authority have congressional approval to set and publicise climate change policy or not

Same points every election, this Asshole was saying romney would bring the end of the US in the 2012 election

>telling civil servants to do their job
>this is LITERALLY FASCISM
>no it's not
>DUDE CALM DOWN GET OVER YOURSELF

Back to plebbit

Minimizing damage while he fires everyone

Climate change is not partisan. Silencing the EPA over that is beyond childish.

thats normal in almost every country

you cant have government employees saying FUCK THE PREZ LOL ima leak shit all over twitter, it just wasnt a problem with obama because everyone was on his dick and he didnt do anything anyway

do you go into work and tell your boss you wont listen to him because hes a dictator?

>>telling civil servants to do their job
>>this is LITERALLY FASCISM
That was the only part of fascism everyone agreed was cool. "Making the trains run on time".

The better things are, the less likely an actual fascist will take office one day.

liberals should be killed desu

I guess getting shit on by his feminist overlords and losing his job at Marvel really did a number on him, huh.

No, but talking about climate change is within their purview. Just because President dipshit is choosing to ignore all the evidence shouldn't mean others have to. That he's MAKING them stop. Is fucking fascist. It would be different if climate change was still up for debate, but it's fucking not. Only morons are still denying it.

If climate change is a proven fact then I dint see why they shouldn't be able to publicize it if it affects national parks (which it does)

>$508,374

The parks authority is part of the department of interior, and the EPA doesn't have remit over climate change either

Climate change is dealt with by the department of energy and the executive office

If I have a problem with my Boss I take it up with HR.

>Climate change is not partisan.
The coverage and analysis has been heavily politicized to the extent that you can be hounded academia for even criticizing models.

reason.com/blog/2017/01/04/georgia-tech-climatologist-judith-curry

Note that this lady never said anthropogenic global warming isn't real.

>What the fuck is this shit excuse?

They can't get business in an industry that doesn't want them?

No, that makes too much sense. Has to be something else.

>No, but talking about climate change is within their purview

It's literally not

> Just because President dipshit is choosing to ignore all the evidence shouldn't mean others have to. That he's MAKING them stop. Is fucking fascist.

Jesus Christ

>why they shouldn't

Because it's not their job to do that and there are finite resources

Do you want medicare to go to climate change research now? That's not how government works, different departments and agencies have different jobs

>dat awkward last donation
did he sell his kidney?

Member how Trump's team requested the names of everyone in government that had been involved with climate change policies from the EPA? I member.

Leftists can't get business in Hollywood...

As the environment WOULD have an effect on the parks, then yes talking about it Is in their purview. Just like they can talk about Forrest fires and preventative measures despite not being the fire department.

>Jesus Christ
Yeah, to you buddy. That you don't see someone trying to stop people from speaking the truth as wrong, then Jesus Christ there is no hope for you.

>there are finite resources
Yeah, man. Tweeting about climate change is really eating up that national parks budget.

Best part of Trump winning is cucks like this go into hysterics.

His argument: "I would like to go back to making films, but right now, there are more important things that I have to focus on."

Not that I agree with him, especially since Trump isn't a dictator, he's a fairly elected official who doesn't even hold the "ultimate power" within the government thanks to the checks and balances within the US government, and I think he's way overreacting to Trump (along with a lot of Trump haters).

However, I do understand what he meant in the OP, and I'm also pro-free speech and support him in speaking his mind, even when he's flat out wrong.

Member how he asked for break-downs of everyones' specific job of every department and the media focussed on that one thing?

You assume that's the only reason he shut them up.

>It would be different if climate change was still up for debate, but it's fucking not
Science is about constantly re-examining reality.. Everything is up for debate. Even if it weren't...yes, the Earth has gotten warmer, especially between the years 1980-2005 or so. But there are many questions left even with that as a given. Like

1. How much, if any, did humans contribute to it
2. What can be done if the contribution was significant
3. What SHOULD be done by the government, given other competing needs that must be met.

These are not easy questions and each itself involves lots of other questions. On top of this, government policy on climate has to involve multiple scientific disciplines by necessity. At the very least, climatologists, meteorologists, and various kinds of economists have to be able to speak to each other coherently. Which is not easy given how different their fields are.

To say the climate issue is settled is a horrific oversimplification. It's like saying "we figured out world economics, here's the optimal tax rate. You can go home now".

>As the environment WOULD have an effect on the parks, then yes talking about it Is in their purview

The environment would have an effect on public health too, so should DHHS divert medicare funds to finance solar panels?

>Just like they can talk about Forrest fires and preventative measures despite not being the fire department.

They can talk about forest fires because THAT'S THEIR JOB AS DEFINED BY STATUTE AND ORDER

>Yeah, to you buddy. That you don't see someone trying to stop people from speaking the truth as wrong, then Jesus Christ there is no hope for you.

Call it what you want, it's not fucking fascism you teen plebbitor

All part of a general audit. It's a good thing to focus on given the pork involved in some of the Obama subsidies.

I recommend anyone with an interest in anthropogenic climate change read this article, by the way

journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2011BAMS3139.1

Global warming is real but scientists allowed it to get political in their rush for a solution and publicity, leading to shoddy science on the scale of Carl Sagan's nuclear winter warnings.

>Yeah, man. Tweeting about climate change is really eating up that national parks budget.

Well it does actually, people are expensive

>scientificamerican.com/article/trump-administration-orders-epa-to-remove-its-climate-change-web-page1/

Yeah, man totally not an agenda here. Just like him taking down the Spanish version if the White House page that's been up for decades was a complete coincidence.

>in b4 backpedaling and 'haha you Sup Forumstards are so easy to manipulate!!!!'

>Do you want medicare to go to climate change research now? That's not how government works
Well, it's not how it SHOULD work, but shit like that happens all the time.

Actually thanks to Obama, Trump may well be the most powerful president of all time. I agree with many of his policies but I think it's a terrible precedent.

> Just like him taking down the Spanish version if the White House page that's been up for decades was a complete coincidence.

Each new administration gets a completely blank white house internet page and the previous administrations' is archived. The new administration starts from scratch.

This has always been the case.

There are 9200 PEER reviewed studies out, that say WE'RE causing it. 92 fucking hundred.

There are THREE, 1,2,3 non-peer reviewed studies that are saying the opposite. And one of those was directly linked to the Koch Brothers.

The evidence is so fucking overwhelming, that denying it, and sticking with the 3 who say otherwise just makes you a moron.

It's happening, we're causing it. This is no longer up for debate as these same fucking studies talk about the serious problems we're going to face in as little as 20 years. We NEED to fucking act, now. Not sit there and still argue "well all those scientists, all those climatologists, all those ists can be wrong".

Why should the government have to communicate in anything other than english?

>Call it what you want, it's not fucking fascism you teen plebbitor

Can we call them """""alternate facts"""""

;^)

What percentage of the change in the climate is attibutable to man-made activities?

Be precise.

Dear Joss Whedon,

Please don't go back to work. Please stay upset about President Trump for the next eight years. Please keep fuming with impotent rage and not crapping out turd scripts. Please stay mad.

Sincerely,
The World

You didn't even read my post, did you? You just saw a single "if" statement that was there for the sake of argument and went REEEEE. This is what's wrong with politicized science. Can't discuss anything rationally.

>It's happening, we're causing it. This is no longer up for debate as these same fucking studies talk about the serious problems we're going to face in as little as 20 years. We NEED to fucking act, now.
I've been hearing this exact argument for...20 years, actually.

hhhahahahahaa this weenie dropped over half a mil of his own money to stop trump and still failed. no wonder he's salty.

it must blow his mind. in his world, anything can be bought.

It was pretty funny how retards interpreted that too

>Obama had the most people at his inauguration in person
-Fact

>Trump had the most people watching his inauguration both in person and online and on television
-Alternative fact

Seriously, do you ever have an original thought?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ITT:One leftard who has never taken a geology course.

>the next eight years
Doubt.

>The environment would have an effect on public health too, so should DHHS divert medicare funds to finance solar panels?

Retarded fucking comparison.

Parks are a LOT more reliant on the environment than the Health Department.

>Call it what you want, it's not fucking fascism you teen plebbitor
Him silencing the truth because he doesn't like it IS FUCKING FASCISM.

And this administration conveniently decided not to put up a Spanish page.
>The government shouldn't be accessible to non-English speakers
Wew

He could've been ambassador to a comfy, small european country after giving that amount of money

I'd be pissed too

>There are 9200 PEER reviewed studies out, that say WE'RE causing it. 92 fucking hundred.
Models reproducing results in other models and back validated with 20 years of climate data. Maybe more if they're willing to add a lot of fudge factors.

It's enough to say it's warmer and we're involved, but I don't trust exact numbers from models of a chaotic system filled with unknowns, kludges, fudge factors, and historically rather mixed predictive powers.

Something may well need to be done soon, but the uncertainty is rather great.

>This is no longer up for debate as these same fucking studies talk about the serious problems we're going to face in as little as 20 years.
Remember back in the 70's when they said we were going to run out of fossil fuels and have a food crisis by the 1990's?

He didn't actually, they broke their own rules, not rules he set.

Why are libs so uninformed?

Self deprecation that no-one is hiring/want to hear him? That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Like Russian backing

>>The government shouldn't be accessible to non-English speakers

How is this controversial?

I'm curious what you mean by this.

OK, well, I also hear it said a lot that climate change is a matter of national security

So should defence spending go to tackling climate change?

>Him silencing the truth because he doesn't like it IS FUCKING FASCISM.

Again, it's not

25% of the entire globe speaks English. It is arguably the easiest language to learn. Resources are available literally everywhere, many of them completely free.

There is no excuse for anyone in the US not to have, or at least be developing, tourist-level English skills.

Then you've been a fucking retard for 20 years. Because for 20 years these people have been saying that we're causing it, and it's getting worse.

And 20 years later it's STILL getting worse and we're still having this fucking argument. At this point all the people denying it should just be fucking ignored. As they're pretty much just like flat-earthers... Morons.

gGUYZ GUYZ GUYZ HE WILL JOT DIVIDE US REMEMBER? DONT LET OUR BELOVED SHIA DIE IN VAIN!

Or people could fucking learn English

Why would you ever provide an incentive for people living in the US to not learn English, how does that help anybody, including the non-english speakers themselves?

>and have a food crisis by the 1990's?
Goddamn I love genetically modified foods. Science and capitalism's record of solving every looming crisis is still spotless.

>"One of the things I like about the X-Men is they're not killing people. I miss the idea of... heroes who stop that kind of thing from happening. Here's why I'm not running Marvel: If I was, I would kill the Punisher. I don't believe in what he does. The Punisher just shoots up places. And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap"

Joss Whedon.

>doubt he'll run
>doubt he'll get the nomination
>doubt he'll survive this scandal
>doubt he'll stay in the race
>doubt he'll even win one state
>doubt he'll keep this lead on hillary
>doubt he'll win
>doubt he'll get the electoral college to vote for him like they're supposed to instead of hillary or bernie
>doubt he'll live long through the inauguration
>doubt he'll withdraw from tpp
>doubt he'll end immigration from muslim countries

>white nationalists at it again

just him being able to post this kind of shit without being silenced or jailed or even killed proves tht he's full of shit just like every other clueless degenerate leftie piece of shit