This is the absolute peak of Eastern animation. It will never be this good ever again

This is the absolute peak of Eastern animation. It will never be this good ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_JTeAdCvCKs
mubi.com/lists/explore-japanese-cinema
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is that and should i watch it

i have never watched an anime film

It's pseudointellectual weebtrash for edgy Japanese teens.

End of Evangelion.

I would immediately say yes but it requires viewing of the show Neon Genesis Evangelion.

100 percent worth watching the whole thing, but it's a bit long for some people to commit to if they just want a film. 26 episodes.

You need to watch the TV show for it first (26 episodes, ~8-10 hours worth of).
So best ignore it for a while

Honestly I watched this a few weeks ago and it it was an experience unlike anything else. I feel like I could dissect and analyze it over and over again my entire life. People meme about the 2deep4u stuff, but this is the kind of thing that should be taught in Highschool like Great Gatsby or Grapes of Wrath.

>inb4 a bunch of people who haven't seen it come in and disagree with you

Its anti art garbage made for low IQ videogame players

t. pleb

Watch a Miyazaki film instead.

Miyazaki has...
>great visuals
>great stories
>great music
>great entry-level calibur stuff.

My favorites are Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke, but just about all his films are top notch. Very fun, magical stuff. This is coming from someone who hates serial anime.

trips confirm it

It's like 20 hours of show that has maybe an hour and a half of good content. They might as well call it Neon Genesis Misfire

>Person laying on the ground
>A hand touching a face
>The word disgusting

Wow what a fucking hack

what else can i watch guys

i don't want to see a whole show

i have never seen a japanese film either

Akira

Getting really sick and tired of people forgetting Sup Forums is an anime site. I'm not telling you to fuck off, I'm just saying take a look at where you are.

But see that's what is really cool about NGE and EoE. A dozen people can watch it and have completely different experiences. It's cool that one person can think it's pretentious bullshit, and another thinks it's a pure piece of art. In fact, that's kind of the point.

Why are you so obsessed with Japanese garbage? It's all meme trash.

this comparison image is such an asspull. anime haters will go to any retarded length to fail to prove their shitty points

i just feel like watching something else for a change

That's the point of art in general really.

Nobody is going to FORCE you to take feelings from it, but if you do than that's great! Any sort of art is 100 percent subjective.

All my friends are like this, there's an (obvious) stigma against anime/anime culture, but if you're someone who truly appreciates stories and storytelling, letting a ignorant or false sense of pride cut you off from an entire medium of storytelling is just dumb.

Look at what board you're on. A board that was created well after moot decided to pander to a larger audience and a board you only joined after the fact that it became popular because of a piece of shit capeshit movie. Fucking nu-weeb cancer

I never watched the anime, only read the manga.

Was mildly disappointed, the storyline about the class president gave me feels, though.

Should I watch the anime instead? Is it that much better?

>I just feel like eating literal shit for a change

>26 episodes
>20 min each
>'Dude guys it's like 20 hours'

With a brain like that, no wonder you don't like it

Hammerhead says "hi."

youtube.com/watch?v=_JTeAdCvCKs

It's better and pretty different. I'd say go for it

you have to watch the series first

besides that its better than any film that came out in the last five years

mubi.com/lists/explore-japanese-cinema

>Reads NGE
>takeaway feels are the CLASS PRESIDENT storyline that could literally fit in a normal kawaii uguuuu meme anime

Sup Forums - Television and Film. Fuck off to reddit if you don't like anime, you belong there.

ty. If it's not just the same thing in a different medium, I'll try it out

>turn Sup Forums into reddit
>go back to redit
You're adorable and I mean it, meme tourist. I bet you only support Sup Forums when you need to make sure you can post here since Sup Forumsedditors are always scared of them.

I was like 14 at the time (the appropriate age to read cartoons, mind you), go figure

>medium
Anime isnt a medium.
Would you say a movie made in India is something other than a movie just because it's made in another country?

Anno made the animekino Trio

Gunbuster is amazing and bittersweet. It serves as inspiration to many modern Hollywood sci-fis

Nadia is charming and endearing. The humor is on point while the sense of youthful growth is ever-present

NGE is NGE

There is no doubt that this is one of the greatest auteurs to have ever graced the medium.

Objectively true.

Animation is a medium

im not supporting Sup Forums. I'm supporting anime discussion on Sup Forums and not having you spergs come in and shitpost

>im not supporting Sup Forums
I know you're not because you're a fucking pleb piece of Sup Forums shit that joined Sup Forums in the mid 10s and now think you belong here because you've bane posted.

1. Try reading my post again
2. Breathe
3. Now read your own post again
4. Breathe
5. Take every word in both posts longer than one syllable and run it through a dictionary. Particularly the words 'manga', 'anime', 'medium' and 'different'.
6. Breathe
7. Reflect
8. If you still feel the same way, I will happily explain to you how much of a retard you are.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

Rebuilds are better.

I'm serious

Why is there a giant head in the background?

>dude I am so smart for watching Evangelion! it's so deep and smart unlike those western movies I don't even bother to watch! lol

I post on Sup Forums and the discussion is always waifu garbage. Sup Forums at least knows how to discuss a visual medium without talking about which female character has the biggest tits

Not the moron you are replying to,
But talking about "mediums" is pretentious as fuck when the comic you are talking about is a carbon copy of the animation anyway

this
I hate it when people consider it a genre.

I really have to watch Gunbuster at some point.

If it actually is bittersweet and was directed by Anno, then I like it already.

Sprited Away or Akira
both fantastic looking and fantastic stories that are very popular even among non weebs

>I need to discuss shows made for teenagers on Sup Forums

Pathetic

because anous is a talentless hack

Gunbuster is pretty comfy, though I haven't watched it in ages.

That's a lot to explain in one post. If you are genuinely curious id just recommend watching it.

Essentially it's a pseudo-god reshaping the world before being sliced in half

I wouldn't say gunbuster is bittersweet, it's more like a realistic coming of age story that just happens to feature giant robots

Yeah if you are 14 yo

that's not legend of galactic heroes

Wow the profile of a woman laying on her back. Clearly this is where ano got his idea

>I post on Sup Forums
Please don't anymore

The only real contester to this is macross:do you remember love. and anno was involved in that as an animator aswell

Sup Forums id obsessed with anime enough to constantly keep track of every new anime every season so they're always talking about the new (shitty) stuff even though there's usual ~1 good anime a season and they don't want to talk about pic related animes because they been discussed ad naseum on Sup Forums.

>the discussion is always waifu garbage
sounds like Sup Forums before the /q/ lied to moot
you were here then right :^)

>girl ascends to godhood
>she "dies"
>world is apocalypse mode because of it
>pic related is aftermath and her corpse

there is literally an NGE thread on Sup Forums right now. All you had to do was search.

>I don't browse Sup Forums but I know all about it because someone on Sup Forums mentioned how they're all meanies

uh, thats not the wings of honneamise

Reminder that manga is the superior weeb medium and is better than anime 90% of the time.

>Nadia is charming and endearing
Except for the island/Africa filler episodes. Skip episodes 23-29 and 32 to 34 (30 and 31 are technically island episodes but they have some plot development and aren't entirely worthless). All you'll miss is bad animation and derailed character arcs. If you insist on watching them, do so only after you've finished watching the good episodes.

There's a pasta for both feature films and series. Not counting releases post 2015

1. Symphony in August (Nishizawa, 2009)
2. The Book of the Dead (Kawamoto, 2004)
3. The Tale of Princess Kaguya (Takahata, 2014)
4. Night on The Galactic Express (Tarlofsky; Sugii, 1985)
5. Grave of the Fireflies (Takahata, 1988)
6. Spring and Chaos (Kawamori,
1996)
7. Rennyo and His Mother (Kawamoto, 1981)
8. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Miyazaki, 1984)
9. The Place Promised in Our Early Days (Shinkai, 2004)
10. Genji Monotagari (Sugii, 1987)
11. Japan My Homeland (Nishizawa, 2006)
12. Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! (Oshii, 1989)
13. Band of Ninja (Oshima, 1967)
14. Ocean Waves (Mochizuki, 1993)
15. Belladonna of Sadness (Yamamoto, 1973)
16. Bakumatsu no Spasibo (Dezaki, 1997)
17. Shouwa Monotagari (Murakami, 2011)
18. Metropolis (Rintaro, 2001)
19. Little Prince and the Eight Headed Dragon (Serikawa, 1963)
20. Angel's Egg (Oshii, 1985)
21. Millenium Actress (Kon, 2001)
22. Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show (Hirada, 1992)
23. The Sensualist (Yukio, 1991)
24. The Fake (Yeon, 2013)
25. Havoc in Heaven (Laiming, 1963)
26. Spirited Away (Miyazaki, 2001)
27. The Wings of Honneamise (Yamaga, 1987)
28. Amazing Lives of the Fast Food Grifters (Oshii, 2006)
29. Nightsong of Splendor (Dezaki, 1989)
30. The Wind Rises (Miyazaki, 2013)
31. Twilight of The Cockroaches (Yoshida, 1987)
32. Mind Game (Yuasa, 2004)
33. Princess Iron Fan (Laiming, 1941)
34. Otaku no Video (Mori, 1991)
35. Anne no Niki (Nagaoka, 1995)
36. Barefoot Gen (Masaki, 1983)
37. Hi no Tori (Rintaro, 1986)
38. Horus: Prince of the Sun (Takahata, 1968)
39. Memories (Morimoto; Okamura; Ôtomo,1999)
40. Midori-Ko (Kurosaka, 2010)
41. Arcadia of My Youth (Katsumoto, 1982)
42. The King of Pigs (Yeon, 2013)
43. Porco Rosso (Miyazaki, 1991)
44. Innocence (Oshii, 2005)
45. Kiki's Delivery Service (Miyazaki, 1989)
46. When Marnie Was There (Yonebayashi, 2014)
47. AKIRA (Ôtomo, 1988)
48. Ninja Scroll (Kawajiri, 1991)

Part I

>check pic
>notice utena isn't there
Ok you're good, move along.

Where did you get this list?

>LOLMANIMEfags
>knowing about Utena
Good one

49. Winter Days (Takahata; Kawamoto, 2003)
50. My Neighbours, The Yamadas (Takahata, 1999)
51. Princess Mononoke (Miyazaki, 1997)
52. Short Peace (Morita; Andô; Katoki; Ôtomo, 2010)
53. The Sky Crawlers (Oshii, 2008)
54. The Poem of the Wind and the Trees (Yasuhiko, 1987)
55. Only Yesterday (Takahata, 1991)
56. A Letter to Momo (Okiura, 2011)
57. Pom Poko (Takahata, 1993)
58. Giovanni's Island (Nishikubo, 2014)
59. Dead Leaves (Imaishi, 2004)
60. Ghost in the Shell (Oshii, 1995)
61. Akage no Anne (Takahata, 2010)
62. No Longer Human (Asaka, 2009)
63. Whisper of the Heart (Kondô, 1995)
64. Miss Hokusai (Hara, 2015)
65. Paprika (Kon, 2006)
66. The Life of Guskô Budori (Sugii, 2012)
67. From Up on Poppy Hill (Miyazaki Gorô, 2011)
68. Neo Tokyo (Kawajiri; Rintaro; Ôtomo, 1987)
69. Tekkekinkreet (Arias, 2006)
70. Galactic Express 999 (Rintaro,
1979)
71. Taro the Dragon Boy (Urayama, 1979)
72. My Neighbour Tororo (Miyazaki, 1988)
73. The Dagger of Kamui (Rintaro, 1985)
74. Song of Raiyantsuuri (Arihara, 1993)
75. Genius Party (de Crécy; Fukushima, Fukuyama; Morimoto, 2007)
76. 1001 Nights (Yamamoto, 1969)
77. Sword of the Stranger (Andô, 2007)
78. Castle of Cagliostro (Miyazaki, 1979)
79. Gauche the Cellist (Takahata, 1983)
80. Oseam (Seong, 2003)
81. Journey to Agatha (Shinkai, 2011)
82. Urotsukidoji (Takayama, 1989)
83. Patema Inverted (Yoshiura, 2013)
84. Wicked City (Kawajiri, 1987)
85. The Littlest Warrior (Serikawa, 1961)
86. Time of Eve (Yoshiura, 2010)
87. The Bells of Nagasaki (Arihara, 2005)
88. Space Fantasia 2001 Nights (Takeuchi, 1987)

>tfw manimefags ruined Jojo

There's one now with the some OP image and it took precisely two posts to turn in to waifuposting and le ebin "get in teh robutt shinji" memes

89. The Life of Confucius (Dezaki, 1995)
90. Kakumei no Wasaki Sora (Ikeda, 2010)
91. Run Melos! (Katsumara, 1992)
92. A Dog of Flanders (Kuroda, 1997)
93. Nitaboh (Nishizawa, 2004)
94. They Were Eleven (Dezaki, 1986)
95. Madoka Magica (Shinbo, 2012)
96. Violin in the Starry Sky (Wada, 1994)
97. Bobby's Girl (Hirata, 1985)
98. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Hosoda, 2006)
99. Aim for the Ace! (Dezaki, 1979)
100. Windaria (Yuyama, 1986)

I browse a sometimes but then leave because it's shit
NGE threads on Sup Forums immediately devolve into waifu wars. Asuka and Rei are both shit girls and it's a stupid argument to have daily.

>no Kimi no nawa

ok kid

that's because everything else has been discussed already to death and Sup Forums is beyond acting as if NGE is the best work of fiction ever made

Huh, too bad Sup Forums can't hold itself to the serious discussion quality of Sup Forums.

>No generic high school romance bullshit
Thank god

I think its partly due to the fact that a lot of threads on Sup Forums are just currently airing seasonal shows.

NGE is the only "classic" show that gets threads daily so it the threads attract a lot of crossboarders from Sup Forums, Sup Forums, etc.

You have no clue what you're talking about

>NGE threads on Sup Forums immediately devolve into waifu wars. Asuka and Rei are both shit girls and it's a stupid argument to have daily.
Sup Forums before the invasion(you being the invader)

it isn't updated for 2016

I mean I DID say that already. They've already discussed the stuff to death. The dumb pasta I replied to just likes to act like those anime aren't good enough for Sup Forums and not the actual truth.
believe me Sup Forums isn't that great either. The memes are fun tho

please show me where the majority of Sup Forums says that NGE is the pinnacle of human creativity

I agree with you user, how could he get away with this?

>I don't have an argument but here this meme picture to prove you are wrong ah ahah ah!

Sup Forums is split on Eva.

1/3 hates it and thinks it's completely overrated
1/3 respects its influence on nip cartoons but thinks it hasn't aged well
The other third are pure fanboys that spam in Eva threads all day.

>Haha look at me everyone!! I am all grown up, haha silly animated drawings, those are for children! I only watch movies with real people, because that's what adults do, right guys? =^]

I can smell your insecurities from this side of the planet, you fag. Pls consider Sudoku

I actually think seasonal watchers are the worst thing to have happend to the anime community.

It made sense back in the late 2000s when there were shows like code geass and deathnote who were full blown retarded, but nowadays Sup Forums tries to force stupid memes and waifu wars into every show no matter how generic it is.

Seriously, I don't get why you can't enjoy multiple mediums at the same time.

Don't mind me, just came here to post this.

>The memes are fun tho
Kill yourself, Sup Forums. Sup Forums and /lit/ were fucking right

First half of it is kinda mediocre, but it's so worth it for the rest.

You know I like to discuss Evangelion once a month or two on Sup Forums but when it comes a daily thread I really wish you would just fuck off to Sup Forums.

>entire series of emo as fuck esoteric retard dribble
>about 14 mins of good mecha total

Na man, just na. Superior Mecha:

>Patlabor
>Gundam 08th MS Team
>fuck, even Gundam Stardust Memory and Zeta Gundam

Sup Forums is the place to go for newfags who are too scared to post their opinions on Sup Forums.

Go for it, don't let the ignorant plebs dictate what you should like. Animated doesn't mean worse, it's just a different medium. You could always turn it off if it's not your thing.