How does it feel to be brazil, the only country speaking portuguese while your neighbours speak spanish?

how does it feel to be brazil, the only country speaking portuguese while your neighbours speak spanish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFHgxIwvJ7I
my.mixtape.moe/tzdauv.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brazil is fucking huge, most of us dont talk to people in other countries irl, even if we talked to people from the rest of SA portuguese sounds like spanish and vice versa.

Feels superpower man.

>1
this, brazil is like half of south america, so its not like we are lonely

Feels bad desu

We can just can't take you seriously since you speak that silly language. You're a big country.

we are a big snowflake

My state shares borders with Argentina and Uruguay and we're more culturally Rioplatense than Brazilian. Most people are used to Spanish and at least half can speak it to varying degrees. Same with Paraná and Mato Grosso do Sul (borders with Paraguay), but oddly enough not Santa Catarina (between Rio Grande do Sul and Paraná), they're a thing of their own and they generally dislike both spics and monkeys.

I personally feel way more Hispanic than I feel Brazilian. Most of my friends in video-games are also Hispanics (from all Latin America, all the way up to Mexico). Rio Grande do Sul was once part of Banda Oriental, nowadays Rio Grande do Sul and Uruguay. We used to be the same thing, both Spanish speakers. After the Portuguese conquest of Banda Oriental we slowly shifted towards the Portuguese language. Uruguay still has a lot of Portuguese/Portuñol speakers because of that. In my opinion, should Rio Grande do Sul secede from Brazil we should make Rioplatense Spanish our official language and have Portuguese as a co-official language, as we did with Riograndenser Hunsrückisch and Talian, and I don't like Portuguese at all.

I don't know about the other states because unlike Banda Oriental they never had similar wars for independence, a Spanish-speaking brother-nation and stuff like that. And I really can't provide an opinion on it because I really don't know much about Brazil anywhere north of Minas Gerais, but in my state "Hispanidad" is definitely a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFHgxIwvJ7I

And we also have numerous Spanish borrowed words and slangs, from Rio Grande do Sul all the way to Mato Grosso. Brazilians also generally don't like the way we speak because it's too "espanholado" and often mock our dialects because of that. Most Brazilians also have a negative perception of the Spanish language, so I guess we have more than enough reasons to prefer being assimilated with Hispanics rather than to Brazilians, specially considering our past and current frictions with the Brazilian state.

To be fair that applies to Portugal as well lol.

latin america ir a bigger and poorer version of iberian peninsula if u think about it

Ireland and Britain are also neighbours to Portugal. The north of Portugal is also more Celtiberian than it is Spanish, and both the northern Portuguese and Galicians aren't very fond of neither Portugal nor Spain.

Languages and religion aside, what does Latin America have in common with the Iberian Peninsula? Iberians were too busy having sex with the natives and mining precious metals to actually bother leaving something remarkable in the region, besides degeneracy and violence that is.

i would say that the neighbours countries are more worried to learn portuguese than brazilians are worried to learn spanish.

i've never known many brazilians who wanted to learn spanish, maybe because they think they can speak. in the other hand, i've met a lot of spanish native speakers in the internet who wanted to learn portuguese, maybe because they consume more brazilian culture than we consume the culture of them.

>maybe because they consume more brazilian culture than we consume the culture of them.
Anywhere north of Paraná and Brazilians can barely speak their own language properly, so I wouldn't expect the average Brazilian to have any interest in the Spanish language and Hispanic cultures at all. I also wouldn't be remotely surprised if the average Hispanic knows more about Brazil than the average Brazilian.

How do people from the south feel about whites from other regions?

I'm a descendent of the Dutch from the Colony of Mauritsstad ( now known as Recife ) and my appearance is so white people often mistake me for a gringo before I start speaking portuguese, my northeastern accent is almost gone since I live in the southeast since I was a child. I wonder how I would be received in a southern town, tell user, what would you think of me?

>How do people from the south feel about whites from other regions?
Aside from Catarinenses we don't really care about race, mostly. It's more of a cultural thing rather than racial, specially in Rio Grande do Sul. Some more isolated areas in Paraná and Rio Grande do Sul (specially Serra Gaúcha) people are more inclined to judge others by race, but we generally don't give a shit unless it's an obvious nigger TNBing.

>what would you think of me?
How would I know? What's the point of looking European if you act like a monkey. I'd rather meet a black person who has an IQ of 130+ than an European-looking moron with an IQ that's barely even human. Anywhere in the world "whiteness" is perceived positively, just like "asianness". "Blackness" on the other hand is generally perceived negatively, unless it's a visibly intelligent black person like Joaquim Barbosa.

You don't see many Nordic-looking people committing violent crimes. Blacks on the other hand have created that stigma for themselves, specially in countries like Brazil and the United States where people are legit afraid of being around blacks. Rule of thumb. I personally judge people based on their apparent intelligence and morality, and I don't mind openly referring to a moronic European as subhuman, just as I don't mind referring to a moronic black as a nigger.

my.mixtape.moe/tzdauv.webm

When Brazil become a superpower, the entire world will speak Portuguese.

Why does Brazil seem like it's not even a latin american country?

Because our upper-class tries hard to be like white Americans from Miami, New York and Los Angeles. They even copy your architecture. Now average places of Brazil are no different from Colombia, Venezuela or Peru.

Brazil is pretty much it's own thing

because it isn't, Brazil is african

>our upper-class tries hard to be like white Americans from Miami, New York and Los Angeles. They even copy your architecture
This is a thing here too

>Because our upper-class tries hard to be like white Americans
Because it's wrong to be civilized in Latin America. They should build favelas and murder each other over territory instead.

>caring about the languages your neighbors speak

Pathetic