Sup Forums's definitive picks

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Veronique
gutenberg.org/files/2701/2701-h/2701-h.htm
bartleby.com/101/624.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Calling_of_St_Matthew_(Caravaggio)
youtube.com/watch?v=o8E0dt0soWc
youtube.com/watch?v=L44Ml8K_mDg
youtube.com/watch?v=ReWeRBw7KG8
youtube.com/watch?v=m1sjcQeRgOk
youtube.com/watch?v=WXRYA1dxP_0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_Gaul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery
whalingmuseum.org/acquia/sites/default/files/brit3a.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erechtheion
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7vQGrtOjc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolanus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Mangum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man why is Sup Forums's taste such fucking shit

Gravity's Rainbow or Ulysses for /lit/

/lit/'s defining book is certainly Infinite Jest. Same with Itaots for Sup Forums. Those two works define those boards culturally in inherent, structural ways.

Capeshit fans.
Maybe more recently, but I think Infinite Jest is still on top.

Sup Forums's was the hardest.

Easy: the fact that no one talks about Veronique on Sup Forums.

The board pick should be based on something actually represented by the taste of the board as determined by discussion, not an actually good movie just because it's "the movie board".

Infinite Jest and Aeroplane are accurate because they genuinely are well-known works that dominate their given boards (for better and worse). Superman is questionable for Sup Forums but if you're using him as indicative of DC as a whole then you can get away with it.

Sup Forums should be represented by Dark Knight Rises, and anyone who disagrees doesn't understand Sup Forums. This isn't a board for film discussion, it's a board for memes that happen to be tangentially related to film.

>inb4 it shouldn't be

Regardless of what you personally want Sup Forums to be, it is what it is. I'd like it to be better too, but it would be disingenuous to pretend anything other than TDKR is the movie most emblematic of the board

Is gravity's rainbow as hard as it seems at first? Should I have read other pynchon before trying it?

>the fact that no one talks about Veronique on Sup Forums.
You must not go to Sup Forums very often.

>ASS
>shit

Stop being a pleb.

put bvs for Sup Forums since it's the only movie anyone actually has discussions about, even if they're just shitposts.

It's okay
But chosen as the definitive pick shows awful fucking taste

Comics are a medium, not a genre, but a simple look at Sup Forums shows that the majority of Sup Forumsmrades are only interested in two publishers and one genre.

Even if ASS itself is a decent comic, it is undeniable that Sup Forums as a whole has poor taste.

Broaden your horizons sometime.

>a marriage of memes and quality, just like Infinite Jest.
What did he mean by this?

Sup Forums likes All Star Superman that much? I had no idea, it's easily my favorite comic.

Sup Forums should be TDKR or Drive

It's the one that I'd say gets circlejerked the most despite how much blowback that's gotten it too.

I also thought about Ostrander Squad.

Switch Veronique with the Thing. I've been here since the LOST days and Kieslowski is liked but not as much as Carpenter, unfortunately.

Sup Forums? You mean OP. It's not like OP took a poll to make that list.

Anybody can make a list, for better or for worse.

You also forgot Evangelion for Sup Forums and Dark Souls for Sup Forums (which is terrible by the way).

>Injustice
>nothing but capeshits
jesus christ that's awful

>
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Veronique

Few people on Sup Forums have read John Ostrander's Suicide Squad. In fact, most Sup Forums posters refuse to read any comics from before the year 2000 (only the British Invasion gets exceptions for this). Anytime you see someone on Sup Forums praising Ostrander's Suicide Squad, it's the same small group of people every time.

Source: I'm one of those pro-Ostrander circle-jerkers.

Sup Forums should be Drive or some Lynch shit

It's just OP projecting his own taste, Veronique is not representative of this board at all

I have never really been to Sup Forums, but I remember reading that series ~8 years ago, when I was into comics. It's fantastic.

Yes and yes
I recommend The Crying of Lot 49.

I've been on Sup Forums for 2 years now and I have never before seen a thread about that film before this one. Ever.

veronique is literally my 4th favorite movie and im that recurring top 10 listfag idiot who also tries to find not so subtle ways to bring it up.. and it really never works. definitely not /our movie/

the only viable options for us are the thing, that still of cia in the power stance, or a full picture of mary elizabeth winstead

and you all know it

This. The Thing has yet to lose relevance, and almost everyone of its threads gets a justifiable amount of responses

Agreed. That or BvS.

actually shit, now that i see yet another retarded thread and am reminded

it might just be barry lyndon

I unironically enjoyed the early discussion of IJ before it became a meme, same with ITAOTS.

DFW posting is still strong on /lit/, so I think it still deserves the spot. ITAOTS tho, has lost strength to Kanye posting or Grimes posting.

I've read 7/12 on that chart and I still rate ASS highly.

Sup Forumss favorite films are Satantango, Alice (1988), Valerie and Her Week of Wonders and Morgiana, plebs

>In the airplane over the sea

i'm ashamed of my favorite board

Sup Forums should be Satantango

?
it's a good album that gets memed to death

Sup Forums and /lit/ have the most progressive and constructive taste compared to other boards.

However, the memes on both boards are weak.

Pretty much, people often forget how honest some boards were early on.

Not everything started as a meme.

hail dave, hail victory

Yeah probably. That said Sup Forums's taste sucks so those are all shit.

>Novel
gutenberg.org/files/2701/2701-h/2701-h.htm

>Poetry
bartleby.com/101/624.html

>Painting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Calling_of_St_Matthew_(Caravaggio)

>Choral piece
youtube.com/watch?v=o8E0dt0soWc

>Opera
youtube.com/watch?v=L44Ml8K_mDg

>Symphony
youtube.com/watch?v=ReWeRBw7KG8

>Fugue
youtube.com/watch?v=m1sjcQeRgOk

>Film
youtube.com/watch?v=WXRYA1dxP_0

>Sculpture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_Gaul

>Pottery style
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery

>Scrimshaw
whalingmuseum.org/acquia/sites/default/files/brit3a.jpg

>Architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erechtheion

Sup Forums should be BLACKED.COM

Start with Crying of Lot 49, its very short and easy to read. Then read Inherent Vice, its one of his most easily comprehended and least strange. Then read V., it has many of the same themes and ideas as GR and while it is still very complex it is a bit easier than GR. Now your ready to read GR.

>Video Game
Dark Souls

>Folk tune
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7vQGrtOjc

>Model
Freja Beha Erichsen

>Fashion designer
Yohji Yamamoto

>Film critic
Richard Brody

>Play
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolanus

>Language
Italian

>Fountain Pen
Lamy 2000

>Design movement
The Bauhaus school

>Whiskey under $50 a liter
Bulleit Kentucky Straight Bourbon

>music critic
anthony fantano

>Dark Souls
>Joan Baez
>Whiskey
>Wagner
Do you own a fedora, a combat or ornamental knife, a raincoat or vape?

Sup Forums - INFINITE JUST

Sup Forums is all about Pet Sounds now.

Double Life of Veronique is great and a non-pleb answer but Tree of Life is huge here.

Kill yourself

>Non-alcoholic drink
Diet Snapple black tea with lemon

>Wendy's menu item
Spicy chicken wrap

>Degenerate sexual fetish
Spitting

>Vodka
Three Olives

>Philosopher
Wittgenstein

>Moral Precept
Loving your neighbor as yourself

>Typeface
Trajan

>Civilization
Post-WWII United States

>Ink
Pilot Iroshizuku ku-jaku

I use all these boards
Sup Forums is accurate
/lit/ is accurate
Co is more of cartoons than comics. Steven Universe brings the most traffic and every thread ends up talking about the show with both rabid hate and/or rabid love even if the thread is not about the show. Put SU there.

Sup Forums- I have not seen that movie ONCE on this board. TV is fueled by memes. It should be Dark Knight Rises or American Psycho.

>>Civilization
>Post-WWII United States
pleb

Seems like this is the 'most memed' so Sup Forums should get TDKR because no serious discussion is fostered around Infinite Jest or ITAOTS

Good thing I don't visit Sup Forums
This is the best comic book

>he thinks a superhero comic is the best the medium has to offer
>calls others plebs
Sup Forums was a mistake

No one actually talks about TDKR or praises it. They just mock the poorly written/ directed/ acted opening scene. Star Wars OT is more emblematic of films Sup Forums praises even if I don't think they're the best films ever.

>Infinite Jest
Get that shit out of here

It's interpretative dance masquerading as an encyclopedia masquerading as a book

>no serious discussion over ITAOTS
despite the memes it's still ridiculously popular and ends up obligatory on most people's charts and in most "favorite moments in music" threads with a billion replies. It's memed a lot but it's still notoriously the most beloved album of the board too.

Why doesn't Sup Forums have a sticky like Sup Forums and /lit/?

Ashamed to say this is probably most correct. Why is Sup Forums defined by such shit memes. At least Sup Forums and /lit/ hav made ok choices.

Wagner shouldn't be part of the stereotype. His patrician status was cemented before he got co-opted by fascists

>Don Rosa
"WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE THINK SCROOGE MCDUCK IS THE GREATEST COMIC EVER! IT'S WHAT MY SISTER HAD!"

is this supposed to be (from left to right)
>Sup Forums
>reddit
>tumblr
???
Also why did movie and literature switch on last block eeeee

Your autistic screeching isn't going to change my thoughts on the matter

Contrarian, Patrician, Plebian

post em

why do contrarians always have the better taste?

Left to right it's
>Intelligent >Schizophrenic> mentally retarded

>Person
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Mangum

But user i'm not the one who said that. It was Don Rosa.

>contrarian
That's literally the most standard taste one could possibly have.

proofs?

Watch any interview with him and he'll go on an autistic rant about how the entire comic world is beneath him and scrooge mcduck is the greatest thing the medium ever produced. Literally a 70 year old child.

>Citizen Bane

Then I'll never watch those interviews
I still think it's the best comic book

>capeshit
lol

>/lit/
Ulysses

>Sup Forums
All star superman is fine I guess

>Sup Forums
On spot

>Sup Forums
Either Drive, Blade Runner or TDKR

>Sup Forums
MGS2

>Sup Forums MGS2

Then /vg/ would be SSBM

I don't like superheroes either. I've been reading Howard the Duck.

>Those vidya picks
Shit taste

not garth ennis punisher, shit list

Make that movie Visitor Q and you have it.

Why does Sup Forums have such awful taste compared to Sup Forums and /lit/?

Because Sup Forums is memes, and memes only

Because Sup Forums just like capeshit and memes

Muholland drive for tv

Because it is literally and traditionally the dumbest board and the lowest common denominator.
Every idiot can watch a movie and talk about it.

all those posts for this one ultimate shitpost but no one ever gave a shit
i feel a little bad for you

good shitposting doesn't require validation; it exists for its own sake

I feel like it used to be better. You still had your mainstream stuff but you also found out about things that were under the radar, like those couple of years where Sup Forums was following all the new Korean films coming out.

Speaking of which, where do people go to find out about movies that aren't on general release nowadays? I feel like I'm missing out massively

WE NEED A SEPARATE FILM BOARD

>injustice
Worst "big" comic in years

>implying Sup Forums has good taste
jesus christ user
you can't possibly be that delusional

They're more open to experimental and outsider works than Sup Forums is

get bent

Sup Forumsmblr doesn't even deserve to be on this picture, and I've literally never seen anyone talk about la DOUBLE VIE
Those are all pseudo meme answers anyway, you should have just picked TDKR like any sane person would